Re: Font Size?

FantasyBliss30 Wrote: For most stories, I had to zoom in to 16px, since I see that most use the default font size while writing. I would appreciate if writers could use bigger font size and good spacing when writing.
peoapproval
What's the default? I use 16px too, and got used to it. 

arashifufu Wrote:
FantasyBliss30 Wrote: For most stories, I had to zoom in to 16px, since I see that most use the default font size while writing. I would appreciate if writers could use bigger font size and good spacing when writing.
peoapproval
What's the default? I use 16px too, and got used to it.
Default for reading is 12px

Camhanache Wrote: 14px, I just checked on the submissions page. And changing it works by a modification factor which, imo, makes it look weird. Still, good to know, changing my draft from 12 to 14pt font.

Yup, 14 px default for writing. But I increase it by 1.3 from the dropdown. My readers have told me it is easier on their eyes, lol.

peolaughing

utsuro Wrote:
FantasyBliss30 Wrote: 16px
Camhanache Wrote: 14px
How tf... just WHY??? XDDDDDDDDD

I read at 22px and write at 12px on Word (I zoom in whilst typing btw)

On RoyalRoad though, I consider anything with a font size less than 16px as too small tbh

Lol. Also, why the default formatting here is so hard to read, I do not know. It just is, lol. 

FantasyBliss30 Wrote: I would appreciate if writers could use bigger font size and good spacing when writing.
I agree! The default font size Royal Road uses is soooo eeny-beeny and small. I used to use MEDIUM in my story, but Royal Road has switched up the BBCode. MEDIUM is no longer an option. 

To prevent having to change the font size in all of my previous chapters, I've started using 1.15em, since it most closely matches MEDIUM. 🙂

CosmicDaoist Wrote: I will definitely be switching to 1.15em. I don't want to give my (almost non-existent) readers migrains from having to squint at teeny tiny text!

Same, I’ve been posting at 1em but I usually read on mobile. Didn’t realize the default seemed so small over a whole chapter on desktop.

CosmicDaoist Wrote: I will definitely be switching to 1.15em. I don't want to give my (almost non-existent) readers migrains from having to squint at teeny tiny text!
Great idea! However, you have to enter the Source Code for 1.15em by hand, as the task bar only offers 1.1em or 1.3em font size as choices. 

Prior to the February uppate, I used to use MEDIUM as my font size, but the new BBCode no longer allows it. So, to keep the font size for my new chapters as close as I can to the font size for my older ones, I choose 1.1em from the task bar, then go into View Source Code -- those two little carrotsat the end of the task bar (or by entering Ctrl+Shift+S) -- and add in all the 5s. 🙂