Re: February Thread - Promote your Story

Anyways I never went to school for literature or writing, however I have always enjoyed writing stories when I was in high school.

I never really wanted to post in this thread because I don't really self promote. 

I just thought I'd let you all know that I am writing an ongoing series where I release 2 chapters everyday. 

The chapters are relatively short and are around 1000-1500 words in length. If you prefer reading material that gets to the point in a relatively short time frame, then this book is for you. 

The link for my book I.D. Tech is in my signature... If for some reason that doesn't work just use the search function and type in the title.

If you enjoy crime shows on T.V. or Netflix, then this book is for you. I promise I will never use a click bait title on a chapter. 

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FK9n2HmH.png

Visions. Voices. Rurik is plagued by memories that don’t belong to him. Exiled from his home and his family, he is sent to toil in the mines of an ancient ruin buried beneath the surface. Plagued by arcane horrors that lie within the very walls, he must survive long enough to find a way home with only his crew malcontents, but after a routine excavation goes terribly wrong he finds himself unraveling a plot set in motion a thousand years before his birth.  

Arkalis is cursed – or so she says. With her twin brother banished, her father sick, and her kingdom under occupation, she spends her days at the bottom of a wine bottle. While content to waste away within her drunken debauchery, an assassination attempt on Arkalis’ life shocks her into motion. She discovers too late that her friends are few and those that want her dead wield power beyond her wildest imagining. Maybe she really is cursed, though the voices in her head certainly don’t think so.

Neither could possibly know the depth of the peril they face, nor just how close their fates are linked.

Chapters released as individual scenes or multiple small scenes Tuesdays and Saturdays. 

A full, epic fantasy novel. The Soul of Chaos follows a pair of noble twins and a massive supporting cast in an ever escalating conflict and gods and world-spanning dangers.

Thanks for starting this thread!

I'd like to promote my story, The Eighth Tier: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/39968/the-chronicles-of-gravehaven-the-eighth-tier

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fpublic%2Fcove...1612035423

Synopsis:

Years ago, the kingdom of Elia was on the brink of annihilation from an invading enemy. Until the unthinkable happened: the god Eo appeared in the realm. Empowering Elians with the gift of magic, they drove back the invaders and formed an empire of their own.
They chose the first of all the sorcerers as their leader: the Autonach. From then on, the greatest of all the sorcerers is chosen to become the Autonach and the leader of the empire.
Shai is not the Autonach.
He’s too young, too reckless and his skill with magic much too weak. But he does have one ability no one else does: he is plagued by terrible visions of an impending catastrophe about to strike the kingdom… and someone out there in dire need of his help. Overlooked by the others and desperate to prove himself, Shai travels across the empire to take on the danger himself.
But Shai will soon realise there is more to deal with than a series of deadly curses: he must also face the machinations of hostile royals, repel an invasion from across the sea and conquer his own inability to master magic if he wants to save his people…
And then maybe, just maybe, he will become the Autonach himself.

Arc based story, updates regularly. Currently exclusively on Royal Road!

----

There are 4 chapters out so far, with more to come soon. Style wise it's an adventure story, high fantasy, with plans to be a full series that's essentially serialised installments of one longer overarching plot. There is a magic system, but the focus is principally on the story & characters.

Hope you check it out if that's up your alley & comments are appreciated.

Dishonor

Looking for something that's dark and gritty with a female protagonist? Check out Dishonor for you post-apocalyptic dystopian sci-fi fix. Highly character driven story that starts out in a prison, becomes an adventure story, and dabbles in romance. Full story is currently at 125,000 words (and is still in progress). I am posting a chapter a week until I catch up to what I have written so far.

Synopsis:
 I am Dishonored. I am the lowest caste in a city of honor. I live in a prison with only the promise of death. I am a mouth to feed in an overpopulated city that no one can leave.

The City was built by the wealthy to withstand a nuclear blast, and it did; leaving its citizens trapped within its twisted sanctuary. A classist honor system developed that ensured the wealthy maintained their place within the walls, and the less fortunate were held prisoner. Liv was born as one of the most honored citizens of the city; one of the noble class. After her father was executed for treason, she was striped of her honor, and without honor, she was nothing. Facing life in prison with the criminal scum of an overpopulated city that could care less if the lowest caste died, Liv is determined to regain her honor and former status. With nothing left to lose, she is willing to do anything to avenge her father and regain her honor.

