Re: Getting to Know People

OreoTreecko Wrote:
Kiebahow Wrote: Sup. I like over talking but I leave out a lot of information. Waffles.

1. I enjoy anime like Parasyte, Psycho-Pass, Overlord, Slime Anime, super heroes, and anything I feel like watching at the moment, but I'm too indecisive so it takes forever to choose. Love comics, though can't find any good ones, but manga are way better right now. I really hate losing.

2. I'm about to start college (have about a year already done due to college credit).

3. I'm currently watching Noblesse, Fairy Tail, Dr Stone, Fate/Zero, Kuma Kuma Bear, World Trigger, Tokyo Raven, The Irregular at Magic High, and 35 other anime.

Hey, and that is really good. I was in the same boat as you with college credit and it is super helpful during your road in college. Your saving so much money. Also your hatred for losing reminds me of my friend haha. How do you feel about Fairy Tail, I love the show but most people always say it's bad?

I don't hate fairy tail, but I also don't like it. I have mixed feelings. Sometimes it drags on too long, other times it feels too short. Beside the power of friendship everywhere, it's funny. I would have to say Happy and Gajeel are my favorite characters.

OreoTreecko Wrote:
sunandshadow Wrote: I am a voracious reader and enjoy anime, but mainly I'm a gamer.  (Yes a female one.) My dad put a handheld Space Invaders video game in my hands when I was 5; I'm now 40 and still gaming.  Aside from being a gamer I think of myself as a scholar.  I've studied:
- English (that's the one the degree is in, focus on structural analysis and other theories of long-form fiction)  Wanted to write novels since I was about 16, but never succeeded at that, and have come to the conclusion that I'm missing some necessary mental piece to write by myself.
- Game design (learned the hard way that I don't have the sheer drive necessary to be a lead designer, and good luck getting creative control in any other position unless you are investing $$$)
- Psychology a bit, but mainly personality types, emotional progressions, and personal mythology
- Arts and crafts (the only thing anyone wants to pay me for)
- and haphazard bits of biology, genetics, anthropology, and I attempted, but utterly failed, to study music composition.

You do seem well studied, I hope to learn more from your experience and knowledge haha. What games do you currently play? I'm not that much of a gamer due to never really having money to buy consoles, so I played a lot of mmorpgs on an old laptop which I still use to this day :).

I'm impressed by your energy answering all these posts; I really struggle when I accidentally manage to create a thread where I get a lot of direct replies I should respond to.

I have played a lot of MMOs (WoW, Dofus, A Tale In The Desert, Perfect World, WildStar, Rift...) though I'm not playing one currently.  On my PC I was playing ARK and a single-player farming sim most recently.  Sims and RPGs are probably my two favorite genres, followed by puzzles and tactical games.  But ever since I finally got a big tablet I'm loving playing mobile games on it while sitting in a comfy recliner rather than at a computer desk.  My favorite games are the ones where you can collect and/or breed animals or plants, whether they are horses, dragons, fish, or flowers.  These merge-five games where you level up buildings and plants, like Merge Dragons and EverMerge, are an interesting new genre.  Simpler stuff like sudokus and nonograms are good too for when I want to listen to music instead of something more immersive like a big RPG.

OreoTreecko Wrote:
AlexaLee Wrote:
OreoTreecko Wrote:
AlexaLee Wrote: Hey! I studied Psychology too! That’s probably why mental health comes into everything I write  DrakanLaugh

I’m currently binging the office for the hundredth time!

Ohhhhh, I heard about The Office. I'm been trying to get around to watching it, and cool psychology major twins.

Yessss! Watch the US one but start on season 2 😂😂 honestly I think being a psychologist/studying psychology makes writing easier!

Lol I'll make sure to start on season 2 haha. And knowing about mental illnesses and stuff in my opinion does make it easier to write flawed characters, not every character can be perfect lol.

