This thread is locked

Re: March Thread - Promote your Story

For Authors: Post your story promotion as a reply to this thread.
You can get creative, or you can just post the description, image(if available), and your word count. But most importantly your Royal Road fiction link.

Note: This is somewhat of a first-come, first-served basis, as the earlier you reply, the more likely your description will be read first. Which is why this thread for self-promotions is monthly based(to not overflow it). At the start of next month, we will have a new thread, and you can promote your story there again.

For Readers: Did you want more lists to find stories from? well... here is another one, give the stories a shot!

You can also use this subforum for fiction promotion https://www.royalroad.com/forums/5689 

I call dibs on first place That was lucky...

Now for who I am, I chose to write a realistic dungeon novel. Not that others aren't realistic in their modelling of the world or their dungeons, but rather that my dungeons actually have a reason for existing beyond 'because they do'. Things have reasons, and I rather dislike the option of laying down and accepting things. Another pet peeve is why dungeons can summon these strangely loyal creatures who fight to the death? Mind control?

I at least attemt to answer those, and create a coherent world with magic. The biggest flaw though has to be the slow burn of this story, but maybe that's something you enjoy. And even if you don't my readers tell me I've massively improved. Check out The business of Dungeons if you like dungeon master stories.

I also have a side story as you can see in my signature, that is not a story. It's quite literally a compendium of alchemy recipes which I admit is barely a book. Still I think some people will enjoy such a thing.

Hey Enhanced Readers!

The Enhanced Beings Collective is an original superhero web-series inspired by comics such as The New Teen Titans from the 80s of course (when else?!), The Umbrella Academy, Saga, The X-Men and The Walking Dead etc. If your pickle is tickled by things from the Marvel and DC repertoire then this definitely could be your thing, maybe. 

You'll find different CoF (Characters of Focus) and plots interweaving with each other over the first 'season'. 
Each character has now already had their first issue out and there's still more to come. We've now met the whole main gang- Agwé, The Astral Sheriff, The Power of Three, Sediment Terri, Network, Proten and Flip! 

Next Friday is the mid season finale before a weeks break, so there's plenty of time to catch up before it returns. 
In February, our membership of followers increased to more than two hands worth of people(🎉) but the club is still exclusive if you join now, so thank you to them. And thank you to you for reading.

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.discordapp.com%2Fattachments%2F4..._Cover.png

When Adi falls through to a new world, she quickly has to learn to survive against the wild and a mutated Earth. Something called the System speaks straight to her mind as if she were in a game and quickly forces her to accept a quest to fix the System. All of it. With only an airheaded nobleman for her companion, she's not sure she can keep them both alive and finish the System's quest, but with no hope of returning to her home, she's going to do her best to secure her new home.

Updates every Friday around 9 PST! Currently 23k/84 pages and 7 chapters (average chapter size is 3k)

Tags: black ace female lead, wilderness survival, humans are scary, humans will packbond with anything, creature of the week/chapter, riches to rags companion, fantasy racism, no romance here, no sex here

Thank you, @Wing !!
Hi all, I humbly invite you to come, read my story. It is an original fantasy fiction based on Indian mythology, specifically Hindu mythology.

Short summary:

Golden prince, Suryadev, the image of perfection, kindness and courage. But a darkness was lurking in his dreams, eroding his soul. And, his destiny was not hidden from his Guru, who saw "a fate unforeseen by the gods, a path converged by the paths of the past, present, and future."

Princes, Spells, Gods, Spirits, Heaven, Mythical creatures, Wars, and Reincarnation, and so much more. It is based on Indian mythology, specifically Hindu mythology. But it is an original fantasy and focus is character arcs. It is 117 pages long till now and I post about 3-4 chapters every week.

