Re: Flash fiction anthology series?

So I just learned about the existence of flash fiction. Basically, it is a self-contained written story that is only a chapter or less in length, usually sitting around 500~1500 words. In these words we meet our characters, are given a conflict, and then a resolution to the conflict.

So like all new things that catch my eye I want to drown myself in it for a week, consuming and learning everything I can before I burn out and never wat to see it again.
Can anyone recommend a series either here or elsewhere that has a collection of Flash Fiction, preferably ones with a common theme (an anthology)?

So I'm gonna start by recommending this Article which links to a bunch of free flash fiction, it's not like a collection with similar themes/genres just a bunch of solid individual stories by a variety of authors (who each probably have more on their websites) 

next is a List of magazines/publishers of flash fiction if you wanna check if your library has any, or if you wanna get a subscription or whatever

Asviloka has a flash fiction collection here on RR called Not Quite What I Meant (Short Story Collection)

and finally, a bunch of scattered flash fiction I've read either from RR or scribblehub

Morning Coffee
Masquerade
End of Days Microfiction Collection (They are all shorter than 500 words, so uh, not quite what you're looking for)
Unraveled: A Short Story
Winter
Collection if Gender Swapping Shorts
Drabbles and One Shots
Short & Fluffy

Hope this helped, enjoy your new interest! :D

Sereminar Wrote: So I'm gonna start by recommending this Article which links to a bunch of free flash fiction, it's not like a collection with similar themes/genres just a bunch of solid individual stories by a variety of authors (who each probably have more on their websites) 

next is a List of magazines/publishers of flash fiction if you wanna check if your library has any, or if you wanna get a subscription or whatever

Asviloka has a flash fiction collection here on RR called Not Quite What I Meant (Short Story Collection)

and finally, a bunch of scattered flash fiction I've read either from RR or scribblehub

Morning Coffee
Masquerade
End of Days Microfiction Collection (They are all shorter than 500 words, so uh, not quite what you're looking for)
Unraveled: A Short Story
Winter
Collection if Gender Swapping Shorts
Drabbles and One Shots
Short & Fluffy

Hope this helped, enjoy your new interest! :D

You're a god among mortals Sereminar. Thank you for your help once again

One of my titles here, called "My Shorts" features largely very short fiction stories, Id say about half or more qualify as flash fiction or short - shorts. (the cut off for flash fic is usually 1K, Short-shorts between 1K and 3K) Regular short stories  about 3.5 k to 10K, Novelettes about 10K to 25K, Novellas usually from 25K to 50K , Novels from 50 K to whatever, usually top off at 125K, Some consider longer work to be Epics, whatever, some make no distinction, anything over 50,000 words can be just called a novel. The exact counts vary according to the source, but that's the average. Some flash only sites call it a day at 500 words, for example.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/31925/my-short-stories

The anthology is a mix of SF and Fantasy titles, marked Hiatus, because I sporadically add new shorts to the thing and don't close it. (Well, as yet.)  Anyway, lots of samples in it.  A true short story can be up to about 32 book pages long or more (Average 8k - a book page is about 260 /275 words, printed) None in this collection approach that (8k). Avr about 1 - 1.5K down to 800 words or so.  Longest in it are true short stories. Two, maybe three that run to 6.2 K. Some are serial stories, some are not.

If you PM me, I can Identify the serial shorts for you, If you like. They are usually placed so that they follow on another in the volume though.