I mean, you can go back and watch season one but... It isn't good  DrakanLaugh

Fully agree! Also, I think it gives more insight into behaviours!

OreoTreecko Wrote: parkertallan Wrote:
Hi. I'm Parker.

1. Love sci-fi, fantasy, and history.

2. Long time mechanical engineer.

3. Currently reading Ron Chernow's biography of Ulyssey S. Grant and binging the Great British Baking Show.

Hey Parker! How is it like being a michanical engineer? Did you have to have a degree to pursue that?

Love it. Lots of interesting and fun (to me at least) work on a variety of different projects. The perfect combination of math and science. Yes, you need at least a bachelor's degree to be a mechanical engineer. 

I love Leauge of Legends! I lost my life to that game for quite a while. But I stopped playing because my laptop is basically a dinosaur now.

I also LOVE anime! (Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Baccano, Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, Bleach, One Piece, Naruto/Shippuden, Sword of the Stranger, and so many more).

OreoTreecko Wrote:
K.M. Wrote: Hey! Nice to meet you! I'm K.M.

1. I love love love movies <3

2. My daily fix is a cappuccino made with oat milk. I have to have it or otherwise the day doesn't seem to start at all.

3. I work in the film/tv/media industry.

Oh coooool, what is it in the film/tv/media industry that you do?

I have done different things (being a DIT, assistant editor, 2nd AD etc.) but now I mostly write, and sometimes direct. I write screenplays and sometimes other things, like now I'm writing a lot of dialogue to a children's learning game :D Even though I spend already time writing for work, it's really nice to write my novel here because I've never written anything like that. It's so different and just for fun <3

Heyo! I'm Mav.

1. I have 3 degrees, including a Master's in English, and I study and teach grammar, rhetoric, folklore, and mythology, with a specialization in werewolf and monster studies (and wildlife biology of wolves on the side).

2. I'm a huge film nerd and movies and the moviegoing experience are my favorite things on the whole planet. I dream of making movies someday; I have since I was a little kid.

3. I'm also a video game nerd; I've played games all my life and was top of the worldwide co-op score charts and very high in adversarial in Uncharted multiplayer back in the day (Uncharted trilogy on PS3). I'm a huge fan of oldschool RPGs, especially but not limited to isometric ones, and cinematic games, and I enjoy game modding in my spare time.

Maverick-Werewolf Wrote: Heyo! I'm Mav.

1. I have 3 degrees, including a Master's in English, and I study and teach grammar, rhetoric, folklore, and mythology, with a specialization in werewolf and monster studies (and wildlife biology of wolves on the side).

2. I'm a huge film nerd and movies and the moviegoing experience are my favorite things on the whole planet. I dream of making movies someday; I have since I was a little kid.

3. I'm also a video game nerd; I've played games all my life and was top of the worldwide co-op score charts and very high in adversarial in Uncharted multiplayer back in the day (Uncharted trilogy on PS3). I'm a huge fan of oldschool RPGs, especially but not limited to isometric ones, and cinematic games, and I enjoy game modding in my spare time.

Hey! I know you!!! I'm so glad to see you here. Welcome.

Maverick-Werewolf Wrote: Heyo! I'm Mav.

Hey, do you have any thoughts about Claude Levi-Strauss or his type of myth analysis, which is like a grammar of stories? :)

Kiebahow Wrote:
OreoTreecko Wrote:
Kiebahow Wrote: Sup. I like over talking but I leave out a lot of information. Waffles.

1. I enjoy anime like Parasyte, Psycho-Pass, Overlord, Slime Anime, super heroes, and anything I feel like watching at the moment, but I'm too indecisive so it takes forever to choose. Love comics, though can't find any good ones, but manga are way better right now. I really hate losing.

2. I'm about to start college (have about a year already done due to college credit).

3. I'm currently watching Noblesse, Fairy Tail, Dr Stone, Fate/Zero, Kuma Kuma Bear, World Trigger, Tokyo Raven, The Irregular at Magic High, and 35 other anime.

