Re: Hi, I exist!

Hello everyone! I figure I'll try my hand at posting my writings publicly and here specifically so I can hold myself accountable and ACTUALLY finish something. It's a bit anxiety-inducing knowing others can see what I write and provide criticism. So hopefully it'll make me a better writer in the end. Seriously, if you see my works, drop some constructive criticism!

I'll probably make a few more forum posts while I lurk around first so I can better understand how things work here, so if you see me around feel free to say "hi".

Since this is also a chance for people to get to know me I might as well tell you a bit about me. Also for the distant future people reading this, please tell me if you think I've grown! I like to play horror games and read manga/LNs, to the degree I have a copious collection of both! I like to think they make me a better writer by giving me inspiration or ideas for situations, so if you notice anything, call it out!

Cyfue Wrote: Hello everyone!

Hey there! Yeah, I can confirm that having your work out on the open really puts pressure on you to keep going. It's easy to drop things when nobody is watching you do it, haha. But it's a good thing really, sometimes you need some weight to make diamonds, you know? Make a post when you release your writing, I'll be sure to take a look! 

peolove

Welcome to Royal Road. Congrats on putting your work out there. It's amazing how much sharing what you've written motivates and inspires you. To find out more about the site check out the FAQ's under Support. Also the link Cinn mentioned is https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/107061 The Forums are also a great place to learn, meet people, and enjoy some interesting discussions. I hope you enjoy Royal Road and that your work draws many readers. Good luck.

Welcome to RR!
peohello
The community here is really friendly (as you can probably see already), and I can imagine that posting your work for the public would anxiety-inducing. Like you said though, it'll really get you to keep going, especially after you've gotten more readers. 

I hope your fiction does well here!

Sakinah Wrote: Welcome to Royal Road!

Accountability can be a good way to stay motivated as a writer 👍.

I read webtoons more, but I also read manga too. I haven't quite found a good site to read light novels yet but hope to in the future.

Wishing you all the best!

Haha, it's hard finding accessible ways to read light novels, isn't it?

NovelNinja Wrote: Welcome. If you're looking to increase your accountability, set an easy-ish schedule and build up a buffer. As your buffer grows, see if your weekly output has grown enough to increase your schedule, such as from one chapter a week to two. Consistency is the key.

Thank you for that, I was spitballing some ideas for how to handle a format like this. We'll see how much I can put out there while maintaining quality!

Kotton Wrote: Welcome to RR!
peohello
The community here is really friendly (as you can probably see already), and I can imagine that posting your work for the public would anxiety-inducing. Like you said though, it'll really get you to keep going, especially after you've gotten more readers. 

I hope your fiction does well here!

Thank you! Godspeed to you (and everyone else) as well! It is really pleasant getting friendly responses in a place I'm unfamiliar with, I'm already feeling at home!