***It will have LGBT, specifically Gay content.***

Linkhttps://www.royalroad.com/fiction/39679/rakhtabhushan-blood-ornament

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FvFi3xow.png

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F9s2XtkD.png

If it sounds interesting to you, please check. Thank you!!
https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fpublic%2Fsmil...U9Xgw%3D.png

Illustrations are by Ben Arisson (The art uses images from Pinterest) 

Thanks for the opportunity to promote our stories!

The Eighth Warden

Cast out from his knightly order for using magic, Corec has no idea what lies ahead. Leaving his homeland to make his own way in the world, he finds himself linked to a beautiful woman through a mysterious rune. With otherworldly forces manipulating events behind the scenes, the two must seek help to free themselves from the unknown magic. But when the runes continue affecting others, Corec and his companions—an elven druid, a con man with a hidden past, and a thief who wants to be a bard—must work to discover truths about themselves and the world in which they live.

See my signature for the book covers, or this thread for full-size views of the covers.

So this is going to be less self promotion and more promotion by proxy. Started writing a few months ago and started sharing in feb, currently sitting at just under 6000 views in 27 days (!!!) and without 5999 comments telling me how bad it is. Edit - 6018 views 

Set in the Fallout universe, but unlike most (if not all) Fallout fan fiction, it's written to be accessible to all and features an entirely unique setting and characters. There are no existing characters or sex scenes that read like soon to be exhibit a.

The reaction has been amazing, way beyond my hope to get at least one person to read it start to finish. People are engaged and invested in the characters, some have read 10 chapters in one sitting! I'll be posting the ending this week.

Rather than me trying to sell you on it I'm going to post some quotes, I'm not going to name them, but you can easily verify them. I'll try not to be too selective with the quotes either!
Starting with reviews...

Quote:a vault dweller is leaving their vault to explore the wasteland above. However, the similarities with any game stops there and the rest is an entirely new story that's both nostalgic to those who have played a fallout game and remember the first time seeing the ruined world to explore as well as being good enough at showing the world around and in the vault to make anyone new to the fallout fandom feel like they're not ousted or out of place

Quote:Full of detailed if not always clear pictures of the enviroment, fully fleshed characters, and some digging into the MC, I have great hopes for this novel to get into the hall of the best RR will have to offer to a select audience...This is not your average reincarnator/xianxia/transmigrator/looper story (as fond as I am of some of them , mind you) , but real meat. Come with some hunger and you will be served.

Quote: This one is special, one of the few that tries to tell something unique. I'm certainly enjoying it thus far, the protagonist is alright but the excellently written characters he surrounds himself with were what really grabbed me and gave me faith in the story's potential.

My thanks again to those who took the time to write them

Now some of the comments...

Quote:I have the music theme and Ron Pelrman's voice in my head while reading this intro. 

Quote:Never played the games but I'm somewhat familiar with the lore, I feel like it's accessible for neophyte and the character development and base story you set will really draw the more traditional fans in.

Quote:I liked the first chapter a lot. Very good descriptions and I got immersed quickly. It feels very close to the Fallout universe. I could see the pipboy on the vault dweller's wrist. I could see the vault doors, as you were describing them open up, and I could see his make-shift backpack made out of a jumpsuit; all things that feel right at home in the Fallout Universe.

Quote:Nice story you have here.
I liked the way you explained pipboy's usage.
Dialogue seemed quite natural. I like it very much.

Quote:Also nice work you have here a diamond in the rough

Quote:First things first. Your novel is REAL GOOD. Perspective , insigth , descriptions, all of it kind of put your "this is my first work" declaration in doubt , no one is that good on a first try!

Quote:Now I don't k ow if I'm crying because this is a good backstory (it is) or because I just woke up and have a cellphone screen light my eyes xD, anyway good work so far dear author

Quote:Been on Royal Road for a few years, was sad to see no comments on this chapter. So I felt forced to make an account just to say thank you for taking the time to write this story. It draws you in and just makes you wish there was another "next chapter" button to click ;)

Quote:The chapters over all is excellent. I am not that fond of too much action-writing and I feel you have a good mix of it. 