Hey, and that is really good. I was in the same boat as you with college credit and it is super helpful during your road in college. Your saving so much money. Also your hatred for losing reminds me of my friend haha. How do you feel about Fairy Tail, I love the show but most people always say it's bad?

I don't hate fairy tail, but I also don't like it. I have mixed feelings. Sometimes it drags on too long, other times it feels too short. Beside the power of friendship everywhere, it's funny. I would have to say Happy and Gajeel are my favorite characters.

Yep haha, that power of friendship kept me going when I watched it when I was younger. I think my favorite characters are Laxus and Juvia. 

sunandshadow Wrote:
OreoTreecko Wrote:
sunandshadow Wrote: I am a voracious reader and enjoy anime, but mainly I'm a gamer.  (Yes a female one.) My dad put a handheld Space Invaders video game in my hands when I was 5; I'm now 40 and still gaming.  Aside from being a gamer I think of myself as a scholar.  I've studied:
- English (that's the one the degree is in, focus on structural analysis and other theories of long-form fiction)  Wanted to write novels since I was about 16, but never succeeded at that, and have come to the conclusion that I'm missing some necessary mental piece to write by myself.
- Game design (learned the hard way that I don't have the sheer drive necessary to be a lead designer, and good luck getting creative control in any other position unless you are investing $$$)
- Psychology a bit, but mainly personality types, emotional progressions, and personal mythology
- Arts and crafts (the only thing anyone wants to pay me for)
- and haphazard bits of biology, genetics, anthropology, and I attempted, but utterly failed, to study music composition.

You do seem well studied, I hope to learn more from your experience and knowledge haha. What games do you currently play? I'm not that much of a gamer due to never really having money to buy consoles, so I played a lot of mmorpgs on an old laptop which I still use to this day :).

I'm impressed by your energy answering all these posts; I really struggle when I accidentally manage to create a thread where I get a lot of direct replies I should respond to.

I have played a lot of MMOs (WoW, Dofus, A Tale In The Desert, Perfect World, WildStar, Rift...) though I'm not playing one currently.  On my PC I was playing ARK and a single-player farming sim most recently.  Sims and RPGs are probably my two favorite genres, followed by puzzles and tactical games.  But ever since I finally got a big tablet I'm loving playing mobile games on it while sitting in a comfy recliner rather than at a computer desk.  My favorite games are the ones where you can collect and/or breed animals or plants, whether they are horses, dragons, fish, or flowers.  These merge-five games where you level up buildings and plants, like Merge Dragons and EverMerge, are an interesting new genre.  Simpler stuff like sudokus and nonograms are good too for when I want to listen to music instead of something more immersive like a big RPG.

Lol, I'm just taking a reply one at a time :). Also yessss, people like to hate on mobile games, but there are some that are just relaxing and fun to play. The games are more accessible to everyone too, so you can play with more people! 

OreoTreecko Wrote: Also what games do you play right now the most? I grew up playing mmorpgs like wizard101 and Eden Eternal.

Right now? I've been playing a lot of Genshin Impact. I've also been playing some of the Sonic games lately because I got one of them for free and another one super super cheap, like a dollar or something.

More shamefully, I've also discovered a copy of an old 50 Cent (yes, the rapper) based video game for the PS3. It's actually pretty fun, considering it's a very basic shooting gallery game where ya shoot dudes by the dozen. The dialogue and voice acting is hilarious and Lance Reddick plays a villain in it for some reason.

Growing up, I played a lot of racing games, cuz I was intimidated by other games for some reason. A lot of Gran Turismo. When I got older, I eventually went back to play older games I'd missed as a younger kid, but it was mostly what I found at yard sales, so I got a taste for the weird stuff folks were selling.

Hello! I'm Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber, but I hardly stab anything these days.

