Re: LGBTQIA+ Stories on Royal Road

Sereminar Wrote:
Edge Wrote: By the way, if you are going to update the whole list thing.
Vita et Mors, and Solem et Lunam. Both are complete, so I guess, cheers!
Thanks for the update! I'm probably gonna update the list in a month or so. 

Unfortunately the: Ongoing, Dropped, Completed tags are more of a suggestion because this list will never be a real substitute for actual tags
Ah, well, step by step ya know. I looked at the list, and that is quite a collection. 😂

Gehoji Wrote: I'm not sure how you are making it, but if you can somehow have it pull the last day the fiction in question was updated, that would work way better then ongoing and dropped and stuff, but I'm no programmer, so I have no idea if it's even possible.

I believe Sereminar did the list manually. So it is all volunteer work to help reader find the things they wanna read.
As for my website list below on the signature... it is reference of Sereminar's list for easier sort and viewing.
I personally will update (mostly to remove those page not found works) on my end.
A collection of links to LGBTQ+ stories on RR: https://royalroadlgbtqia.github.io/list/

Gehoji Wrote: I'm not sure how you are making it, but if you can somehow have it pull the last day the fiction in question was updated, that would work way better then ongoing and dropped and stuff, but I'm no programmer, so I have no idea if it's even possible.
Ah, yeah, I don't know a single thing about programming and the majority of the list isn't even on my posts specifically but they're on FamtasyBliss's so even if i could make a program to update automatically id have to have it running on a google excell sheet and link to that instead. Like Shomin said i do all this manually and its very time consuming lol. But i appreciate the ideas :p

I've only just published the first two chapters here, but I'm planning on weekly updates from now on! It's a YA fantasy with a queer main character and several queer supporting characters. Doesn't focus on romance yet, but there's going to be a second book in the series where the main character gets a love interest. 

Crows of a Feather: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/53717/crows-of-a-feather
MLM, WLW, Found Family, Urban Fantasy, Adventure
Oscar is a young witch whose mentor goes missing before he can learn to control his magic. It's up to Oscar and his friends to find him before it's too late. 

I throw mine in here too. Not many Chaptes uplaoded yet, but plan on weekly bases and maybe faster. curetnly editing the chapters I have in stock.

Title: Escaping the Abyss: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/53420/escaping-the-abyss
Genre: Crime/Mystery/Thriller, MLM/BL
Ongoing

Synopsis: its hard as my synopsis is not rly that long but it seems long with my format as I think its different than most synopsis. Lemme know if thats not ok for you :o

Chains, bottles of liquids were scattered across the dark room. If your hearing is sharp enough, you could hear screams echoing throughout the building.

“Will I always be alone and remain caged in this hell?”

–––

Dark clouds gather around the city, a mastermind in the shadows giving rise to turmoil and doubts. Blood and pain filling the streets. Mysteries arise that needs to be solved.

Cal, a young investigator joins the Conciliators, an Organization that fights against crimes with...unusual methods. While rising to the occasion of his new occupation, he gets assigned to team up with a man that has a quite unpleasant attitude.

“I won’t take responsibility for that, not again!”

Tormented by the past, Sigal pursues a path of solitude until he is forced to team up with Cal to solve crimes. Regardless of their clashing personas, the two have to over come their conflicts to unravel the mysteries that lie ahead and uncover the truth.

“I won’t give up!”

Blood splatters on the ground, while laughter in the distance can be heard. As Cal wakes up, he finds himself in a warm embrace.

Officially post my own story here on the list!

Tales of Teleios by Shomin https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/51152/tales-of-teleios
WLW, Trans, ONGOING, Action Adventure Fantasy Low Fantasy
Born as a noble free-man, the only daughter of a lord, Arete of Syracuse was an ambitious young woman who would do anything to succeed her father's position. One day, her father was exposed of his secret movement attempted to overthrow the emperor...

I'd like to add my own story to the list! It features most recently a non-binary character with much more LGBTQIA+ representation coming as the story continues.

Grand Ball by Purple Caster: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/53177/grand-ball
Action, Fantasy, Horror, Mystery, Slice of Life, Magic, ONGOING, Trans, Non-Binary, WLW (in the future)
Living in a filthy city run by sludge powered magic, violence and murder is just another part of Emma's daily life. After meeting a mysterious young man who has lost his memories her life takes a turn for the chaotic.

Finally deciding to add my story here! I have plans for non-binary and trans characters, but none of them have appeared yet, and really the only super noticeable thing right now is MLM, so I hope that’s okay.

The Butterfly Effect by PuppyLuvr06: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/49751/the-butterfly-effect
Fantasy, Adventure, Mystery, ONGOING, MLM, Ace, Bi
The world is full of secrets just waiting to be discovered. This is a series of magic, mystery, and adventure, but most importantly, a tale of how one small thing can change the world.

Sorry if this is already on here, but a quick ctrl+f didn't show it, so if you want some good aro/ace representation, then I think Mother of Learning is really good for that (lol I know I'm recommending the most popular story on the site)! The main character mentions having had a few crushes, but he generally seems to stay pretty ace, which is cool since I don't see that around a lot in other big stories like it.

WoorldPresident Wrote: Sorry if this is already on here, but a quick ctrl+f didn't show it, so if you want some good aro/ace representation, then I think Mother of Learning is really good for that (lol I know I'm recommending the most popular story on the site)! The main character mentions having had a few crushes, but he generally seems to stay pretty ace, which is cool since I don't see that around a lot in other big stories like it.
Hmmmm, maybe? I read it a couple years ago and don't remember well enough. If someone else agrees I'll put it in the list

Personally I don't really see the point of adding MOL, as noted its the most popular on the site so its gonna overshadow everything else in a big way if its included.
Content wise, I finally read it a couple of months ago and it didn't strike me as aro or ace rep personally, whilst I get headcannonin the main character as aro/ace personally I felt like it was more of an exclusion due to the nature of the plot than anything else?
Maybe other peoples experiance will vary? (I'm AroAllo)

It depends on whether the author wanted to be included as part of the LGBTQIA+ or not. 
Some ace/aro prefer to be excluded. 
As their marketing strategy, they might not want to be associated with the LGBTQI+.
For example, if they want to get into conservative readers group, it is to their best interest, not be be associate with LGBTQI+.
And if that's so, best is to respect their decision.