Quote:Finally I am back to gorge on delicious chapters.

Still liking it a lot

Quote:Damn this makes me want to play Fallout 4 right now...You captured the environment of fallout very well and brought it to life. I also love the way you make the in-game mechanics make sense and how they affect John.

Quote:This reeeaally makes me feel like playing Fallout again. Sadly, I know the games will never feel as alive as this story does 😔 I must have well over 3000 hours play time combined of the series....Always a treat when your story updates!

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FLACHikG.gif
DOTS - SciFi Adventure with a Hint of Romance

While good people of the world go about their days in sunshine and full light, those who worship evil slink and slither. They are as thieves in the night, rats and vermin hiding. They tear open Mother Earth, burn her black inside, filled with wrath and envy, heaving forth sick venom.

Allied against such forces are the Fearless One named Aika, her name meaning Love Song, and the Obedient named Rio, whose deeds of strength and servitude earn her praise from all Nine Worthies. Together, the Fearless and the Obedient, they serve God's Favored Son, Meek Hank. He offers righteousness as our salvation while cast in the armor of a dove, wielding his sword, Kindness.

The Fearless and Obedient swear their fealty to the Meek. To Him, they show their deference, and they honor Him.

They believe in Hank.

The TV anchorman spoke in a calm voice, expressing no joy. "Here's the woman who seems to be at the center of the chaos. Authorities are still determining her name." He paused as Aika's lips moved for a scant mere moment. "The video is poor, but we think she's speaking to the camera. It's like she knows the camera is there."

Hank spoke to Rio's television as if addressing Aika. "What are you doing, little Butterfly?"

Leanne turned to Hank, speaking through her tears. "That's what you guys called her, right? You called her Butterfly?"

Hank nodded. "Aika-cho. She dances with them sometimes, in the meadow where she lives. As least she used to, until that plane crashed there."

"Oh my God, Hank," Leanne said, as Rio bawled and snotted. "Why did they do that to her?"

"Do what?"

"Watch," was all Leanne said, growing silent except for sniffling.

"It's still not clear to us why this woman was attacked," the anchorman said, as the grainy security camera video of Aika in the subway station played.

"Attacked?" Hank repeated, terrified.

"Oh my God, Hank," Leanne repeated, her voice drowned out by Rio's wailing.

The anchorman spoke again, as the feed cut from the security camera image back to him sitting in the newsroom. "We have enhanced the video of the woman as she speaks to the camera. There is no audio, but we're getting the video of it set up for you to see… If you'll give us a moment…"

Hank delved into Rio's mind as she clung to him and cried. Talk to me. Please.

It's the end of all good days.

She used real words next to speak, keeping her face buried in his soft shirt. "It is as I've told you. People have succumbed. First Africa, then Asia. The entire Pacific Ocean. Now Evil is here. The bad guys have won."

Leanne stared at the television, anxious for the clue. Soon Aika's face appeared, full upon the screen and clearer than before. Two words escaped her smiling lips as she mouthed them silently, over and over again, for the news broadcast ran the image of her speaking on a continuous loop.

"It seems obvious now," the anchorman said as the loop played on. "She's saying something to the camera. We're not sure what it is."

Hank and Rio knew, all too well. 

Hi Hank. Hi Hank. Hi Hank. Hi Hank.

The Fearless gave her body up to expose the soul, unfettered. The Obedient clung fast to the Meek, her heart serving no other. The face of Earth had fallen away, and sin spewed from the darkness, but with faith and hope and charity, nothing had been lost.

Blessed be the Meek! Through Him there is the Kingdom. Through Him the good still live, and they shall never die. With the glory of archangels, Heaven has descended, cleaving Man in two. Those who blaspheme, those who hate, those who lie and steal, they shall rot in fields now fallow, feeding unclean soil. The sun shall not shed light for them, the moon will now grow dark, the stars fall one by one…

But the meek, the obedient, the fearless?

