Re: What are some unused video game elements that would make fot interesting gamelit?

Sake Wrote: *tries to apply first aid to wounds*
*everything is blurry,  can't see shit*

"Wtf?"

*Dies due to pg-13 rating*

"Isekaied in a pg-13 world with my girlfriend" Sounds like the single most frustrating story ever with some hilarious opportunities. Every time they are about to have 18+ scenes the chapter ends. Next chapter begins with "Wait, fade to black, Really?! WHAT THE HECK WORLD?!"

Re: What are some unused video game elements that would make fot interesting gamelit?

LegionOfReason Wrote:

"Wtf?"

"Isekaied in a pg-13 world with my girlfriend" Sounds like the single most frustrating story ever with some hilarious opportunities. Every time they are about to have 18+ scenes the chapter ends. Next chapter begins with "Wait, fade to black, Really?! WHAT THE HECK WORLD?!"

Better

underwear isn't removable 

sunandshadow Wrote:
Sereminar Wrote: I really love gamelit that is specifically not litrpg, like I've only really seem a handful of them but they were great! So really, I'd love to see some more.

Rythm games, maybe a bit hard to write though
Brawler
Stealth
Metroidvania, totally doable!
Simulators 
Turn based strategy (done before, but still under represented)
Sports games
Puzzle games (probably a harder one to pull off)
Idle game (how funny/bizarre would being stuck in an idle game be xD )

Idk, basically every genre/type of game that isn't an rpg would be super fun to see :p
I play a lot of sims, but I have no idea how you'd capture that kind of fun better than things like crafting-focused litRPG or factory core already does.  There are some of Harvest Moon and Stardew Valley fanfics out there, but they tend to deemphasize the game mechanics.  Fanfics of ARK or Wurm Online or any of those survival sims tend to die after a few chapters when the writer can't find a story to tell.  This is a topic I'd be interested in discussing more or getting recommendations for examples.

we'd go full circle and prove once and for all that we live in clown's world if sims ever became a popular litrpg subgenre

the very type of game that, as the name implies, aims to simulate non-video game reality. think about it.

Would be funny to have a guild scene that operates like a video game lobby instead of the usual serious fantasy business.

Random group names
That one annoying person who constantly jumps from lobby to lobby instead of waiting for it to fill up.
The foreigner who is either a troll or a pro, with no way to tell until it's too late.
Having to repeatedly kick the one idiot who doesn't get the message.
People claiming a different role just to get in a group. Nothing like a healer that wears a black cloak and runs around with poison daggers.

Sake Wrote:
LegionOfReason Wrote:

"Wtf?"

Better

underwear isn't removable
I have a video game world where that's a thing. A wilderness survival game where, when they inevitably die, people wake up on the beach Ark Survival style, in only their indestructable and unremovable underwear. 

There's an entire religion and science surrounding the mysteries of the underwear. Why do they have it? Who made it? Is it possible to replicate the indestructible material? Is there anything underneath or are everybody Ken dolls down there? 

+1 for actual balance. No game rewards jack of all trades but despite all the cool sounding names 95% of LitRPG protagonists are jacks that seem to put stats in whatever is lowest currently or gains a ranged spell so they can shoot something in the face with a weak mana bolt as they are running up to cut off its head. (Or more accurately shooting a "Pure Aæthear Enhanced Bolt" to insta kill one boss while they swing their "Thousand mile slash" at the other boss and out wizard/out warrior all their opponents)

I think fighting games could be a borderline impossible but interesting concept for gamelit (think High Score Girl Manga). Games in the style of Mount and Blade and Rimworld could be interesting, or even a strategy game in the style of Age of Empires 2. I've toyed with the idea of a Rimworld-style story but it would be difficult to make it... interesting, so to speak.

JK-sama Wrote: I think fighting games could be a borderline impossible but interesting concept for gamelit (think High Score Girl Manga). Games in the style of Mount and Blade and Rimworld could be interesting, or even a strategy game in the style of Age of Empires 2. I've toyed with the idea of a Rimworld-style story but it would be difficult to make it... interesting, so to speak.
This story is a lot like Rimworld (though even more similiar to Dwarf Fortress, since it's a medival/fantasy setting instead of a sci-fi one) https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/40290/demesne . It also has an original/unique magic system and backstory, felt pretty fresh