Re: How did you get here?

I think it was around 4-5 years ago when the Royal Road is still RRL. 
I come to read a certain story that I didn't remember the name of.
But the thing is, I remember reading Legendary Moonlight Sculptor and the story is set in a virtual game named Royal Road.
Wait, I'm still wondering the connection between Royal Road and the novel itself... Is it translation?

I remember being a part of some LitRPG group on Facebook. Used it a lot when I didn't know about amateur writing sites. One day however, there was this link to some story that had an interesting premise(I think it was called Overseer or something like that). On the post itself, the person was praising the grammar and the summary had me hooked. I did not have a lot to spend on, so I had decided to read the free prologue on it to see if I wanted to spend more than necessary(don't know if kindle still has that feature). 

However, I did not get linked to an amazon-link for the story. Instead, I saw this wanky-ass site with all the chapters inside. My first thought was that it was some scammy website that would give a thousand viruses the moment I blinked. Still read what there was of the story tho. Never looked back since then.

I was originally posting my story on webnovel. But then, as I was surfing on the web for other websites to post my story I ended up getting hooked by RR.
Nothing incredible, really.

BUT, I like where I am now. RR is so much better compared to Webnovel in a lot of ways. For example, they don't inflate views, like a certain shameless website. Yeah I'm looking at your Webnovel.

A recommendation.

I was on DeivantArt and someone on the forums was asking for advice on how to gain an audience for novel writing. DA at the time was becoming increasingly difficult to gain an audience all across the board not to mention the place valued short stories. Someone recommended for me to go to RoyalRod. It took me another year for me to actually start posting here as a last ditch effort.

I was trying, desperately, to find some way to get people to read my stories. I didn't know of any other good sites except Wattpad or AO3. So, I turned to Reddit, making a post on r/writing, looking for assistance in my plight. It was then that one lonesome hero spoke the words that brought me here: "You should check out Royal Road." And so, now I'm here, better than ever.

i was watching anime
then i discovered manga is also awesome (RIP onemange)
then i encountered the Korean manga the gamer, and was absurdly hooked. there were only 20 chapters of it back then, and it felt like i was on drug addiction withdrawal.
i needed more.
and in the comments section someone mentioned the legendary moonlight sculptor.
at first i was apprehensive because i don't have interest in reading, but my addiction pushed me to try it anyway.
first chapter and i was hooked. after that it took a while until

after that i was forced to abandon most litrpg, because there were none. back then it was almost impossible to find, and this site did not yet have fan fictions yet
but a year or two later, and the site changed and become full of LMS fan fictions, and other litrpg
that's when i started to read here fictions.

Friends and I have a monthly online book club we do (actually have a meeting coming up this weekend!) and one of us nominated Vainqueur the Dragon's first book so we read that, I think that was around the summer of last year. Fast forward to just a couple months ago and I decided I wanted to switch to serial writing for my story instead of trying to write the whole complete thing (since I kept going back and revising the beginning and never being happy with it). I've done some writing on Tumblr for a niche community where my work actually got a decent bit of attention but I knew just a fully original fantasy story wasn't going to catch anyone's eye over there, plus the blog format doesn't make for good navigation on long multi-part stories.

So that led me to look for other sites to post my fiction on, I could only find Wattpad which I... was not interested in. So I asked friends for recommendations, one of them said RR, and thanks to Vainqueur I recognized RR as "that place with all the anime and LitRPG fantasy" and figured my writing would fit in decently well (even if it's not LitRPG). So here I am!

Well, I'm an editor who decided to poke around the Internet looking at the web novel culture from an industry point of view. I asked around for recommendations on sites, and Royal Road was one. I decided it was the best of all the sites I'd found and so I was lurking in the forums for a bit. Then I finally started posting because, frankly, this site's attitude is very refreshing after the bitterness and squabbling of standard publishing outlets right now. Sometimes I feel like I'm on vacation when I log in, and I spend more time on the forum than I do reading this site's stories. 

I found RR by suggestion. Before finding this place, I write my stories on a site where litrpg or high fantasy wasn't popular. Because of that, I got almost no interaction from other people.

One day I heard about this site. The one suggesting said there were friendly people on the site and a great place for fantasy stories.

I am glad I found this site as I never got this amount of interaction for a long time (even though it's not too much), and I am happy about it.

Tried cashing in on litRPG back in 2017 or so, and joined then. That didn't work out so I left the site for a good while until I decided to use this place to host a recent story of mine. It's called—
Anyway, I've been using this site to catch up again on reading webnovels, because the single worst thing a writer can do is not read— and I haven't been reading.