We shall reign with God.

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FsVhsoRY.png

Review snippets: 
5/5 "Between the setups, the way that the chronology of events is set up, darting from present court trial to previous events, and how somewhat ridiculous, yet somehow still believable in context events happen, I'm firmly convinced that this story is a downright MARVEL of storytelling." - Mcshadowlawn 

5/5 "A highlight for me is certainly the dialogue, and character development through humor." - TheUndertakersDaughter 

Synopsis: 
Wish Mountain follows the adventures of Hress Dunter and his companions as they journey up a mysterious mountain. Legend tells whoever reaches the heart of Wish Mountain will receive one all-powerful wish, but nobody in a thousand years has been able to get there. The kingdom needs a hero, but they'll have to settle for Hress Dunter.

ARCS:

1. The Trial of Hress Dunter:    A crucial decision leads Hress to be placed on trial. His life hangs in the balance. Can he talk his way out of being executed? 

Check out my latest work! A not-so-serious, seriously entertaining blend of sci-fi and magic that takes a whole colony ship into a rather unique fantasy setting.

The Shipbrain's Magic

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fpublic%2Fcove...1614278930

Sam Deckart sacrificed herself to save her starship from a jumpdrive malfunction. That should have been the end of her story. But instead, she's given a second chance at life as a Shipbrain, the organic half of the computer that runs the ship. The bad news is; that jumpdrive malfunction? It stranded Sam and everyone in her ship in a different dimension where magic works. The good news is that it turns out Sam has magic, awoken within her during the crisis that cost her body. Alive only as a brain in a jar, hooked up to a damaged colony ship orbiting a strange alien megastructure, she's got to use that magic to save her crew and the ten thousand colonists in cryostasis, and protect them from the threats they will face in this new universe.

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fpublic%2Fcove...1599679675

Life in a different world has its challenges, even if it’s the life you’re supposed to lead ...

If you'd like to read a cultivation story without arrogant young masters or murderhobo MCs, I may have something for you.

Reverse Reincarnation is the story of a girl transmigrated into a cultivation world as the princess of an empire, supposed to continue the life she used to lead before her time on Earth. She just doesn't remember it. Plus, there are secrets her family keeps, and people are after her for reasons beyond her control. She'd like to just focus on research and kickstarting an industrialization, but she'll have to make time for that between dealing with politics, wars, and spirits ...

Over a thousand pages already, and updating at least twice a week.

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fpublic%2Fcove...tafjg8.jpg

Karl always wanted to be a Mage. He was born in the Serion Kingdom, a fully pledged magic Kingdom. Seems like a perfect match, right? Unfortunately, no. He´s just a commoner, working endlessly to maintaining the lifestyle of Mages.
On his 15th birthday, his last chance to escape from a miserable life was destroyed when he was deemed to have no magic potential. 

For thousands of Serion´s citizens that would be the end of their dreams. But how could this story be any fun, ending like that? 

Follow Karl and his friends while they tried to fight against oppression. Will the system bend them to submission or will they break the chains of destiny? 

Spoiler alert! After thousands of years, an ancient Magic system will be reborn in the small Caiset village.

What should you expect?

- Kingdom Building (For sure! The heavy lifting will come later, I promise! Foundation is important, please be patient);

- Epic battles (A Kingdom is not built without war and conflict. Who doesn't like good fights? Let's bring some excitement to this novel!);

- Multiple leading characters (Karl convinced them to get on the bus, but this is a very long trip and everyone will need to drive a little);

- Scientific Magic System (Especially Alchemy! I’m in no way trying to take the fantasy out of Magic. I just feel like trying to do something more logical. I'll probably stumble on a fine line, but I’m counting on you to keep me on track!);

- World Building (Here, it’s where a really need help. Please don’t get the wrong idea, I’m not diving without any equipment. I planned the background stories, plot and the world. I just think that you might see somethings I missed);

- Fun?  (I’ll try to insert some humor into the story, but that’s an experience we will go through together).

