Re: I have been blinded.

So I come onto royal road to check on some stuff and all of a sudden there is a burning sensation in my eyes. 

As if they are under attack, my mind is scrambled as I wonder who could have done such a thing. 

For some reason my settings changed to light mode. 

Good grief. 

Why does that exist? 

Does anyone actually use light mode? 

It should not exist. 

Tejoka Wrote: Because it's the default?  DrakanThinking
Some people (like me) are just too lazy to switch, and you get used to it in any mode.
Maybe on mobile I'd use dark mode, but since I'm usually on the PC light mode is perfectly fine.
I actually don't remember ever seeing the light mode except that one time I switched to see the difference. I thought dark mode was the default. 

Remus2 Wrote: Do you have peanut butter cookies?

Um, no peanut butter ones, I finished those yesterday... sorry.  I have chocolate chip, vanilla wafer cookies, lemon, chocolate, vanilla sandwich cookies, caramel stroopwaffel, chocolate covered graham crackers and.... I think that's it.

I think light modes tend to still be a thing because there is some situations where a white background screen is easier to see. I have no idea what, but I've heard that elsewhere. Also, some people like it. I don't know how, but they do. I know of someone who got a discord mod to make it have a light mode. He terrifies me.

gej302 Wrote:
Remus2 Wrote: Do you have peanut butter cookies?

Um, no peanut butter ones, I finished those yesterday... sorry.  I have chocolate chip, vanilla wafer cookies, lemon, chocolate, vanilla sandwich cookies, caramel stroopwaffel, chocolate covered graham crackers and.... I think that's it.
We also have buttercream swiss rolls, don't forget about the buttercream swiss rolls. 

I am one of those rare people who uses light mode - though I do the same in FFXIV where it's also considered an act of madness. Sometimes dark modes are rougher on my eyes if the darkest colors are too dark, other times (I think it was the case with RR) the darker colors just make the layout seem more... claustrophobic?

Meanwhile I find dark mode on Discord to be the only correct option so I dunno.

I've never really bother to switch things to dark mode, the only time I ever did was for one particular coding software and that was because the dark mode had better colour differentiations between different text types (functions/strings/etc). Light mode doesn't bother me. 🤷‍♀️

Dark mode is so popular it makes me wonder if it will become the internet's default someday

I use the dark reader plugin so literally every site is auto dark mode for me and oh my god is it impossible to go back now. It works with google docs too so I can write in dark mode as well. I have become the darkness DrakanMelt

ArDeeBurger Wrote: Paper is white.
Ink is black.
I have never read a book where the paper was black and the ink was white.
Nuff said. 😁
If you've ever tried to read a book in sunlight then everything you've said is immediately mute.

Remember people, tradition doesn't mean it's good. Just that people are too lazy to change their ways.