Re: Hello Everyone!

Hello!

My journey with RoyalRoad starts way before I even heard of this website. I used to read wuxia novels over other websites, and even for quite some time I've been hooked into bad translations of Korean lightnovels. Bad might not do honor to the quality, horrific. Borderline unreadable.

I don't remember how, but I ended up here. And that's when I stumbled upon true gems of the LitRPG genre. I must say, there's no going back. Some of my favorite fictions come from here, and they are undoubtedly amazing. However, and maybe I'm not the only one here, I've always felt a restlessness inside me. What if the MC did that? That spell, if only it could also... I couldn't help but imagine an endless world of possibilities. None better than the original, just different.

For the last few months, I've been writing two LitRPGs. Perhaps afraid of the public opinion, or simply not ready to step up, I kept them private. I don't know what it was, perhaps nothing at all, but eventually,  I decided on publishing one of them. I'll be infinitely grateful if anyone decides to check it up. And even more so if I get some feedback! It's my first try and I'm eager to learn and improve. You'll find the book on my signature ;)

Nice to meet you all!
I'll be sure to keep reading and discovering new authors!
Dadalha

LurkerWizard Wrote: I'm intrigued. Which novels are your favorites?

Outside of RoyalRoad I have a few picks, none of them is uncommon at all, to be honest. Coiling Dragon, Rebirth of the Thief who Roamed the World, and Overgeared, to name a few on top of my head.

The Death Mage Who Doesn't Want a Fourth Time is actually quite good, if you don't mind the typical Aram that comes with Japanese literature. Luckily, it's not overwhelming. The MC starts weak, but quickly turns quite OP. The author manages to pull it out, and the story is kept interesting even taking it into account.

If your tolerance to bad grammar and tedious translations is high, you can read Taming Master and Reader. The first one is okayish, although I wouldn't particularly recommend it. As for the latter, its premise and world are well built, but the MC becomes too OP too fast for my taste. I've read others, like 

Solo leveling comes to mind. It's also well known, I don't recall where I read it. Peerless White Emperor was also a good read until around chapter 150-200, were it goes completely nuts.

Here I discovered Wayward Bard, which is the first part of World of Chains. It's only on Amazon right now, but I can't recommend it enough. Do not expect fast action, it slow paced, and dives into its characters and personalities.

I can't say I'm not into Azarinth Healer, although I do admit it's a bit mainstream. I've got his new novel pending. I also read through Everybody Loves Large Chests.

I'm halfway or starting the following: only sense, defiance of the fall, forge of destiny and to break the world.

I think that's about it? Although I might be forgetting about a few, I have the bad habit of not tracking my reads...

RainGear Wrote: Welcome to RR, officially, Dadalha! Let me know if you're down for a review swap down the line, LitRPG to LitRPG. I'm looking for other people's take on my novel.

Best regards!

Sure! This weekend I'll take a look at your novel! 

If you feel like reading mine, you are more than welcome!