Re: Deciding what level NPC are in a LitRPG

Here is how I would figure it. The a member of the general population will have an average annual XP gain across their lifetime. Maybe it's like 1000 XP per year. In turn, the general population's average annual XP gain will follow a bell curve. Maybe something like 95% are between 700 and 1300 XP per year. So, when it comes to plucking out an NPC, I grab a number from the curve based on a feeling (strong weak middling insane) and an age of the NPC and then it's a little multiplication and comparison to the XP table to find their level. 

Re: Deciding what level NPC are in a LitRPG

luda305 Wrote: Here is how I would figure it. The a member of the general population will have an average annual XP gain across their lifetime. Maybe it's like 1000 XP per year. In turn, the general population's average annual XP gain will follow a bell curve. Maybe something like 95% are between 700 and 1300 XP per year. So, when it comes to plucking out an NPC, I grab a number from the curve based on a feeling (strong weak middling insane) and an age of the NPC and then it's a little multiplication and comparison to the XP table to find their level.

Oh, that's a good idea. Thanks