Re: LGBTQIA Stories

Sereminar Wrote: I'm a few days away from completing the final touches, so a couple questions real quick:
Do you want me to list the authors name? if so where, after the title or in the tags
Do you want the page counts for each story?
Any other requests!

Speak soon or hold your peace for like half a year xD
(obviously though you can make requests and stuff after this update, it will just be a while before i get around to implementing them because this is a ton of work lol)

Author name and page count if you can. It seems like a lot of work for nothing though. So to revise my statement, don't.

Hi, everybody!

I was waiting to post here until I had some more chapters up, and now that I do, I wanted to go ahead and submit my story Skyrates?!, which deals with gender role non-conformity and stereotypes vs. reality in what I think is a unique way, all in a comedic high-fantasy setting. I'd rather not explain exactly how the plot handles everything yet, i.e. spoilers, but there are prominent characters who by choice deny their gender identity in various ways, and it is a strong facet of the story. Here we go:

Link: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/48900/skyrates

Genres: Fantasy, Comedy, Gender Non-conformity, Gender Bender, Fantasy, Adventure, Satire

Description: Skyrates are like normal pirates, except they're in the sky, and are thought of as a myth. Only Sir Broderick knows that skyrates are real. Why, they've taken his donkey, his noble steed! He'll do anything to get that burro back, even if he's got to don some high heels.

Sereminar Wrote: I'm a few days away from completing the final touches, so a couple questions real quick:
Do you want me to list the authors name? if so where, after the title or in the tags
Any other requests!

(obviously though you can make requests and stuff after this update, it will just be a while before i get around to implementing them because this is a ton of work lol)
Thanks for doing all of this!

Any other requests!

Yes Please, But not the page count, my story is still running and scheduled till april end. 

Re: LGBTQIA+ Stories on Royal Road

Hi everyone!

I've been thinking about how i might make a bigger and better version of this list that encompasses more than just Royal Road but i don't really know what websites are out there that i could use for that kind of project. 

The goal would be a more interactive kind of list where you could search by tag without using ctrl+f, one without the restrictive character limits and that isn't isolated to any one webfiction site. 

So if any of you have ideas on what (easy to use) websites out there might have the ability too make that easier to create, and hopefully won't bite the dust in the next couple years let me know.

Or if you have any ideas on how to make building a list like that as painless as possible i would love to hear them.

Or or if you know a better place/website to ask this question that would also be helpful!

Ps. This definitely doesn't mean I'll be dropping this list as it currently exists. Please don't worry about that :)

Just an fyi, because i'm not certain on how well known it is, scribblehub.com seems to have a greater quantity of stories with lgbt themes with tags to match. As a warning, though, fiction over there has an overall lower quality on average, so you might have to do a little bit of digging to find stuff you are interested in. I don't know if she's posted anything to royal road, but quietvalerie would be a good place to get started over on scribblehub as far as lgbt themes go. All of her stories are very well written.

My new story, City of Mages, is a South American-inspired epic fantasy features a main character in a lesbian relationship. It's not a huge focus, but it's clearly present and prevalent throughout the story. There will likely be other same sex relationships and nonbinary representation as we continue the story.

Link: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/49475/city-of-mages

Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Description:

Born a fire mage, destined for something greater.
For hundreds of years, Sombria has lived in peace thanks to the delicate balance the Council fosters between those with magic and those without. But unrest is brewing under the surface of Sombria, and the Council's tenuous hold may be on the verge of collapsing.

All Alara ever wanted was to become a soldier, fighting to protect Sombria from the bruya rebels that threaten its borders with their chaotic magic and lawlessness. In order to succeed, she must first conquer her worst fear--her own innate magical abilities.

Quenti, raised to hate the oppressive thumb of the Council, has only ever wanted a life of peace away from those who wish to control her. When her abilities are revealed, she finds herself at the center of a world she grew up despising, where magic is suppressed under the illusion of control. And her only means of escape may lie in trusting those she grew up doubting most.

When Alara is given one final chance to prove she's worthy of being called a Mage of Sombria, the key to her success may lie within the untrusting Quenti. And Quenti doesn't plan on making things easy. Though as their two lives come crashing together, trusting each other may be the only choice they have to survive what's coming.

Fancyotter98 Wrote: damn it was real hard to get to the bottom of this page!

My book/series has LGBTQ characters. The main protagonist of the series, and several heavily featured characters are all LGBTQ. Im Bi myself and wanted to get more repesentation out there, despite the backlash from friends that think it just there to be "woke".

heres a link: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36076/the-dragon-realms-saga

Pretty weird of your friends to play the "woke" card when you yourself are bi. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. 

Here is mine:

The Eye of Demun https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/50577/the-eye-of-demun

Ongoing, MLM, Pansexual, Intersexual, Bisexual, Adventure, Romance, Low Fantasy, Male Lead, Mythos, Slice of Life, Soft Sci-fi

As a full-time college professor and a single father of three unruly girls, Thomas Ullian has little time to indulge the fantasies and mythology of Simius’ past. Until a youthful, pestering, and determined colleague enters the scene. Orokio Musoxee is convinced that, though Thomas does not exhibit personalities, he was born with them.

Orokio presents an idea to Thomas that some people have had their personalities stolen and transferred to another. He also tells him the legend of The Eye of Demun and how it is the key to ending personality theft. Thomas aggressively rejects Orokio’s claims until his oldest daughter is brutally assaulted by a man and his personalities. Mirroring a crime that happened years ago.

Leaving his girls in the care of a friend, Thomas joins Orokio on a voyage deep into the Junglei jungles hoping to put an end to personality theft and discover the truth governing personalities. Who knows what other truths he might find? Truths within himself. Truths that only Orokio could have awakened.

Please read Note to Reader.

My current story features two lesbian protagonists.

Link: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/50529/phoenix-academy-extracerebral-educations-and-emotional
WLW, Contemporary, Drama, Female Lead, School Life, Slice of Life

Synopsis:
A terrorist organization is kidnapping psychics across Arizona, and 15 year-old Natasha “Taz” Cooper is offered a safe haven at the largest school for psionic education in the world: Phoenix-Paiute Academy.

Eager to refine her powers, Taz’s teachers – and other, more malignant forces – come to realize that she has a natural aptitude they are keen to take advantage of.

Meanwhile, her mother, Anna Cooper, searches for the truth about the terrorists threatening her daughter’s life and, in the process, is forced to confront the demons of her past.

Hello! My protagonist is gay. Her orientation doesn't have much effect on the plot, but what the hell. Figured I'd add it to the list. 

The story is called The Privateer.  https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/46169/the-privateer

After losing her ship to pirates, Yvian Kiver finds herself apprenticed to an infamous human mercenary. Along with her sister, Yvian must learn the ways of the privateer, and help Captain Mims on his eternal quest to kill things for money. But the verse is bigger than Yvian knows, and she finds herself drawn into a conflict far larger than she ever imagined. 

Tags: Ongoing, WLW, Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Space Opera, Female Lead, Non-Human Lead

Thanks! Happy reading!