Re: Absolutely love this community!

Hi all,

I've been reading fictions on this site for around two years, and became a RR member 9 months ago.

I am floored by the helpfulness and decency of so many community members, as well as the sheer volume of wonderful stories people write on here! The sense of togetherness I feel on this site is absurdly rare on the internet, at least in my experience.

Thank you all for being amazing, and for sharing your imaginations! It really means a lot.

About me:
I'm a 43 year old opera singer, whose career imploded with the pandemic. However, I have many amazing writers to thank on this site, for helping me to weather these hard times by allowing me to immerse myself in your beautiful worlds during my downtime.

Y'all are awesome!

-Max :)

MaximumCat Wrote:
Ankur_93 Wrote: Hello and welcome!
Those are some interesting set of skills. Opera + writing. I wonder if you are using your singing knowledge in the novel. That would make for a wonderful story.
All the best with your story!

Yes, I do make use of my singing knowledge, to some degree... XD

oh good to know! Bookmarking it to read later. :)

Id like to add abit in here if I may, I ain't really the social kinda fella, dont talk much to people. The mantra "Hate everyone unless proven otherwise" springs to mind.

Yet this site HAS proven otherwise. The community is fantastic and brilliant, I think it may be because RoyalRoad is entirely based around the idea of creativity in writing and in so in reading that it attracts the kind of people with a poetry to their mentality. I've only been here a few months but I've engaged with more people and in more discussions than even discord servers with me hanful of close mates.

The people here deserve absolute praise, even the "Elders of RoyalRoad" aren't snobby and disinterested like on other sites, and their open arms helps give others the confidence needed to find their voice to become a part of this community. Fellow writers are supportive, and everyone is great to chat to. Its absolutely Crackin!

Seriously, every one of ye. Absolutely f[CENSORED]kin all of ye, give yerselves a pat on the back. If Twitter is the cesspool, this place is a well made beef stew. Delicious and good for your health!

Also MaximumCat, sorry to here your career has gone the way of atomic fusion. Opera singing is a hellofa talent, far more so than the drivel that fills the charts these days. Hope it takes off for you again after someone has found the right fire extinguisher to put this burning planet out. The only limit is what's in your noggin, as long as you believe you can do it, you can.

Take care lads!

TJ_Taz Wrote: Also MaximumCat, sorry to here your career has gone the way of atomic fusion. Opera singing is a hellofa talent, far more so than the drivel that fills the charts these days. Hope it takes off for you again after someone has found the right fire extinguisher to put this burning planet out. The only limit is what's in your noggin, as long as you believe you can do it, you can.

TJ_Taz,

Yeah, it definitely hurts losing my career! However, due to RR I've found another creative passion in writing fiction.

I'll be happy if I can return to the stage once more, and it's kind of you to write such encouraging words :)

For now, I'll just keep on enjoying as much of the beef stew as I'm able!

MaximumCat Wrote:
TJ_Taz Wrote: Also MaximumCat, sorry to here your career has gone the way of atomic fusion. Opera singing is a hellofa talent, far more so than the drivel that fills the charts these days. Hope it takes off for you again after someone has found the right fire extinguisher to put this burning planet out. The only limit is what's in your noggin, as long as you believe you can do it, you can.

TJ_Taz,

Yeah, it definitely hurts losing my career! However, due to RR I've found another creative passion in writing fiction.

I'll be happy if I can return to the stage once more, and it's kind of you to write such encouraging words :)

For now, I'll just keep on enjoying as much of the beef stew as I'm able!

Aye Max,

Taz is fine mate saves yer fingers! I'll aves a gander at your writing at some point near future (madness, lots of it. Up down, on the ceiling, on the floor MADNESS EVERYWHERE. Tis rather occupying) any work from someone with musical talent is something I'd be intrigued with.
Im sure you'll get back there, I always try to be honest (albeit bonkers at times cus it's amusin.) and if you really want it you will get it, might take time. just don't give up. We're rootin for ye! It's never nice hearin anyones been shagged by forces beyond their control, moral support might be all we can give but sometimes it's enough yknow.

Ahhh the stew, well luckily I made an extra portion! Slow cooked the beef this time, it meeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllltttttttttttttttttttsssssssss. Grab a ladle! Their's plenty to go around!

-Taz