Re: Sup! Zachary A(ndreas) Valerian here!

Sup! Zachary A(ndreas) Valerian here!

You can call me Zach, or Zach Valerian. 

Hobbies/Interests
Gaming (Hey, I only got like, 3000 hours on Skyrim alone :P ) , reading, writing, watching anime, vibin' on the internet, hunting (bow), lumber harvesting (I'm built like bloody Paul Bunyan for a reason, it's in my blood! It was also my job once upon a time, until a couple close calls made me reconsider), gardening.

Genres I read
Mostly all standard fantasy stories, stuff like Lord of the Rings, Conan, D&D-ish novels, and of course your typical Isekai story set in a RPG-like, Medieval-ish-ish-ish world.

Things I love
My family, my friends, my brown Golden-Doodle Mia, my town, my fire hazard of a PC and my shit-box of a car. These last two deserve some love for all the crap I put them through.

What I write
I'm working on an Isekai/Otherworld story set in a classic, Medieval-ish Fantasy RPG-like world called Nevariel. I've titled the project Chronicles of Nevariel : Records of the Black King's Wars. It's going to follow an old wargames and RPG nerd named Charles, who is Isekai'd into Nevariel and reborn in the body of a long sealed Dark Lord of Legend, Ahriman Anastasias, who has just been found and un-sealed by a very curious, and overly cute, half-elf Archeologist.

Now, Charles is effectively immortal, like he can get his head chopped off and it gets magicked back into place in short order, but the "dark-lord-ness" in his new body is long gone for the most part, so he's not particularly powerful otherwise, in fact, he can't use magic at all, and can't get healed with magic (his regen only kicks in for lethal damage), and people who find out he's supposed to be the reborn Dark Lord often don't believe it. Now, despite wanting nothing more than be left alone and explore this brave new world, he gets roped into the affairs of the kingdom he's in, and he ends up taking part in a rebellion against the reigning despot, helping topple him over, and for his trouble, gets placed upon the throne since apparently no one better was around. His problems continue on from there, like, most of the continent decides at one point or another that fighting the Black King of Arkaydia and his rag tag Legions is what is in vogue right now and want in on the action.

I guess this would be a Country/Kingdom/Empire building Fantasy story. War and Adventure also apply. I'm trying to get my stuff together an start posting this here and at other places soon. Do let me know if this sounds interesting, and if you got any questions or comment on it, I'll be happy to address them. 

That's about it I guess. Glad to be here!

Welcome. The only way to find out if people are interested is to upload (when it's ready) and link to your fiction. Everyone likes different things, chances are if you want to write it, someone wants to read it. When you get to that stage, there's signature links, comment swaps and stuff to get visibility.

I hope you enjoy RR and your fiction finds an audience when it's ready to share.

Welcome to Royal Road. Lots of other gamers here. Gaming seems to be a gateway to writing, since they both require imagination, dedication, and being able to sit for long periods of time. Your story sounds like the type which should find many readers here on Royal Road. Check out the GFAQ's under Support to learn more about the site. Being active on the Forums is the best way to meet others in the community, discover new things, and just enjoy some fun and often weird discussions. Commenting on any stories you read is also greatly appreciated. Once you do start posting your story be sure to include a link to it in your signature. Here's a good tutorial put together by Xian. https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/107061 Hope your story does well and that you have fun here. Good luck.

Razzmatazz Wrote: Welcome! It sounds like you've already put a lot of thought into your story. I'm sure people here will enjoy it if you start posting chapters!  DrakanMelt

Thanks for the welcome! 

Personally, I'd say I've put way too much "thought" in my story, and not enough actual writing. I've brought myself beyond that point, and went "f**k it! Let's write!". Discovering this site and a few others helped a lot with that. The story will not be extra high quality, being a first time writing project, but I will do my best on it and hopefully, it will be entertaining. 

parkertallan Wrote: Welcome to Royal Road. Lots of other gamers here. Gaming seems to be a gateway to writing, since they both require imagination, dedication, and being able to sit for long periods of time. Your story sounds like the type which should find many readers here on Royal Road. Check out the GFAQ's under Support to learn more about the site. Being active on the Forums is the best way to meet others in the community, discover new things, and just enjoy some fun and often weird discussions. Commenting on any stories you read is also greatly appreciated. Once you do start posting your story be sure to include a link to it in your signature. Here's a good tutorial put together by Xian. https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/107061 Hope your story does well and that you have fun here. Good luck.

Thank you for the welcome and for all the info. Gaming does indeed seem to be a gateway to writing, with the traits you listed probably being a big contributing factor. I certainly hope my stories will be read and liked by as many people as possible, time will tell. Got to put it up first. Working on the first chapter right now, in fact. Wrote something like 4k over two days, then nuked half of it because I didn't like it. :P Will get there, eventually. I want to start it off on the right foot!

Will be checking the signature stuff more thoroughly once I've put the story up. Thanks again!

Simian Wrote: Welcome Zac

Thanks you!

and

Kotton Wrote: Welcome to RR
peohello
I hope your fictions do well here!

Thank you! I hope they do well here also!

Welcome to Royal Road!

And well done! That is a pretty thorough introduction.

Unfortunately, I have nothing more to add than repeat/support the good advice and well wishes from the previous posters. Anyways, hope you are doing well and enjoy your time here!

PS:
Zachary Wrote:
Prince12r Wrote: The story will not be extra high quality, being a first time writing project, but I will do my best on it and hopefully, it will be entertaining.

Wait, wut?

Think there might have been a misunderstanding in thinking this was a welcome thread for everyone, rather than just you. Prince12r did just join recently and not all of us are forum-savvy (unfortunately speaking from personal experience...)

msng Wrote:
Zachary Wrote:
Prince12r Wrote: The story will not be extra high quality, being a first time writing project, but I will do my best on it and hopefully, it will be entertaining.

Wait, wut?

Think there might have been a misunderstanding in thinking this was a welcome thread for everyone, rather than just you. Prince12r did just join recently and not all of us are forum-savvy (unfortunately speaking from personal experience...)

I was thinking a posting mistake too, but my confusion came from his post being a specific line from my response to Razzmatazz. I think he might have meant to quote me , rather than to post an intro himself.

In any case, thanks for the welcome, msng!

Zachary Wrote: I was thinking a posting mistake too, but my confusion came from his post being a specific line from my response to Razzmatazz. I think he might have meant to quote me , rather than to post an intro himself.

In any case, thanks for the welcome, msng!

Maybe.

And you are welcome! [pun intended, because I have a terrible sense of humour]

Hope you have been enjoying your time here so far and continue to do so.

Terrenheim Wrote: Welcome to Royal Road. I would like to still think of myself as new. The community here is fantastic. On the forums, people seem happy to help and people seem willing to overlook a few mistakes for the sake of story.

Thanks for the welcome! The site and forum and the people of them do seem quite nice. And it is encouraging to ear that readers can get past a few mistakes and imperfections on a story. 
DerpyBunny2020 Wrote: Welcome! I love the fact that gamers can branch into creative writing and story-telling so easily. It is also my link to this hobby of writing fictions. Your story seems to have an interesting plot. I'd be interested to check it out. Om nom nom DnD -esque stories.

Thanks for the welcome! I also love stories made by gamers. Some genres obviously owe a lot to it, like Isekai and LitRPGs. As for my story's plot, well, glad you think it's interesting even if it ain't much. While I'm not aiming for a pure comedy, the general tone is definitely going to light. As long as the stories are entertaining, I figure it should be alright. And dito for me on the DnD-esque stories.