Other points I find important:

Alchemy is mostly crafting magic tools, but it will go a little further down the road. Even if you don’t like crafting, weapon enhancing, and whatnot, don’t give up on the novel. You might be surprised about Alchemy's reach later. Also, other types of Magic will play an important role here, just not the leading role. 

New Chapters on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday!

WORD COUNT - 51K

Link: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/39903/ak-the-alchemy-kingdom

Story Into the Void

Genre: Modern, Action, Cultivation, Kingdom-Building, Reincarnation, Fantasy

Hi everybody I'm going to be promoting my story called Into the void. If you know anything about nurturing humanity, then you should generally get the gist of the story. The MC gains the ability to create universes due to certain events. The novel is a look into how he uses his powers and how the world around him reacts to him having those powers. It's a bit on the darker side because the MC's morals are questionable, but I think if you like godly powers yet challenges then this should be for you. So, check it out, view it and let me know how you feel about it and I'm grateful that you would take your time out read it. Thanks in advance

30k words so far.
Updates everyday except Saturday and Sunday because video games.

Hey everyone! H.C. OGDEN here! In December I completed Star Wars: Life & Death on the Rim (Season 1) and I'm VERY proud and happy with it. I'd love for you to check it out and give it a read! 

Life & Death on the Rim is an episodic journey following the young Corellian pilot Killik Faz as he travels the galaxy of far, far away, escaping his past while undoubtedly heading toward an even more dangerous future. Joined by an unlikely crew of mercenaries, the young man tells his story from first person as he and his companions dive headfirst into a life they thought was the stuff of stories.

This story follows a weekly campaign I am a part of with an incredible, captivating story that is now an in-the-works audio drama/podcast with almost 100 different roles.

Also, for my novel Tales of Shady Grove, the first 3 chapters are available as a teaser right now for the first draft.

Hope you enjoy and don't forget to leave a comment, review, and/or rating.

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fpublic%2Fcove...1603757301

Thief of Time

Synopsis: Claud Primus, a self-declared master thief, has a simple goal. To live forever. It's a rather easy task, for miraculous objects called lifestones are able to extend one's lifespan. These lifestones are best found in the treasuries of nobles, lovely resorts that Claud pays a visit to every so often. Unfortunately, one of those nightly visits go awry, and Claud is forced to escape with just a single lifestone and a box in hand.
Normally, that's when things die down. The guards yawn, the gates close, and the night continues.

But this time, the night isn't that forgiving. A dozen schemes result in the murder of someone important, and with a convenient scapegoat — Claud — at hand, it doesn't take long for him to be framed as a heinous criminal, wanted for the indirect murder of someone high up...and it just gets worse from there.

Legend of the Lost Star 

Synopsis for volume 9:
Gazing out at the Orb of old, Gaius ponders his destiny and the great stakes with it. Time and again, he has led a life of choices, making one after another for the sake of those he cares about. His latest choice, however, carries implications of an immeasurable scale. Charged with the protection of the future, all that awaits him is an eternal solitude...

On the other side of the false world, a single star shines, one whose light is meant to protect. Gemini, who has long found a homeland in the form of Ark City, has spent years defending it with friends and family alike. However, an inexorable end is approaching. The day the Great Divide falls looms ever closer. At the crossroads of destiny, when the chains of fate bind him fully, what will the last Constellation choose?

And what will his choice mean for the rest of the Five Lands?

The Morgulon:

A werewolf story, yes, but I'd ask you to give it a chance anyway. It's not the Wattpad kind of werewolf story, I promise. 

In this steampunk world, the Feleke Four - brother David, Andrew, and Nathan, and their father - are famous werewolf hunters. On the night when the four are supposed to become five with the youngest brother joining the family business, everything goes wrong, setting in motion events that will upset all the old orders. 
This thread is locked