Re: Political intrigue/murder mystery in a magic school

In The Cursed Heart, Kayden (a trans boy awaiting trial for attempted murder), Kylie (a prophet who predicts death and misfortune for her loved ones, making her both relied upon and feared by those closest to her) and Max (a magical prodigy in a long family line of mages struggling to bring honour to his family and sacrificing his own dreams to do so) find themselves struggling to adapt to the secret magical school they've all ended up in. They'd just about have a handle on things, if one of Kayden's political rivals wasn't trying to kill a famous magical scientist and powerful politician, and framing them for it. With Kayden's trial approaching, Max's future in peril and Kylie not sure if her gift of prophecy is more helpful or dangerous, do the three even have time to foil a magical assassin before he manages his task?

They'd better find the time, because if he succeeds, magical society will be changed forever.

Derin_Edala Wrote:
Thedude3445 Wrote: A transgender protagonist in a book is cool already. I hope this story does really well.

I got my first .5 star troll rating shortly after posting this, and I suspect that mentioning he's trans (it doesn't come up in the story summary or the first couple of chapters) is what attracted their attention. So it certainly got some publicity! XD

This community is so toxic, but the toxic people are too afraid to actually show their faces. They just lurk and give 0.5 ratings. The people who actually post and comment are largely really cool. 0.5s are basically a badge of honor to show that your story's getting more popular, because now the jerks are discovering it.

Thedude3445 Wrote:
Derin_Edala Wrote:
Thedude3445 Wrote: A transgender protagonist in a book is cool already. I hope this story does really well.

I got my first .5 star troll rating shortly after posting this, and I suspect that mentioning he's trans (it doesn't come up in the story summary or the first couple of chapters) is what attracted their attention. So it certainly got some publicity! XD

This community is so toxic, but the toxic people are too afraid to actually show their faces. They just lurk and give 0.5 ratings. The people who actually post and comment are largely really cool. 0.5s are basically a badge of honor to show that your story's getting more popular, because now the jerks are discovering it.

That's how I took it! Same as when people think you're worth trolling on Tumblr.