Re: Reading Apps, Ramblings and Constipation(?)

So today I received a comment praising my novel before recommending that I upload it on an app called Novelstar. Curious, I searched the app and it seemed like a rather new app with only 100K+ downloads [only is relative here, of course]. Then I checked the commenter's profile and, no surprise, it was blank as my chemistry answer sheets back in school days [uhh...]. 
Moving on, the profile was created today itself.
No prizes for guessing what it means. Not even internet cookies. Because they are even more harmful than actual cookies and I care about you.
Okay, maybe I don't care but who cares that I care? Do you care? If yes, why? If no, good for you.
Anyway, this brought to my attention the plethora of reading apps out there. And I wondered if there was anybody in our esteemed community who has posted there. Or even used those apps as a reader.
And no, let's not mention that one wretched website that I see most authors here shit upon. See, I may or may not have constipation, so I may or may not get jealous. 
Why do I feel like I am drunk when I haven't touched booze in years?

Time to investigate yet another..."reading app." Yes there are a bunch of them. I tend to ignore them all. Because like all of them it's another romance ridden nickle and dime the reader reading app that really shouldn't exist but here we are.

And that's why as a reader I don't use these apps and why as a writer I never want to be on them. Why be part of something that is designed to get as much money as it can from readers. Why do they accept apps like these that forces you to buy coins expensive coin packages.  And I'm not saying that all reading apps that use a coin system are terrible. It just there are those that are fair and those that are not. This one, I'm going to assume given the complaints aren't.

And as a writer, I would love to know the contracts/term/whatever, these writers sign on and how predatory they are.

L.J.Anders Wrote: Time to investigate yet another..."reading app." Yes there are a bunch of them. I tend to ignore them all. Because like all of them it's another romance ridden nickle and dime the reader reading app that really shouldn't exist but here we are.

And that's why as a reader I don't use these apps and why as a writer I never want to be on them. Why be part of something that is designed to get as much money as it can from readers. Why do they accept apps like these that forces you to buy coins expensive coin packages.  And I'm not saying that all reading apps that use a coin system are terrible. It just there are those that are fair and those that are not. This one, I'm going to assume given the complaints aren't.

And as a writer, I would love to know the contracts/term/whatever, these writers sign on and how predatory they are.

I thought as much. When I checked it out, it was filled with crappy romance. Thanks for replying!