Re: Stories with female MC

Title says all. New on here, so don't be shy to recommend the popular ones since I most likely haven't read them. You can recommend your own too :) Here are some of the things I'm looking for. 

°Strong female MC that proves her strength by actually showing it. I see some authors just say the MC is strong during narration and the reality is very disappointing. I don't need a mary-sue or op but someone who should have the strength befitting of a protagonist. Kinda hard to explain but hope you know what I mean. 
°I don't want the central focus to be on romance. Romance that's slow and develops over time is fine. Don't mind mature themes as well. 
°No palace, reverse harem, or cultivation stories. I don't really like those. (wuxia,xianxia,etc)
°No yaoi, yuri, or gender bender. No LGBTQ+, thx. Just a personal preference no offense to anyone out there. 
°Action,adventure, fantasy,litrpg,urban fantasy, etc are all fine. The only thing I don't want is a cliche story. I am not looking for a typical Isekai and if you do recommend a isekai, it better be really good. I think Isekai has a lot of potential but it's so saturated with garbage nowadays.
°I don't really want anything mundane, like slice of life. But maybe if it's really good I can give it a go. 
°Kinda obv but please, I want it to have good writing, plot, and characters. I'm not looking for a low-quality story. I'm always on novelupdates reading translated webnovels so I'm a bit worried about the quality. But I don't think I'll have to worry too much with the quality over here. 
°Finally, if any of you have ever read Doomsday Wonderland, you can use that as a reference point because I love it. 

P.S: Since it seems like a lot of royalroad authors really value reviews, I'll leave a review (don't expect a essay) if I really like it. Of course, only if you want. If I don't like it or don't feel particularly anything towards ur work, I won't leave anything. (Not even a rating). 

Thank u~~~  peolove

The Gemcutter’s Daughter by Astridhe is a fantasy fiction that should meet all your requirements; its quality is very close to that of a traditionally published book: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/27104/the-gemcutters-daughter

Though I hesitate to include my own story since it leans more toward slice of life than sci-fi and includes male POV chapters, the female protagonist’s character development might suffice to hold your interest. The introduction of the female POV coincides with Chapter 2-1: Simulation; feel free to start there if you want to get an idea of the prose: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/35783/amie-android

Elliot_Flanders Wrote: The Gemcutter’s Daughter by Astridhe is a fantasy fiction that should meet all your requirements; its quality is very close to that of a traditionally published book: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/27104/the-gemcutters-daughter

Though I hesitate to include my own story since it leans more toward slice of life than sci-fi and includes male POV chapters, the female protagonist’s character development might suffice to hold your interest. The introduction of the female POV coincides with Chapter 2-1: Simulation; feel free to start there if you want to get an idea of the prose: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/35783/amie-android
Oh! I've read your story before, I really liked it. Aside from your female lead, I thought all of your characters were well-developed and realistic. Anyway, thx I'll check out The Gemcutter's Daughter  peoapproval

Check out these. They're all very high quality, contain no romance, and get strong recommendations from me:

Crimson Crow: Thief of Fortune by Velara. 
An unusual mix of a high fantasy crossed with a sci-fi police procedural, this story has fantastic world-building and characterisation, and is an all-round winner, with plenty of mysteries waiting to be uncovered. The premise is that luck can be quantified, gathered and distributed like a product - so the main character steals it. The female lead is the greatest thief in the multiverse - what more to say?

Graven by Sharkerbob. Completed. 
Fast-paced, plot-intense dystopian superhero story with a particular focus on creative interpretations of powers and their logical application. Absolutely amazing plot with some real head-turning and immensely satisfying moments. Has multiple main characters but the vast majority are female and very high-powered.

Mind Reading Isn't Cheating by Thundamoo. 
This is some of the best quality high fantasy I've ever read. Incredible characters, creative interpretations of magic, compelling mysteries, and absolutely terrifying villains. The characterisation in particular is just stunning - you may love them, you may hate them, but you will remember them. Multiple POVs but the female MC is very strong.

The Glyph Queen by Flibbles. Completed.
One of the first stories I discovered on Royal Road and still one of the best. Near future science fantasy set on Earth rebuilding after a nuclear war, this story dives hard into large-scale political intrigue and the social impacts of war and magic. Multiple very strong female MCs.

