Re: Hi everyone! New to Royal Road!

Hello! 

I am pretty new to Royal Road - both as a reader and as a writer. While I am trying to find the motivation to write my story Deathly Divine, I am also wanting to read new genres and experience new writing styles - especially from authors who are just starting out! 

Please drop some recommendations for stories/books/chapters that have not received enough love! Let's give exposure to some hidden gems, works in progresses and undiscovered masterpieces! 

All genres, pieces and authors are welcome.

P.S. I have been trying to get my signature to work and if it doesn't can someone please help me understand why :((

Great!! Welcome to this site. I am new as well and happy to meet all the newer members! One Xianxia novel that I am reading is pretty early in the story but I feel it needs more exposure. It is simple and honest. No unwarranted angst or overdone complexity. Quite light and comedy but the author does know what he is doing and writing. 

I feel it needs more love and support: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/40463/wan-lin

Other than that I humbly invite you to check out my original fantasy based on Indian mythology as well. It will have gay content in the future. It is in my signature.

Lastly hope you have great time here. Will see you around in the forum.
peoapproval

FantasyBliss30 Wrote: Great!! Welcome to this site. I am new as well and happy to meet all the newer members! One Xianxia novel that I am reading is pretty early in the story but I feel it needs more exposure. It is simple and honest. No unwarranted angst or overdone complexity. Quite light and comedy but the author does know what he is doing and writing. 

I feel it needs more love and support: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/40463/wan-lin

Other than that I humbly invite you to check out my original fantasy based on Indian mythology as well. It will have gay content in the future. It is in my signature.

Lastly hope you have great time here. Will see you around in the forum.
peoapproval

Hi and thank you for the warm welcome! I appreciate the recommendation...although I'm not quite sure what xianxia is. I hope this forum becomes a platform where other readers get to see these pieces as well!

I hope to get around to all of these recommendations eventually. Rest assured, I will definitely take the time to read what is recommended - even if I am a very slow reader AHAH

gej302 Wrote: Sweet, I'm here in time to warn you about the birds.  It's like Hitchcock out here.  Ducks.  Geese.  Penguins.

They're everywhere.

Hide.

(whispers from under the stairs) also welcome, but seriously, hide!

*Joins you under the stairs* Are you sure we are safe here? I don't like birds much...especially chickens.

ArDeeBurger Wrote:
gej302 Wrote: Ducks.  Geese.  Penguins.

The Lions and Tigers and Bears of the ornithophobic. 🐦

And hello sess. Welcome to Royal Road. It is always nice to see another author. 

If you would like to give a read to my little unloved gem called DOTS, the link to it is in my signature below. https%3A%2F%2Fwww.clipartmax.com%2Fpng%2Fmiddle%2F15...g-down.png

Hi ArDeeBurger, thanks for the welcome! Oooh Dots sounds quite interesting so I will definitely give it a read. Hope it gets all the love it deserves!

Sereminar Wrote: Welcome! 

Xian also created a pretty good signature creation guide https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/107061
 Hopefully that might help with your signature woes. 

As far as underappreciated authors you might enjoy:

Jank
Path of the Whisper Woman
Synth
Vanishing Evil for Love

Hello! Thanks for the link, I think I managed to figure it out with a little trial and error. 

I hope these authors get the appreciation they deserve!

Avian invasions aside, this is a great  site so far and there are tons of "hidden gems" as you called them on this site. I love seeing the creativity of so many people come to life on their pages. 

Welcome to RR and good luck to you. Remember to have fun with your writing and reading. It's what we have all come to this site for. If you enjoy your writing, it will show in your work. 

My last parting bit of advice regarding the influx of birds lately is "Whenever you see a goose flying by, always remember: duck."