Re: The Fancy Pants Kids of RoyalRoad

Buller Wrote: I need more followers
DrakanThinking

can't help you..I'm already following ^^

I was preparing some commentary of your story "writign style" to see if I could help... but I realized that while I'm maybe not bad a point difficulties, I'm  bad at pointing what pleases me... even when many (or most or every) thing is good  ) I'm even less talented for providing litterary advices .. 
so everything is back onto my "ctrl-X " bin :)

good luck, and provide me with more Healer content !!
(I'd really wish that the story explains how our new healer was supposed to save the day when he had less knowledge, less experience, less skills than the old healer... because Old healer already had the healing & smite skills, and the link with the staff skill... and all with much much higher levels and stats... 
is it just that inviting an otherwolder possession "healed the body" and "refilled the stamina & mana pools" ?...  or is it a hidden multiplier on otherworlders magic /skills ?)

Calavente Wrote:
DrakanThinking

I was preparing some commentary of your story "writign style" to see if I could help... but I realized that while I'm maybe not bad a point difficulties, I'm  bad at pointing what pleases me... even when many (or most or every) thing is good  ) I'm even less talented for providing litterary advices .. 

(I'd really wish that the story explains how our new healer was supposed to save the day when he had less knowledge, less experience, less skills than the old healer... because Old healer already had the healing & smite skills, and the link with the staff skill... and all with much much higher levels and stats... 
is it just that inviting an otherwolder possession "healed the body" and "refilled the stamina & mana pools" ?...  or is it a hidden multiplier on otherworlders magic /skills ?)
Well the lore is that old healer was powerful in the past but had been severely crippled due to mana burn. He had the Mana capacity of an old dog when he died

When new soul comes along, those injuries went away and mana pathways from years of training remained

Buller Wrote:
Calavente Wrote:
DrakanThinking

Well the lore is that old healer was powerful in the past but had been severely crippled due to mana burn. He had the Mana capacity of an old dog when he died

When new soul comes along, those injuries went away and mana pathways from years of training remained
hey.. you got a shout-out from Sect leader's author ^^

So I was welding today for a few hours in shorts... Now I have sunburns on part of my legs, mostly around my shins. Normally if I weld I am pretty covered up rocking coveralls, or I am only doing a fast little thing that takes 10 mins to weld so welding in shorts isn't an issue. But I didn't think of how long this project would take and didn't consider the fact I might get a sunburn from the arc. 

DrakanSigh  Now my legs look funny.

DrakanNo No I will not post pictures of my legs. You have to join my onlyfans for that.

Litrpg101 Wrote: Agh...

I tried to get into a new anime recently, but the show tried to have it's cake, and eat it too.

I mean, you can't make your Main Character a lovable lackadaisical slacker and a ruthless genius killer. 

The result killed his relatablilty and undercut his badassary with humor. I had to stop for a hot minute when I started catching harem vibes.
Why can't the MC be a genius and ruthless killer, who hides behind his alt ego of a lovable lackadaisical slacker? Who just so happens to pull in all the women girls (lets not kid our self's here.) around him like a black hole pulling in a anything around it.

pewpewcachoo Wrote:
Litrpg101 Wrote: Agh...

I tried to get into a new anime recently, but the show tried to have it's cake, and eat it too.

I mean, you can't make your Main Character a lovable lackadaisical slacker and a ruthless genius killer. 

The result killed his relatablilty and undercut his badassary with humor. I had to stop for a hot minute when I started catching harem vibes.
Why can't the MC be a genius and ruthless killer, who hides behind his alt ego of a lovable lackadaisical slacker? Who just so happens to pull in all the women girls (lets not kid our self's here.) around him like a black hole pulling in a anything around it.

Swap out the ruthless killer for a sociopath, and you pretty much described Classroom of the Elite.

pewpewcachoo Wrote: So I was welding today for a few hours in shorts... Now I have sunburns on part of my legs, mostly around my shins. Normally if I weld I am pretty covered up rocking coveralls, or I am only doing a fast little thing that takes 10 mins to weld so welding in shorts isn't an issue. But I didn't think of how long this project would take and didn't consider the fact I might get a sunburn from the arc. 

DrakanNo No I will not post pictures of my legs. You have to join my onlyfans for that.
So it's not a burn from infrared radiation or hot air right?

luda305 Wrote:
pewpewcachoo Wrote: So I was welding today for a few hours in shorts... Now I have sunburns on part of my legs, mostly around my shins. Normally if I weld I am pretty covered up rocking coveralls, or I am only doing a fast little thing that takes 10 mins to weld so welding in shorts isn't an issue. But I didn't think of how long this project would take and didn't consider the fact I might get a sunburn from the arc. 

So it's not a burn from infrared radiation or hot air right?
The arc flash from welding is UV, like the sun. Yes it is a type of radiation. But it's also like any sunburn. I burn within a few hours of being in direct sunlight. I just treat it like any other type of sunburn.

Also side note. The UV from arc welding is like looking at the sun. That is why you shouldn't look at it or even indirectly with your eyes. It can cause flash burn, which sucks. I had it happen when I was about 15 working with a friend of my dads. We were building a custom trailer, and doing a bunch of welding on the frame of it. I ended up catching the arc flash a little to much out of the corner of my eyes. Hurt like crazy and couldn't see for like 3 days. I was pretty much resting on a bed for a few days, with shredded potatoes over my eyes. Good times.

DrakanPotato

Dan Wrote: I need to write more.  I'm getting a smidge more views than normal (around 200/day or so), so content needs to be created.  Almost got caught up to the main story, so the old schedule needs a bit more padding.  

Also need to throw some more complications to the MC without killing him off.  Readers like it when the MC is frustrated at every turn, right?
Just make sure to not make it seem too plot armory