The Ogre's Pendant by Traitorman. Completed.
Tied with Mind Reading Isn't Cheating for the best high fantasy on the site, at least that I've read, and has a similar feel. Incredible characterisation and prose, gripping dark plot, and one of the very few stories on RR that brought me to tears. The second story, Rat in the Pit, is even better. Multiple MCs but its female characters are very strong.

Tower of Somnus by CoCop 
A cyberpunk corporate dystopian VR LitRPG with aliens (how many more genres can we cram in here?), this story is all about good people doing bad things - a unjust world forcing their hands. And trying to make things better. Full of thrilling action, satisfying progression and brilliant world-building. Strong female MC.

When Immortal Ascension Fails, Time Travel to Try Again by DragonOfRochester. 
An affectionate satire of the xianxia genre, this story follows a woman being transmigrated into a fictional story and forced to put up with an obnoxious main character for 1,000 years, almost obtaining immortality. When she's forcibly sent back in time to the beginning, however, she gets a chance to fix all the problems with the author's original plotline. Fun, addictive, and adorable. Strong female lead for obvious reasons.

OntoSomethingGood Wrote: Hi, I know you've said no romance, but do have a look at my book Together. As it says in the notes, there are no fantasy/adv elements in the literal sense, but my MC does have to face some weird creatures :)
Hmm I'll check it out. It does seem like too much romance but I'll see. 
AlexaLee Wrote: I hesitate to recommend my own books but it seems that both would fit into your criteria! There is some romance in both but they are both slow burns and not central themes :)

Thx both of them seem cool 
Csuite Wrote: Check out these. They're all very high quality, contain no romance, and get strong recommendations from me:

Crimson Crow: Thief of Fortune by Velara. 
An unusual mix of a high fantasy crossed with a sci-fi police procedural, this story has fantastic world-building and characterisation, and is an all-round winner, with plenty of mysteries waiting to be uncovered. The premise is that luck can be quantified, gathered and distributed like a product - so the main character steals it. The female lead is the greatest thief in the multiverse - what more to say?

Graven by Sharkerbob. Completed. 
Fast-paced, plot-intense dystopian superhero story with a particular focus on creative interpretations of powers and their logical application. Absolutely amazing plot with some real head-turning and immensely satisfying moments. Has multiple main characters but the vast majority are female and very high-powered.

Mind Reading Isn't Cheating by Thundamoo. 
This is some of the best quality high fantasy I've ever read. Incredible characters, creative interpretations of magic, compelling mysteries, and absolutely terrifying villains. The characterisation in particular is just stunning - you may love them, you may hate them, but you will remember them. Multiple POVs but the female MC is very strong.

The Glyph Queen by Flibbles. Completed.
One of the first stories I discovered on Royal Road and still one of the best. Near future science fantasy set on Earth rebuilding after a nuclear war, this story dives hard into large-scale political intrigue and the social impacts of war and magic. Multiple very strong female MCs.

The Ogre's Pendant by Traitorman. Completed.
Tied with Mind Reading Isn't Cheating for the best high fantasy on the site, at least that I've read, and has a similar feel. Incredible characterisation and prose, gripping dark plot, and one of the very few stories on RR that brought me to tears. The second story, Rat in the Pit, is even better. Multiple MCs but its female characters are very strong.

Tower of Somnus by CoCop 
A cyberpunk corporate dystopian VR LitRPG with aliens (how many more genres can we cram in here?), this story is all about good people doing bad things - a unjust world forcing their hands. And trying to make things better. Full of thrilling action, satisfying progression and brilliant world-building. Strong female MC.

When Immortal Ascension Fails, Time Travel to Try Again by DragonOfRochester. 
An affectionate satire of the xianxia genre, this story follows a woman being transmigrated into a fictional story and forced to put up with an obnoxious main character for 1,000 years, almost obtaining immortality. When she's forcibly sent back in time to the beginning, however, she gets a chance to fix all the problems with the author's original plotline. Fun, addictive, and adorable. Strong female lead for obvious reasons.

ooooooo  PeoloveU  

Check out mine maybe?

Here's an alternate blurb if you want...

