Re: Just... response in general

Even though the fantasy I write isn't isekai or LitRPG, I started adding one of my stories to RR back in early March. (Why not?) Since then, that fiction has reached 30 chapters, 1500 views, 5 followers, 3 favorites, and 3 non-review ratings that are all 5 star... plus one regular commenter! That combination by itself is making me feel wonderful. But there's icing on top! I decided to start a second story here. It's very different - the first one is contemporary fantasy, the other is high fantasy, just to start with - so I wasn't sure how it might go over. I mentioned in an AN on my earlier story to watch for the new one starting this week. The second one was approved very quickly yesterday, and I have 2 chapters available. I already have 21 views, and one follow, one fave, and a comment from my usual commenter.

I've been on RR less than two months, and I'm feeling so good about being here. I write for my own entertainment, primarily, but having a place to share it where it actually gets seen is a great feeling.

Prysmcat Wrote: The readers on this site are great!

The community on this site and the engagement they offer are superb compared to other web novel sites. I've uploaded to sites like Tapas.io, Wattpad, and Inkitt in the past, and you need to work ten times as hard to reach the level of passive engagement you get here. It's a wonderful community and I'm glad you've found a place here too!

JenifryConan Wrote: I've uploaded to sites like Tapas.io, Wattpad, and Inkitt in the past, and you need to work ten times as hard to reach the level of passive engagement you get here.

Agreed - I spent a while on Wattpad, and despite three completed novels plus both stories I have here, I got fewer views over roughly a year than I have on a single story here in two months. Most of them were from a single other person whose work I also enjoyed so we were reading each other's. The difference is mind-boggling. I am very glad I took a chance on RR!

CookieCrumble Wrote: Okay, so I just give your moonblood a read and it was amazing. The prose flowed like water down the stream (sorry my euphemism suck) and not once I felt it stilted. Also the hint of the otherness, slowly revealed, really making me to read more. Keep up the great work!

I wasn't expecting anyone to take a look, but thank you for that and the kind words!