Re: Dumbest name for a character you've ever come up with

Victoria Happ-Schwarzenberger, a dorky, naive, starry-eyed military ensign who dislikes her surname because it sounds silly and she curses her ancestors for sticking to such a household name.

But I think what takes the cake is Dong Zhui, who is definitely not space pirate/yakuza Dong Zhuo, and his adoptive son Dong Che.

Edit: I almost forgot Buttermilch (Buttermilk) and Mazzareli (Mozzarella) 

Not sure if this counts, but when I was a kid, I used to doodle and make up silly cartoon characters at the top of my head.

One of them is Pleak Spice, a naughty prankster with a big heart, who loves to have fun, teasing his teachers, running away from school bullies, has a crush on the popular girl and has a knack for disguises & impressions. Just some weird but innocent imaginary world I used to made up.

But, seriously... PLEAK SPICE! I don't even know how I come up with that. I don't even know if it's a name or even a word. What kind of parent would name their son PLEAK?

I think it's a tie between Mittens Angershank the barbarian and Sir Marmalade the Dragonslayer. 

Mittens was a stereotypical barbarian in a dnd campaign and ran around in a conan-esque loincloth and an axe bigger than he was. He also wore pink kitchen mittens with a heart pattern and a pair of really, truly, incredibly tacky flame-shaped purple shades from the 60's for.. reasons. 

Sir Marmalade has been reincarnated into infinity at this point, but I think my favorite iteration was the werewolf elf on a religious quest to vanquish a foe of every sapient race and eat their hearts, as an offering to the lycan god and to cure her lycantrophy. Her name started to feel a little ironic the further I descended into that story, to say the least. ("What's that red stuff on your shirt?" "Oh it's just jam don't worry about it")

I have no idea what either of their parents were thinking tbh. 

Back when I was a teenager I was trying to think up  some fantasy style names and got to a character who's abbreviated name would be Pen. So in thinking up any following syllables I got to Penis and genuinely didn't realise what I'd done for a few moments because of the way I was pronouncing it in my head. 😆

The character's name was changed at that point, but I don't think I've ever managed to outdo that for stupid (unintentional) naming.

Double Wrote: Not sure if this counts, but when I was a kid, I used to doodle and make up silly cartoon characters at the top of my head.

One of them is Pleak Spice, a naughty prankster with a big heart, who loves to have fun, teasing his teachers, running away from school bullies, has a crush on the popular girl and has a knack for disguises & impressions. Just some weird but innocent imaginary world I used to made up.

But, seriously... PLEAK SPICE! I don't even know how I come up with that. I don't even know if it's a name or even a word. What kind of parent would name their son PLEAK?

Probably the same one who would name their kids Dweezle and Moon Unit.

Gin Wrote: I was once asked to name a fictional bunny and without hesitation or pause I blurted the name Stefan von Bun Bun III. I have no idea what I was on, but I have yet to top it.

A guy I did some construction work with had a big white floppy ear. After a week whenever the bunny saw me he would charge at me and flop at my feet like a dog waiting for a tummy rub. I nicknamed him Bunzai.

Hard to say. All my characters have such pedestrian, if respectable names, you would have to choose one. In the rather tiring anthology “My Shorts (stories), the last three form a series , one of which is titled “New Hires”. Here below is the the cast:

Prester Fremble
Snottle
Greentooth
MoldenJaw
Rottle Wormsbottom

Exemplar:
Snottle turned to lumber up the long stairwell to the bell tower. Some rake had once suggested buying a rope, to ring the bells from below, a suggestion that precipitated the rakes processing into Fremble's basement laboratory. What an insane idea, thought Snottle. Takes all the fun out of life. Use a rope, indeed.
Bells were to be pushed. By hand, while chortling maniacally, and leaping about, occasionally howling, when the bell's bonging got loud enough to cover the sound. Ah, the painful vibrations within the skull, the very bones ringing in sympathy with overwhelming sonic torture before the sheer wall of sound, hammering away at the roots of one's teeth. St. Albraut had such nice, large bells too.

The laziest name I ever came up with was Satsuki Gogatsu.

It's a Japanese pun. Satsuki is old Japanese for the month May. Gogatsu is also old Japanese for the month May.

It's a valid name, but the surname is extremely rare in Japan, had only by around thirty people. I thought it was funny, but it actually ended up being an interesting character thing.