Re: What makes you dislike the MC?

I fucking cannot stand the prudish "good girl" MCs who constantly go out of their way to comment on other girl's fashion/make-up choices, which are always too showy and so totally unlike the good girl MC with her natural beauty and brown hair and no make up and no cleavage showing ever because that's for SLUTS

Ugh
She's in so many books and I HATE her

i struggle with an mc that even when they are facing a dire situation and all they must do is act. the act is usually very simple and they have been there multiple times at this point. they don't honestly it's like the authors themselves can't grasp the situation either and just let there character stand there and get hit. the first time was honest. the seventh or sometimes the hundredth? i like learning characters. 

I go through phases of what I'm willing to tolerate, as far as certain faults. Lately, I've been particularly peeved at gloomy, broody MCs. The "I'm broken and can't be fixed" kind. Admittedly, I'll still consume whatever they're a part of if there is someone that at least makes fun of them for it ;)