Re: Isekai Story Swaps, with a twist!

Was told that I should post this here instead, so here it is.  Original link to the original thread: Isekai Story Swaps, with a twist! | Royal Road

So, I had a really fun idea lately.  I am more a writer then a reader, but lately I have been interested in stories that feature multiple isekaied people, and preferably disputes, factions, and conflicts between those people, as well as others working together or maybe people who normally disagree working together on rare occasions were the situation demands it.   

Then I thought maybe a review swap would be cool, but then I thought of something much better!  An ACA, or "Ask Characters Anything!".  Different from an AMA, instead of asking the author, you ask their characters for information they know and their opinions and perspectives.  Then, the author of the story would take all those questions, and publish a sort of bonus or extra chapter having all the characters answer the questions asked so far!  

That just seems like it would be a super fun thing to do!  You could ask anything!  Silly questions, serious questions, thoughtful questions, lovey dovey questions, world lore questions, ect, and get answers for them!  Not only does it seem fun, but also:

A: It can allow the author themselves to delve into plot, world lore, and background info that was not previously thought of.

B: It can allow the readers to select what information they really wanted to know, so the readers can get the knowledge they wanted to know about (that said, spoilers will likely be omitted obviously).

C: Juicy gossip!

D: You could really get a more personal side of characters that both the author and the readers had not thought about yet!

Anyways, just a thoughts.  As for the requirements...

1: Anyone who posts their own story here has to ask at least five questions for the other people's stories that were posted.  That is just the minimum, there is no maximum, but overloading people all at once might be...unwise.    

2: You gotta at least read the first ten to fifteen chapters, if not the whole story, so that way you get a good feel and get introduced to plenty of characters.

3: Dead Characters can be the subject of questions.  We have the zombie ressurection technology!

4: You dont have to post a story if you just want to ask the characters of other stories questions!

5: Please post them in the comments section of a chapter of their story, at least 10-15 chapters in, and all the characters you want to ask questions about must have been introduced by that point in the story that you post the comment on containing the questions you want answered.

6: On the chance we get an overflowing amount of these, you dont have to do all the questions at once if you dont want to, and you dont have to post an individual chapter for each ACA whenever a new batch come in.  You can answer multiple people's questions in one of these extra ACA chapters.   

7: You have to at least ask questions to three different characters.  That said, a single question can be directed to multiple different characters.  

So, what do you all think?  Seems interesting?  As for the story I am submitting, its my recent pet project and a source I have major inspiration for, The Shard Legacy | Royal Road

Ramingo Wrote: Cute idea, but it seems something that you should be doing with your readers rather than other authors.

Well, it was also meant to be a story swap, since I am interested in stories that involve multiple Otherworlder/Reincarnator factions and some conflict between them as well as other groups, but I was told by someone it would better be placed here then in Recomendations, so I put it here.  I have also asked my readers as well, but nothing yet.   

I generally enjoy the idea of an ACA, I've done a few in the past (not RoyalRoad tho). It tends to help me get a clearer picture of how different characters would answer different questions.

Also I gotta chuckle a little, the story I'm starting to post over here has a whole schoolbus of people getting isekai'd (I could go into more detail since it's technically a finished story getting rewritten and improved, but... Spoilers) 

peoblush

Ravnicrasol Wrote: I generally enjoy the idea of an ACA, I've done a few in the past (not RoyalRoad tho). It tends to help me get a clearer picture of how different characters would answer different questions.

Also I gotta chuckle a little, the story I'm starting to post over here has a whole schoolbus of people getting isekai'd (I could go into more detail since it's technically a finished story getting rewritten and improved, but... Spoilers) 

peoblush

Oh dear...lol

So the schoolbus of Reincarnators idea is more popular and used then I realized huh?   

I also went with such an occurrence.  XD

Ravnicrasol Wrote:
Whimful Wrote: So the schoolbus of Reincarnators idea is more popular and used then I realized huh?   

I also went with such an occurrence.  XD

Ah, nah, less reincarnation and more "have a bus!" just a hole that swallowed it all up.

Most of the things you'd expect to happen do, basically groups form, certain people split up, stuff like that.

Sounds interesting!  And juicy!

Also, this is just proof riding on a bus is dangerous!  Let me guess, it accidentally got ran into by Truck-kun and thats why the whole bus got isekaied right?  lol

Well, jokes aside, it does sound like it could be interesting to read.  So you should totally join it in with the ACA plan!   Would be fun!