Re: Inconsistent comments count and missing/delayed notifications

Hello, I have been noticing this for a while now. 

1. I see a new comment from user X for a chapter Y in Content->Chapters list. But when I click on it, I cannot see any comment from that user.
2. There is no notification about that comment.
3. The dashboard->Fiction list shows the comment count increased, but when I click on my fiction, it still shows the old count.

I am confused as to what to make of this. Looks like RR's messaging system is erratic. Has anyone else experienced this before?

I did. On one of my chapters there was an odd comment so I replied back a 'thanks, but this will be deleted.' Then deleted the comment and the reply.

Now there are no comments on my book. Ideally, it should be shown to have 0 comments. But it is showing 2 comments. However the deleted comments are no longer displayed though the number is still at 2.

Now on the dashboard I can still see the deleted comment and my deleted reply. Both have an option to undo delete. Perhaps, in your case the comments are deleted from the reader's end.

And maybe the number suggests how many comments the book has received and not how many are visible.

kmd_dgkr Wrote: I did. On one of my chapters there was an odd comment so I replied back a 'thanks, but this will be deleted.' Then deleted the comment and the reply.

Now there are no comments on my book. Ideally, it should be shown to have 0 comments. But it is showing 2 comments. However the deleted comments are no longer displayed though the number is still at 2.

Now on the dashboard I can still see the deleted comment and my deleted reply. Both have an option to undo delete. Perhaps, in your case the comments are deleted from the reader's end.

And maybe the number suggests how many comments the book has received and not how many are visible.

Thanks :) My problem is resolved now. It seemed someone gave me a rating, but that counted as a comment against the chapter. It disappeared the next day I posted this message. So at least for now, my counts are consistent. :)