Re: How would I go along merging chapters?

Complete noob here. I though chapters were a fancy way of saying pages, so every chapter of my book was only an estimated page length (600~). I’m a dumb idiot and need to know how to change this. Would I just need to edit in previous words in other chapters and delete the new ones, and if so, will this decrease viewership? At this moment viewership isn’t that important, but I have a feeling that people aren’t too happy with 600 worded chapters anymore  DrakanSigh

Re: How would I go along merging chapters?

I don't know if you're writing several chapters ahead as you update your fiction, but the downside of merging shorter chapters would mean having less time to write more before burning through your entire backlog. Unless you mean merging chapters that have already been uploaded, which can also have a negative effect on your fiction as it would completely throw off your current readers. :/

As a writer of short chapters myself, I understand the temptation to beef up each installment. But why not write organically? End the chapter where it makes sense to end it, regardless of the word count (as long as you meet the 500-word minimum). If a reader binge-reads multiple chapters, it'll make it easier for them to take a quick bathroom break or grab something to drink without having to worry about losing their place.

Think of it as offering the reader a bookmark every 500-600 words. XD