Ghoster

Looking for something a bit shorter? Ghoster is a collection of short stories set in a sci-fi world where everyone lives with augmented reality built into their bodies. Each chapter is a standalone story written in third person past tense. (Currently 2 stories in Ghoster with more planned but not written yet)

Synopsis:
The virtual world is everything. With sensors, computer chip implants, contact lenses and an internet connection you can also live in the virtual world! Don't worry about how you don't look like a model. The virtual world can fix that. It can make it so that everyone sees you how you see yourself! With job leveling and virtual pets, everything is better in the virtual world! Come to an Insinc office today to get equipped to enter the virtual world.

Howdy!

How about a story about a talking cat, the 80s in spaceguns and pizza party?  WELCOME TO:

https%3A%2F%2Fi.postimg.cc%2Fc10nsw-VB%2FLogo.png

In a near future and the merciless cosmos survives Lee, the space Maine Coon, despite his ready tongue and his sassy feline comments giving him nothing but troubles. Fortunately, he goes along with "his" sapiens and partner : Ali, a violent and cheeky young woman who only swears by her Desert Eagle .50 and her oversized soda cups. Aboard their mythical ship, the Kitty, this duo of bounty hunters travels trough the faithless and lawless void, staging a succession of disasters and Betamax binge watching.

"The future that never was" is an action-driven science-fiction book series for adults borrowing from different sub-genres such as space opera, space western, cassette futurism and cyberpunk.
Its first story, "KITTY KITTY", has a unique and deeply retro universe. Because, in this uchronia, the Soviets planted the Red Flag on the Moon in 1955. Since then, mankind has relentlessly pushed its colonies to the ends of the solar system. It devotes all its scientific and industrial resources to it. This means that, during the events of "KITTY KITTY", its cultural codes seem frozen in some alternative 1980s. Floppy disks are kings and David Hasselhoff is the ultimate galactic superstar; Robots do all the work and the packs of cigarettes are cheaper than ever! Yet, life is hard. As humanity is expanding trough the Kuiper Belt and the New Worlds, the overly consumerist society is slowly collapsing because of the never-ending corpo-wars and the blatant technocratic corruption. 

"KITTY KITTY"  is finished and published, in French, on amazon. During the first semester of 2021, I plan to provide an unrated and extended English edition as I always wanted. Each episode will be posted, one by one, on Royal Road ever.

Are you ready for the eternal 80's? DIVE IN IT!

https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2F4NmTX52%2FKITTYKITTY-STICKER-LEE.png

Currently writing the seventh and most consequential volume of the best damn harem series around, Death by Ex-Girlfriend.

Seventh volume, Inari Standoff

Or if you're just starting, here's the first volume, Aika Crisis.

Seventh vol. blurb

Quote:It was just supposed to be another miserable day as Osamu waited the airport for Aika to return from her trip to Germany. His mental and emotional wounds from the Rousoku incident still fresh, Osamu wanted nothing more than pick Aika up, drop her off at her place, and go back home to sleep for the rest of the day. But when Osamu get up to use the restroom, he suddenly collapses. When he awakes, he emerges out of the bathroom and notices something is terribly wrong.

The airport that was bustling with noise and conversation just minutes ago is now deathly silent.

A woman's voice rings in his head, crying out for help. His body moves on its own towards the source of the voice, where he finds the wounded fox goddess, Inari Okami. At long last, she's finally found. But the exorcists are hunting Inari, and Osamu has now been caught in the middle of their pursuit. He unwittingly aids Inari in killing some of her pursuers, resulting in the airport being locked down and surrounded by the Exorcist Program.

