Re: Donation

I received an error message when trying to fill out my Donations field.  Now I can't find the Donations field at all in my Settings.  Is Royal Road trying to do away with the ability to accept Donations? 

Edit - The only way I can access the Donations field is through the link in the FAQ.  When I access my Author Dashboard through the Write tab there is no field for Donations.  Looks to me like it is in the process of removal from the site.

The author dashboard was overhaled fairly recently, so it's most likely a bug or glitch. Phasing it out wouldn't benefit RR in any way, so they have no motive to do so. Besides, they're a very transparent team and the changelogs they release are always detailed and upfront. If they had any plans of removing it as a feature, they'd announce when the change is taking effect instead of doing it in secret.

Thanks for replying, Jenifry.

Here's the reply I got for my help request:

"Hello LibrarianBarbarian,
Adding donation links is currently not possible without an ETA for when it returns, apologies for the inconvenience. 

Regards, "

I have only just created my account  here, so I can't speak for Royal Road, but in most other places, "without an ETA for when" kind of means phased out.  I hope I am wrong and you are right.

LibrarianBarbarian Wrote: Thanks for replying, Jenifry.

Adding donation links is currently not possible without an ETA for when it returns, apologies for the inconvenience. 

Regards, "

I have only just created my account  here, so I can't speak for Royal Road, but in most other places, "without an ETA for when" kind of means phased out.  I hope I am wrong and you are right.

If you know anything about making websites that usually means "we're panicking behind the scenes and have no idea when we can fix this"

AeroKaia Wrote:
LibrarianBarbarian Wrote: Thanks for replying, Jenifry.

Regards, "

If you know anything about making websites that usually means "we're panicking behind the scenes and have no idea when we can fix this"

It's a rectangular button. The button has a link. It really is not any more complicated than that 

What could be a problem, is that sometimes it took you to a Paypal site which revealed an author's name. So maybe that's why it was removed. Or, people weren't using it at all (Patreon seems more popular). 

But I have my doubts that it's an implementation issue. Maybe there's some legal problem, taxes, idk? (Royalroad isn't taking any of the money, so that would be strange)