The story of Chitra and the story of Bloom. One living in a reality submerged in inescapable darkness; the other, in Finitum, a virtual reality, where the light she craved for all her life is in abundance. They are one, yet separate, struggling against challenges in their respective world. What would happen if that separation starts to disappear???

Basically, it's about a blind girl gaining her sight in a VRMMORPG. It isn't slice of life either, but mostly action-adventure based. and though I intend to add some romance element to the story, it's a slow one, still in its infancy and you might not even notice the hints if you aren't looking for them...

As usual, Link in signature...

Well, if we're promoting ourselves... I got a new lit RPG novel out named Mana Anxiety.

It's about a girl figuring out how to step into herself and her strength amid a world that isn't made for her.
She definitely won't tell you she's strong, but she simply refuses to give up no matter how many times she gets pushed back down.

The start is slow, but we're slowly starting to ramp up into the real action, and my updates are MWF 8AM PST unless there's something special and I post extra:)

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/42741/mana-anxiety

"James had always had issues with people, that's what happens when you have severe social anxiety. And then the event happens. Fine, at least she isn't going crazy, somehow this is better, or at least everyone is seeing things together. But her social anxiety is enough to get her in trouble even here. But she'll get through it. She'll just get stronger. Strong enough that she won't need to deal with anyone. Strong enough that she won't need to avoid people, they'll avoid her."

Tatletot Wrote: Well, if we're promoting ourselves... I got a new lit RPG novel out named Mana Anxiety.

It's about a girl figuring out how to step into herself and her strength amid a world that isn't made for her.
She definitely won't tell you she's strong, but she simply refuses to give up no matter how many times she gets pushed back down.

The start is slow, but we're slowly starting to ramp up into the real action, and my updates are MWF 8AM PST unless there's something special and I post extra:)

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/42741/mana-anxiety

"James had always had issues with people, that's what happens when you have severe social anxiety. And then the event happens. Fine, at least she isn't going crazy, somehow this is better, or at least everyone is seeing things together. But her social anxiety is enough to get her in trouble even here. But she'll get through it. She'll just get stronger. Strong enough that she won't need to deal with anyone. Strong enough that she won't need to avoid people, they'll avoid her."
Fine by me.  But is James a female given name?  

My story seems to hit the bill perfectly. It's about a dwarf paladin who goes on a quest simply to save enough money to get herself a nice, little home away from her noisy clan. I've never seen a story with a female dwarf MC (hell, I've barely seen female dwarfs even as supporting characters) so I've decided to fill in the gap myself :)

minime Wrote: Title says all. New on here, so don't be shy to recommend the popular ones since I most likely haven't read them. You can recommend your own too :) Here are some of the things I'm looking for. 

°Strong female MC that proves her strength by actually showing it. I see some authors just say the MC is strong during narration and the reality is very disappointing. I don't need a mary-sue or op but someone who should have the strength befitting of a protagonist. Kinda hard to explain but hope you know what I mean. 
°I don't want the central focus to be on romance. Romance that's slow and develops over time is fine. Don't mind mature themes as well. 
°No palace, reverse harem, or cultivation stories. I don't really like those. (wuxia,xianxia,etc)
°No yaoi, yuri, or gender bender. No LGBTQ+, thx. Just a personal preference no offense to anyone out there. 
°Action,adventure, fantasy,litrpg,urban fantasy, etc are all fine. The only thing I don't want is a cliche story. I am not looking for a typical Isekai and if you do recommend a isekai, it better be really good. I think Isekai has a lot of potential but it's so saturated with garbage nowadays.
°I don't really want anything mundane, like slice of life. But maybe if it's really good I can give it a go. 
°Kinda obv but please, I want it to have good writing, plot, and characters. I'm not looking for a low-quality story. I'm always on novelupdates reading translated webnovels so I'm a bit worried about the quality. But I don't think I'll have to worry too much with the quality over here. 
°Finally, if any of you have ever read Doomsday Wonderland, you can use that as a reference point because I love it. 

P.S: Since it seems like a lot of royalroad authors really value reviews, I'll leave a review (don't expect a essay) if I really like it. Of course, only if you want. If I don't like it or don't feel particularly anything towards ur work, I won't leave anything. (Not even a rating). 

Thank u~~~  peolove
Hello, please do check out mine, but since I have just started it, it will take up to May 25 for at least 10 chapters to be up.