Re: New writer here!

Hi everyone!

I'm a former opera singer - due to COVID. I've been a reader on RoyalRoad for quite some time, but had never before written any serious fiction.

My first story is in my signature, below. I wanted a LitRPG without huge info-dumps, where the MC has to struggle to survive.

MANTID is the tale of a young musician who, murdered in cold-blood during the pandemic, is reincarnated upon another world as a newly-hatched praying mantis. Combat is quick and decisive, similar to real life. I wanted to write something for the sake of story and characters, with action to flavor it, rather than a tale based upon epic, multi-chapter battle scenes between two opponents.

I'm also interested in finding new LitRPG stories to read, especially if they are similar to what I have described above!

Regards,

Max :)

Just wanted to let you know, you have a stray
Code:
[url=https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/41748/mantid][/url]

at the bottom of your signature. If you want it to be a clickable image, you should move the first section to before the image, leaving the /url section at the end. If not, you may want to delete it to keep your sig tidy as in its current form it serves no purpose.

:)

Welcome to RR! Good luck with your story!
peoYes

welcome to the site! sounds like an interesting book premise.  I, too, started my "writing career" when covid shut everything down.  I have the luxury of being able to work full time from home since I'm a programmer and my "side hustle" is toy and game design.  Since there was a scare that we'd run out of ventilator parts like they did in Italy I halted all toy design work so that I could save all of my 3D printing supplies to print medical equipment if needed.  I started writing my story since it wouldn't use up any resources other than time.

I hope yours works out well and you're able to find your readership ^__^