Re: I Like Anime, So I Made An Anime-Inspired Series, Only Without The Animation!

Hello! My name's Double F.

I just joined Royal Road a day ago, and now I'm here to promote my web novel series, DEMON BLADE.

Inspired by shounen titles that I used to grow up with (specifically Bleach), I created this series in the holy year of 2020, and I'm still writing this series till today (only when I have time).

This series tells the story of Ryuken, an average 15-year old high schooler, living his life in an ordinary way, until he comes across a mysterious katana and is pulled into the world of unbelievable supernatural.

If you like anime, I hope you would give my series a try. Currently, I have 19 chapters in the bank, but I'll be uploading them every 3 days or so. 

If you like them, I may consider uploading all of them more often. Hell, I would love to upload all of them all at once, but I don't wanna risk messing up with the algorithm... or whatever.

I think that's all I have to say, so for now, please enjoy this scene below where my main character tries his best to promote the series that he's in.

Thank you for reading this far. I wish you a lovely day.

Spotlight, check. Mic, check. Main character, ...
RYUKEN(walks to the mic) Um... is this on-
The mic lets out a loud, static noise.
RYUKEN: Oh! Um... sorry, I mean- (clears throat) H-hello... my name's Ryuken. I'm... supposedly the main character. And uh... I'm here to promote... (looks at a small piece of paper in his hand) the... webnovel... Demon... Blade. And, uh... you can check it out, with the link below. ... thank yo-
GENJI: Ryuken, what are you doing?
RYUKEN: I'm... promoting a-
GENJI: You're not promoting anything with that kind of "showmanship".
RYUKEN: I'm... not being showy-
GENJI: You gotta turn it up a notch, or nobody's gonna read our novel.
RYUKEN: So what if they don't?
GENJI: They'll be missing an important part in their lives!
RYUKEN: We- we're not selling miracles or some-
GENJI: Give me that. (grabs the mic, clears throat)
RYUKEN: ...
GENJI: ... YOU LOVE ANIME?! F*** YEAH YOU DO!
RYUKEN: Gen- Genji... we don't curs-
GENJI: YOU LOVE POWERS, DEMONS AND MOTHEREFFING DIALOGUE?! WE GOT EM COVERED!
RYUKEN: Genji, you're being too mu-
GENJI: YOU LOVE ACTION?! WE GOT SO MANY ACTION, BRO!
RYUKEN: Th-that's not true... we have action like... every 5-6 chapters currently-
GENJI: YOU LOVE CHARACTERS?! WE GOT THEM! THEY'LL MAKE YOU LAUGH, THEY'LL MAKE YOU CRY, THEY'LL MAKE YOU FEEL SO MAD THAT YOU'LL S*** YOUR PANTS JUST BY THINKING ABOUT THEM!
RYUKEN: I- I can't confirm tha-
GENJI: THIS. IS. HOW. YOU. PROMOOOOOOOOTE!!!
GENJI(panting his breath out)
RYUKEN: ... so, uh... if you like what we're offering, um... please, give our novel a read.
GENJI(keeps panting)
RYUKEN: ... thank you.
GENJI: ... mic droooop... (drops the mic)
GENJI: ...
RYUKEN: ... you just wasted $20 there.
GENJI: ... worth it.

Re: I Like Anime, So I Made An Anime-Inspired Series, Only Without The Animation!

Well, I hope that was a script. Scripts post the player's lines by the character name so that the actors can find their lines easily and get a feel for who is staging with them. Doesn't work all that well for readers. Just saying. As far as anime inspiration, you've come to the right shop. Probably more than half (conservatively) of all the work here is anime, game, Manga inspired/influenced. (maybe even 80 percent)  Dig right in and read some of it. Welcome to Royal Road!