Fate ultimately brings Inari Ookami and Osamu Ashikaga together during this time, both of them suffering from years of pain and heartache. Though the fox goddess is resentful of humans, she teams up with Osamu to fend off the pursuing exorcists, thus beginning the pivotal event that would be known as the Inari Standoff, putting Osamu at direct odds with Heaven itself. Finding themselves in an impossible situation, both Osamu and Inari are forced to accept they may both be killed in the stand-off, but that realization soon brings them more comfort than pain. They are both mentally and emotionally ready to die.

At the same time, Taeko and Shinju find themselves the targets of an assassination orchestrated by their own men, and barely manage to escape with their lives. Unsure of who to trust within the Exorcist Program and fearing for both Osamu and Inari's safety, the two link up with Osamu's friends and family. Together, they put together a risky and daring gamble of a plan to sneak past the exorcist lines and save Osamu and Inari.

Everything is about to change. Osamu, Inari, Heaven, and even the world itself will all be affected by the events of this seventh volume, and none of it can be taken back or changed.

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FhnarMy1.png

Hi there. I would like to celebrate the drop of chapter 1 of a story i have started Called the Bell Flower Malady.

Synopses

A young, failing magician whose life falls to shambles over the course of a very bad day. Her mother falls ill to a magical disease named the blight, her father disappears, and her best friend is drafted into a war against an unknown assailant.

It is up to this girl to step out of her forest for the first time in her life into the greater unknown to get her life back, but little does the girl know, nothing will ever be the same again.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/40554/the-bell-flower-malady

Sleeping Princess 

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fpublic%2Fcove...1597969347

Hello everyone, I would like to promote my story Sleeping Princess in hopes to expand my audience to fellow yuri connoisseur and to have a fun, active community surrounding it.

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FZlHZZdH.png

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FvuyQJ2f.png

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FxomnmbY.png

Synopsis
Nakagawa Madoka wakes up from a two-year-long coma only to find out that her life has changed. Her mom has found a new lover after her father died three years prior. Not only that, she now has a stepsister too. Madoka then meets her mother’s new lover…who seems to have taken a liking to her.

Genre(s)
Yuri, Slice of Life, Drama, Romance, School Life

Style
This is a slow romance story inspired by stories like Girl Friends, Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) and, Citrus with a twist. There are plenty of colored images throughout the entire story to add to the visual presentation.

Closing
Sleeping Princess is a kind of story where you can sit back, take your time and, enjoy each chapter slowly. This is my first ever web novel so I wanted to start with something slice of life that's romance focused. All chapters are free to read with no premiums. This project is for fun and I intend to keep it that way until the end. Any tips and pointers I'm all ears to. 

So, if you're up for a Yuri, Slice of Life, Drama, Romance, School Life or you know someone who'd love to read a story like this, please help me spread the word. It is currently finished with it's 2nd Volume with a span of 95k+ words and Volume 3 is on it's way. So, please enjoy your stay, and thank you for your time.

Here's me jumping on the bandwagon since I haven't been getting many new readers lately.

It's a slice of life, Litrpg with over 240,000 words 

Synopsis: 

Freya presents Chester with a choice: die as he was destined or be her champion and evangelist. Chester chooses life then embarks on an adventure to establish himself in a new life. 

Join Chester as he explores his new magical realm, its people, its magic, and the new body Freya has foisted on him.

This is a story about the family we find for ourselves and embrace to face the dangers of a hostile world and how we are better for them.

Story is a gender Bender but I mostly did that because I wasn't comfortable writing female characters when I started and you can mostly forget about it after chapter 6.

Link is in my signature.

Cheers.

Elevator pitch: Stranded in a strange universe on a deadly Earth with an exiled airhead as her only companion, Adi fights for survival and to fulfill the quest the System has forced upon her.

Tags: black female lead, isekai, LitRPG/GameLit, "everyone I know is dead but let's not think about that," creature features, stranded on mutated Evil Earth, wilderness survival, humans are space orcs, humans are scary, humans will packbond with anything, unique races, fantasy racism, asexual main character, kinda feral main character, kinda stupid companion, gay companion, soft male companion, even if he does start out as an entitled baby, bullied into personal growth, no romance here for now, magic is programming, epic quest, bullied by the system, bullying the system, this was MEANT to be kingdom building, there's still time!

