Re: The Fancy Pants Kids of RoyalRoad

Deerkat Wrote: Cannot confirm that typing without thinking works. In fact, it pretty safe to say it doesn’t work at all.
I kind of want to say that you're doing it wrong, buuuuut...

Total Subject Change:
I wish there was a word count where it would tell you how close (or how far) you were from hitting the Writathon goal, because I kinda feel like if I hadn't gotten sick I would have squeaked in at the end. 
Well, I don't actually know if that's true, but it certainly seems that way. 

Nestor1079 Wrote:
Deerkat Wrote: Cannot confirm that typing without thinking works. In fact, it pretty safe to say it doesn’t work at all.

Total Subject Change:
I wish there was a word count where it would tell you how close (or how far) you were from hitting the Writathon goal, because I kinda feel like if I hadn't gotten sick I would have squeaked in at the end. 

Well my friend, do I have a surprise for you! The Writathon did in fact have a word count. It was precisely 55,555 words. Weirdly specific, right? And it had to be done in 5 weeks, too! It seems like someone really likes the number 5…

I’m not even sure if I’m serious at this point.

Nestor1079 Wrote:

Total Subject Change:
If you clicked on writathon, and checked, it told you how many words you posted compared to what the goal was and how much % you had completed.

Nestor1079 Wrote:

Total Subject Change:
I wish there was a character count for forum posts.  Because there is a limit, but the count doesn't show up here and it doesn't match the character count in Word.

DrBuller Wrote:
pewpewcachoo Wrote:
DrBuller Wrote:
MalevolenceMau Wrote:
DrBuller Wrote: am now realizing how much i have to read this january.

dread incoming
Just think of it like your reviews  DrakanBook
current estimate is up to 1.4 mil words needing to be read
I assume that 70k of those words is my story... peocool
no? It's for the contest I'm hoping.
Wait, what contest? Another writing contest? I don't think I can make it so soon.

pewpewcachoo Wrote:
DrBuller Wrote:
pewpewcachoo Wrote:
DrBuller Wrote:
MalevolenceMau Wrote:
DrBuller Wrote: am now realizing how much i have to read this january.

dread incoming
Just think of it like your reviews  DrakanBook
current estimate is up to 1.4 mil words needing to be read
I assume that 70k of those words is my story... peocool
no? It's for the contest I'm hoping.
Wait, what contest? Another writing contest? I don't think I can make it so soon.
Nah, it's the RRL magazine thing, I'm pretty sure your fiction has to have less than a certain amount of words (50k?) to enter