Re: A 100,000 views!

This is kind of surreal. If not for the Achievement, I wouldn't even know that my fic had accumulated 100,000 views. Wow, that's a big number.
I used to stare, wide-eyed, at fics that had views in hundreds of thousands, wondering how they did it. 
But now my own fic has reached that point.
Kind of unreal, tbh.
However, when I read my story, I don't understand how it happened. I mean, there is so much to improve in my story. So much work yet to be done. It is my first original fiction and the writing needs much improvement.
Still, thank you to all of you that gave it a chance. I am kind of overwhelmed here. 

normancrane Wrote: Congratulations!

You put in the work and the viewers came. If you build it, they will come!

As for improvements: there's always a lot to improve, but there's no better measure of improving as a writer than seeing how much more can be improved.

100,000 is a big number. That's a city of views.

Thanks! You are right, noticing faults in your writing is a good measure of improvement. 

A city worth of views. Wow, you are right. Never thought of it that way.

Ankur_93 Wrote: This is kind of surreal. If not for the Achievement, I wouldn't even know that my fic had accumulated 100,000 views. Wow, that's a big number.
I used to stare, wide-eyed, at fics that had views in hundreds of thousands, wondering how they did it. 
But now my own fic has reached that point.
Kind of unreal, tbh.
However, when I read my story, I don't understand how it happened. I mean, there is so much to improve in my story. So much work yet to be done. It is my first original fiction and the writing needs much improvement.
Still, thank you to all of you that gave it a chance. I am kind of overwhelmed here.

Such an outstanding achievement and yet so humble!! You deserve it, my friend!
DrakanWine peoapproval

Ankur_93 Wrote: You are right. Ah, I kind of forgot about the existence of that channel. How can I move this thread?

I don't think it's possible, but it's not important.  I was in a weird headspace from writing up rules, so my rules CDO (alphabetical like it should be!) side was typing.

Anyway, congrats again!

gej302 Wrote:
Ankur_93 Wrote: You are right. Ah, I kind of forgot about the existence of that channel. How can I move this thread?

I don't think it's possible, but it's not important.  I was in a weird headspace from writing up rules, so my rules CDO (alphabetical like it should be!) side was typing.

Anyway, congrats again!

Ah, thanks again then!

RenRyder Wrote: Any advice for authors new to RR? :)

Congrats on 100k! Ding! That's incredible.

Warmly,

Ren

Thanks! :)
As for advice, just be consistent. Whatever your schedule is, just stick to it. People prefer a reliable author so if you pump out chapters at a measured pace, not only would it keep you sane but also keel your readers interested. Btw I just checked out your story. It seems like the entire Book 1 was updated in the last few days. There is barely any benefit from uploading more than one chapter a day. I'd recommend against that.

Ankur_93 Wrote:

Warmly,

Ren

As for advice, just be consistent. Whatever your schedule is, just stick to it. People prefer a reliable author so if you pump out chapters at a measured pace, not only would it keep you sane but also keel your readers interested. Btw I just checked out your story. It seems like the entire Book 1 was updated in the last few days. There is barely any benefit from uploading more than one chapter a day. I'd recommend against that.

Thanks for the advice. Eeesh, sounds like I really shot myself in the foot huh? I suppose I should step off the accelerator for a bit and do some deep breathing exercises xD. I’ll slow down on the chapter posting, maybe even one every couple days after today.

Warmly,

Ren

RenRyder Wrote:
Ankur_93 Wrote:

Warmly,

Ren

Thanks for the advice. Eeesh, sounds like I really shot myself in the foot huh? I suppose I should step off the accelerator for a bit and do some deep breathing exercises xD. I’ll slow down on the chapter posting, maybe even one every couple days after today.

Warmly,

Ren

That will be a good idea. :)