1. I'm into dark fantasy, dreampunk, magical girl, villainess isekai, supernatural horror, gothic fiction, occult detective stories, thrillers, with a dash of ecchi.
2. I've graduated with a BA in English with an emphasis in creative writing, and I'm currently helping my mom take care of my dad.
3. I'm a conspiracy nut who's into listening to podcasts on alternative history, the occult, stuff like that.

I'm Quill, name taken from the narrator of my main series.

I have a master's degree in comparative literature, so I've read all sorts from across the world and various time periods, in translation or across 6 languages. Most of it European though.

Besides my two stories on RR, I've written a Norse mythological novel, a "Choose Your Own Adventure" story for an app, and a musical.

When I read stories or watch TV shows, I often pause to imagine how I'd have written a passage or a scene. It can take me ages to get through an episode of something.

How did I never notice this thread before? DrakanSigh
Anyway, hi, I'm Ramingo which is a name that I only use here on RR.
  1. I like anime, even though I haven't watched any in like 5 or 6 years and the last one was just a rewatch of Evangelion. 
  2. I go to university to study for something that I could very well learn on my own, but that piece of paper at the end is very useful. 
  3. I also like games, and I'm or was, to be precise, very good at some of them.

I'm msng, which is a name that I cleverly came up with based on an email address someone created for me.
  1. I like anime and still watch it, though not as much as in my Uni days. Last one I watched was Promised Neverland, which I greatly enjoyed and will probably buy the manga to read up on what happens next.
  2. I went to university to get a piece of paper that says I am almost-probably not a complete idiot and can be hired for entry-level positions. Also had a lot of fun, made a lot of mistakes (some I even learnt from) and was introduced to anime.
  3. I also like games, and I'm actually almost not-quite bad at them. As long as it doesn't require fast reflexes or physical coordination (i.e. strategy games).
  4. According to RR's database, in the last few weeks I reviewed or rated (in chronological order): This Young Master is not Cannon Fodder, The Path of Ascension, Rock Hard, A Dream of Wings and Flame, World of Alvarra: Rise of the Vampire Lord, Gamer's Guide to Waking up as a Dinosaur, Somebody Stop Her, The Last Ship in Suzhou, Gemstone Goblins, Son of the Spirit Beast, Salvos (A Monster Evolution LitRPG), When Immortal Ascension Fails Time Travel to Try Again, I'm Overpowered but I'll Let the Hero Do His Thing While I Save the Last Boss, Kairos: A Greek Myth LitRPG, The Calamity of a Reborn Witch, The Perfect Run, A Journey of Black and Red, Virtuous Sons: A Greco Roman Xianxia, The Villainess Always Dies (I'm screwed!), Virtuous Cultivation, Rise of the Midnight King, ThanaTopiary, RakhtaBhushan (Blood Ornament), Experimental Dungeon Novel, Evil Overlord: So Much Dominating, and Beneath the Dragoneye Moons.
  5. I am terrible at following instructions/traditions and am an overworker (an overachiever minus the achievements). As you can tell from how, for no practical reason, I have 5 points instead of 3... (with a super-subtle, stealth sixth masquerading as my mention of what my username is).

Hello, I am Radiophobia, an online username I have only recently adopted. 

[1]-I used to be an avid anime fan until around 2 years ago when I just kinda stopped, now I more like to read novels of all varieties using, RR, NU, and other websites. I also read books that I usually borrow from the library (which I have been doing less because of the pandemic). My other form of entertainment is youtube, where I watch gaming and commentary channels mainly.
[2]-I am paranoid in my day to day life, thinking that everybody knows everything about me and that I am just a pawn in somebody's game, when most likely I and just paranoid. 
[3]-I want to be involved in the medical profession somehow, but I don't know yet which field of medicine I will pursue, or if I will pursue medicine at all. I don't really know what I want to do in life and feel like I haven't found my calling yet.
[4]-I don't know where I am. Help.