Re: The Fancy Pants Kids of RoyalRoad

eric_river Wrote:
level 19 took a while, but 20's here at last
though i'm still not climbing the member list very fast
i got to the ninth page now, but it's like there's a wall
the people on the first few pages are standing quite tall!
DrakanPotato
Your progress is fast disciple, 20th realm in 3 months. For faster progress you can mastering Fifty Daily Greeting technique (rep), Ten Thousand Cheering technique (comments), Two Hundred Fifty Support Technique (reviews), and Three Thousand Acceptance Technique (upvote). The fastest Immortal to ascend is Immortal Penguin Prince msng in 10 months. Try to beat his record disciple.

MUMUMUATAMU Wrote:
eric_river Wrote:
DrakanPotato
Your progress is fast disciple, 20th realm in 3 months. For faster progress you can mastering Fifty Daily Greeting technique (rep), Ten Thousand Cheering technique (comments), Two Hundred Fifty Support Technique (reviews), and Three Thousand Acceptance Technique (upvote). The fastest Immortal to ascend is Immortal Penguin Prince msng in 10 months. Try to beat his record disciple.
In some way, i kinda want to try again. Like, preapre 250 reviews of new stories, go beserk on forums, make helping comments day in and day out while also uploading a trope story.

I think 2 months is possible 

DrBuller Wrote:
MUMUMUATAMU Wrote:
eric_river Wrote:
DrakanPotato
In some way, i kinda want to try again. Like, preapre 250 reviews of new stories, go beserk on forums, make helping comments day in and day out while also uploading a trope story.

I think 2 months is possible

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/46319/speedrunning-the-multiverse

Look at what's happening on https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/46407/master-of-the-loop , there's so many downvotes on the positive reviews... Yet there's no dissenting reviews!

Like, there's so many downvotes that the average review has more of them than upvotes! Are people just getting mad, leaving 0.5s and downvoting the positive reviews, or was there a long and bitter placement war I was unaware of?

Litrpg101 Wrote: Look at what's happening on https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/46407/master-of-the-loop , there's so many downvotes on the positive reviews... Yet there's no dissenting reviews!

Like, there's so many downvotes that the average review has more of them than upvotes! Are people just getting mad, leaving 0.5s and downvoting the positive reviews, or was there a long and bitter placement war I was unaware of?

sometimes I do wonder why reviews get so much hate
but it's something that i'm growing to anticipate
FancyDrakan

is it just me or is it really slow on here today

did somebody chase all the RR users away?

peoconfused

eric_river Wrote:
MalevolenceMau Wrote: For some odd reasons, a lot of the reviews on my story got 1-3 dislikes in a span of a week or so.

i notice that happening on rising stars a lot
people seem to spam downvotes because they can't get caught
kinda lame, but at least they don't go farther than that
i guess i'm content with where review-vote culture's at
They do that because they jealous, or the rising star is utter trash

Most people just don't bother to rate fictions. They will often not vote before reading several chapters (unless they really dislike the first chapters.) And if they do not like the first chapter, they will often not bother trying to read more and thus also not rate it. Only when a fiction reaches any of the Trending, Rising Stars or Ongoing lists will most people even try to read more than the first chapter. Which means means more views but also more ratings. And more ratings (especially rating from people not enarmoured with it to already read it before reaching Rising Stars) also means more people rating it with fewer stars. (Though there are of course also those readers that think that authors hating any ratings with less than 5 stars means they do not need to bother with any rating but 0.5 or 5 stars).