Re: For the Writeathon, how do I identify my progress?

eaglejarl Wrote: I'm participating in the Writeathon and should be able to finish my 25,000 words by EOD today, but I'm concerned that the RR word counter might be different enough from my own that I miss the deadline.  I see how many words RR thinks the story is overall, but is there a way to see what it thinks my progress is since the Writeathon started?

It ain't really different, no. And as far as I'm aware, there's no direct way to track your progress pre result posting, but if you're really concerned, then you can see the word count of each chapter in your dashboard's chapter list. All you gotta do is add 'em up, count it yourself or be lazy and use a calculator(I know I did), and you should be able to tell how many words you've got...

I Wrote:
eaglejarl Wrote: I'm participating in the Writeathon and should be able to finish my 25,000 words by EOD today, but I'm concerned that the RR word counter might be different enough from my own that I miss the deadline.  I see how many words RR thinks the story is overall, but is there a way to see what it thinks my progress is since the Writeathon started?

It ain't really different, no. And as far as I'm aware, there's no direct way to track your progress pre result posting, but if you're really concerned, then you can see the word count of each chapter in your dashboard's chapter list. All you gotta do is add 'em up, use a count it yourself or be lazy and use a calculator(I know I did), and you should be able to tell how many words you've got...

Got it.  Thank you.

I had the same question, but I found a quick solution. Go to your fiction's dashboard. Right below the description should be a "Statistics" drop-down. Click on that, then scroll over the question-mark next to "Pages". That will bring up a little description of how they calculate page number, including, at the very end, the word-total of your fiction according to RR.
Hope that helps!

{Edit} Never mind. Missed the part about "Since the challenge started." ^^;

I saved the date I applied for the challenge, and then I've been doing a rough approximation with 'number of chapters' times 'average length'. 
Of course, that would mean you remember when you submitted the form.

It also helped me to set a minimum number of words I had to write per day (3k in my case, I was a bit late) to reach the 25k mark, although it might be a little late for that.