So far, I have 20k posted across 6 chapters. I release a new chapter every Friday. Click my signature to take you to the page :)

Burning Tears

Two opposite universes, one with human beings born into great destinies filled with magic and supernatural powers and the other with divines; creatures only exist to serve the universes of humankind. Will the two worlds clash or it would exist within one another peacefully?

Quote:Sneak peek!

Nadine called the waiter and eyed his moving body from the far end of the restaurant until he noticed her. He nodded his head and walked toward her. As she put a polite smile on her face; something shiny caught her attention. It wasn't clear but for a long second, she thought she saw a set of eyes floating in the air looking deeply into her soul. 

She was about to talk when suddenly the waiter appeared before her eyes forcing her to blink fast. She looked up at him, smiling again and then ordered two carbonara dishes and chicken Caesar salad. "So... what happened in Dubai?" Camellia said, trying to get her mind to stop overthinking. 

"Nothing happened," Nadine said, smiling. 

Quote:
     ‘Burning tears’ main themes are the endless war between the good and the evil, the powerful battle between two creatures to prove they deserve what they have and a love story that will shape everything and save souls from vanishing from existing. The story is influenced with Egyptian, Korean, Roman, and Greek mythologies, and the origins of angels in multiple religions.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/40393/burning-tears

New part everyday!

Hey there! I am new here and just added my story so I thought that I should promote it.

His Eternal Aspiration

Synopsis

[Caution- This novel is not for faint-hearted people. It contains extremely dark and emotionally heavy content. Read at your discretion.]

「Heaven leads to the end; because the end is the beginning, yet the beginning is also the end... But you shall carry fate itself, carry your eternal aspiration, and eventually become eternal... With the passing sand of time, you shall know the true meaning of- Eternal Pain...」

This is Dave's story, who lives in a world of Georgia ruled by the "God-level" beings. Mortals refer to these beings as "true gods" and worship them. The main character, Dave, is the young lord of the Shin family, being one of the prominent families of the Qin kingdom. Though the Qin kingdom being small in the Western Lands, it is still a diverse spot, blessed with all sorts of flora, monsters, magical beasts, and even some 'gods.' Dave, as the young lord lived an almost peaceful life. He loved everyone, and he thought they had also loved him, but reality had, sadly, disagreed with him.

At the age of six, he developed a unique ability. He could see through people's eyes. He could perceive their emotions. And through this, he understood the ugly reality, the reality that the people who he loved, never truly loved him back. Their love was only the thin, ephemeral veil that shrouded the hatred, jealousy, and evil that resided in their heart. He was young and easily scared, and to stop the agony of his world as he knew it, break apart completely, he slowly stopped looking at people's faces, even his parents, anxious that he would spot the same malice and evil as he spotted everywhere...

At the age of 8, he finally looked at his parents' faces, albeit dead ones...

At the age of 12, he heard an old yet youthful, sweet yet hoarse, close yet distant, genderless whisper informing him of the curse that would be his eventual fate. Soon after, he mysteriously became blind; Denied even the sensations of vision by the cruelty of reality.

Finally, at the age of 14, his life changed after a 'dark' incident, as every incident that ever happened in his life forced him to start his journey in the world of Georgia with a goal on his mind...

But later, he would be in the center position, the prime figure to ultimately change the fate of the world. Through his actions, he'd either lead to the world's eternal growth or hasten... its eventual demise.

Tags: Action, Psychological, Mystery, Romance, Cultivation, Anti-Hero-MC, Harem, Tragedy, R-18, Adventure, Dark, Gore, Monsters, Manipulative Characters, Scheming Characters, War, Kingdom/Empire, Twisted, Drama, Swords, and magic, Depiction of Cruelty, Proactive Protagonist 

Note- Everything that happens in the novel has a reason behind them and these reasons will be revealed in the next few chapters or as the story progresses.

Link:

One day an ex-army officer finds himself in strange woods, later where he will learn he sent to another world.

In this new place, he will try to survive against monsters, wild animals, and anything gods throw against him.

https://www.royalroadcdn.com/public/covers-full/40545-emperor-of-the-north.jpg?time=1614284989

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/40545/emperor-of-the-north

An isekai/fantasy