Re: Review Swap

Looking for people to review swap with for the rewrite of my cultivation novel https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/41344/enigmas-multiverse-rewrite 

It just hit 10k words, so if you read the first 6 chapters including the prologue you can review it. I will review your story within a day of your doing so as long as we agree on it beforehand. It's a western cultivation novel with progression elements and a relatable protagonist. 

Out of curiosity, what are you looking for from a review? I'm asking because while I am interested, I also feel that 40 pages is a bit short to offer you a proper review.

For instance would it be more helpful for me to read the first 40 pages of your old story too and tell you if it's improved by comparing them?

Arthicern Wrote: Out of curiosity, what are you looking for from a review? I'm asking because while I am interested, I also feel that 40 pages is a bit short to offer you a proper review.

For instance would it be more helpful for me to read the first 40 pages of your old story too and tell you if it's improved by comparing them?

If you're willing to, sure. I went with the assumption that most people wouldn't like that extra bit of work.

Daoist Wrote: If you're willing to, sure. I went with the assumption that most people wouldn't like that extra bit of work.
True, but like I said, I usually don't feel comfortable leaving a review or rating if there's less than a hundred pages of content.

Still give me a day or two and I'll send a review/compare and contrast.

And I've got two ongoing stories so feel free to pick whichever seems more interesting to you.

The shorter one is The Huntsman's Quest, which follows a magic wielding teen after a traumatic summer as he slowly -and reluctantly- becomes a hero.

The longer one is Hacking Reality and follows a teenage mad scientist as she tries to become a superhero, though she ends up spending more time in her lab or with her family than anything else.

Arthicern Wrote:
Daoist Wrote: If you're willing to, sure. I went with the assumption that most people wouldn't like that extra bit of work.
True, but like I said, I usually don't feel comfortable leaving a review or rating if there's less than a hundred pages of content.

Still give me a day or two and I'll send a review/compare and contrast.

And I've got two ongoing stories so feel free to pick whichever seems more interesting to you.

The shorter one is The Huntsman's Quest, which follows a magic wielding teen after a traumatic summer as he slowly -and reluctantly- becomes a hero.

The longer one is Hacking Reality and follows a teenage mad scientist as she tries to become a superhero, though she ends up spending more time in her lab or with her family than anything else.

Alright, I’ll start working on it today/tomorrow depending on how the day goes.