Re: Grammarly Premium. Is it worth it?

I don't trust Grammarly, free or paid, you know why? Because this is in their ToS -

Quote:"By uploading or entering any User Content, you give Grammarly (and those it works with) a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free and fully-paid, transferable and sublicensable, perpetual, and irrevocable license to copy, store and use your User Content (and, if you are an Authorized User, your Enterprise Subscriber’s User Content) in connection with the provision of the Software and the Services and to improve the algorithms underlying the Software and the Services."

Now according to them, you still retain ownership of the writing and they just use it improve their algorithms. But honestly, Grammarly is just not good enough for me to go near that rabbit-hole. If you have office, the checker there is very strong these days. Same with Google docs, which is free.

Obviously Microsoft and Google are also both super shady, but, well. The devil you know, etc

Razzmatazz Wrote: I don't trust Grammarly, free or paid, you know why? Because this is in their ToS -

Quote:"By uploading or entering any User Content, you give Grammarly (and those it works with) a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free and fully-paid, transferable and sublicensable, perpetual, and irrevocable license to copy, store and use your User Content (and, if you are an Authorized User, your Enterprise Subscriber’s User Content) in connection with the provision of the Software and the Services and to improve the algorithms underlying the Software and the Services."

Now according to them, you still retain ownership of the writing and they just use it improve their algorithms. But honestly, Grammarly is just not good enough for me to go near that rabbit-hole. If you have office, the checker there is very strong these days. Same with Google docs, which is free.

Obviously Microsoft and Google are also both super shady, but, well. The devil you know, etc

Oh wow. I didn't know this. Thank you.

Premium Grammarly should still have freemium suggestions meaning you can look at them but can't click on the suggestions themselves like you can with normal suggestions. So it's just a matter of playing the system and figuring things out yourself. It kinda helps and is always satisfying seeing whole paragraphs of yellow-lined text disappear after tinkering with prose enough. 

Personally, I'm against the idea of dabbling into too many subscription services. Though it flip-flops on wanting to "work" for me at times. 

I edit in Grammarly and in Google Docs because there is always stuff that one and the other miss. So what I mean by this is after editing in my Scrivener document, I post it in Grammarly and after finishing up edits there (finalizing the edits in Scrinever), I import the Grammarly-edited document into gdocs to fine-tune it. Then off to RR it goes.