Re: The Fancy Pants Kids of RoyalRoad

AshroBugger Wrote: My sis says it hurts more than a normal shot, too be fair she is extremely afraid of shots so that might not help
DrBuller Wrote: Have heard that they are annoying. Makes me nervous for when its my turn
The first one wasn't bad, the arm hurts after the shot, but it's like a bruise. If you've ever had a brother that punched you, it's basically the same thing. Feels like you got hit in the arm.

As for the side effects I got nothing except exhaustion. So I'm assuming this next shot will be the same. I'll keep you guys posted peogentleman

Go to chapter 5.10, the one that came out today on Dreams Come True, and look at the conversation replying to comment #2. I'm not freaking trying to sh*t on DCT or anything, I just want consistency, and no matter how many times I repeat it, they don't understand. I'm honestly getting annoyed here.

Link is here: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/22356/dreams-come-true/chapter/680488/510?comment=4565315#comment-4565315

DoomAlsoDoom Wrote:
North Wrote: Go to chapter 5.10, the one that came out today on Dreams Come True, and look at the conversation replying to comment #2. I'm not freaking trying to sh*t on DCT or anything, I just want consistency, and no matter how many times I repeat it, they don't understand. I'm honestly getting annoyed here.
Yeah I saw. I'm with you. The whole chapter was painfully contrived.
The whole previous arc, where Shaden went travelling, was terribly done. Nothing happened during that arc, I just remember them going to an elven refugee village or something, going on a ship, going to a big library that helped develop Shaden that we learned nothing about, and that's it. I think the author has a plot in mind with no idea of how to get there, and they don't want to go on a hiatus again to improve the quality of the story.
People are talking about beating the prince up, or just killing/taming all the wyverns. Literally, all that is happening is he is going around being op, and pretending to be normal, but the author is failing to actually have him be "normal"

North Wrote: Go to chapter 5.10, the one that came out today on Dreams Come True, and look at the conversation replying to comment #2. I'm not freaking trying to sh*t on DCT or anything, I just want consistency, and no matter how many times I repeat it, they don't understand. I'm honestly getting annoyed here.

Link is here: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/22356/dreams-come-true/chapter/680488/510?comment=4565315#comment-4565315

I'm only at 5.8...5.9 is on my todo list... and you spoiled 5.10 for me... snif. i'd dread reading it ... 
but it's true that the last arc was slow-mo .; and the current get the "lvl 100 in level 1 territory"-feel. but I hope it'll work out.

MarikoRawralton Wrote:
Calavente Wrote: it's not dying...
it's just that the people are rotating...
and I guess I won't post for a few days.

everyone can have their "low days".
I'd post more if I had something interesting to say.

I usually don't, because I'm not an interesting person.
yes you are.

when you post, I take care to read intensely... because often it's something interesting. 
my guess is that you try too much to have something interesting to say, instead of telling whatever. 

such pride, such sin
Eh mi fuo tuo !

UmU

Duskuro Wrote:
AshroBugger Wrote: I hate needles
Who doesnt.
I'm kinda indifferent. 

Oh let me tell you a funny anecdote. I'm a lucky guy. I get fever like once a year max. So last year around November I was thinking that I probably haven't needed a needle in more than a decade(except for donating blood umm twice, thrice?). 
Anyways, my dad suddenly decides to get everyone tested for normal issues. Needles. My thyroid is weird. More needles. Doc doesn't like that specific test lab so even more needles. Weird shit kept happening and by the end of it I had more needles in me in the last 6 months than every other other instance before it combined. 
Life == weird

About the vaccine. It mostly depends on the vaccine you are taking. Different vaccines have different side-effects. Most of my family members have taken the second shot as well. For us, the first one caused some exhaustion and arm pain. For the second one, same symptoms but lesser in intensity and to probably half the members. 
So get as soon as you can.

Calavente Wrote: yes you are.

when you post, I take care to read intensely... because often it's something interesting.
my guess is that you try too much to have something interesting to say, instead of telling whatever.
Oh, thank you. That means a lot.

I used to spend a lot of time as a kid skimming Wikipedia and stuff instead of reading books like a normal kid, so I have an encyclopedic knowledge on obscure topics no one would ever care to research, even though I lack basic pop culture knowledge. It's a useful skill to have, I guess, but I don't think it makes me interesting as a person, more just someone who has a lot to talk about. I don't share a lot of super personal info on here, though, so maybe it's just that I don't haven't shared anything about myself that people might think is interesting.

I'll admit I do force it a little bit because I find that my more informative posts get a lot of rep, so I like sharing interesting tidbits cuz I like seeing imaginary numbers go high.

Duskuro Wrote: Watchin daredevil for some reason. its kinda boring.. might watch the punisher too... still. marvel. some series are totally boring. Especially after endgame, shit feels like cash grabs and nothing more.
The only part of that Daredevil show I really remember is that part where a dude throws a microwave at a guy. That's the only clip I remotely remember from that show, which should give you a good idea about how I feel about it.

I remember people talking a lot about the Netflix Jessica Jones show for its darker subject matter, but I'm pretty sure Disney disowned it / cut it from the main MCU stuff cuz it wasn't something they produced. It's kind of a shame that Disney does everything in house now, cuz it'd be pretty cool to see someone else take a crack at using those characters. Unfortunately, the House of Mouse is too damn protective of its properties.

Personally, I thought all this superhero stuff was going to die after Endgame, but nope. It's as strong as ever. Especially with that new show Invincible from Amazon. I didn't expect it to do so well, consider it's a lot more violent than the usual superhero affair, and it's animated. Americans tend not to take animation seriously, but I think it had the benefit of good animation and writing by Robert Kirkman (the dude who did the Walking Dead comic).

I dropped it after a few episodes cuz it was way way way too violent, and everything surrounding one of the characters made me supremely uncomfortable due to personal reasons. I'm not a fan of that kind of stuff.

I actually own the entirety of Invincible's comic, but I've never read it. It arrived in three "volumes" that are legitimately thicker than phone books. Seriously, you could kill a man with one of these, let alone all three.

https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Fmg6ejl7yqkc61.jpg

Not my picture, posted by some nerd on Reddit.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier was good. It dealt with some stuff I didn't think Disney would be willing to touch and it's got some cool scenes in it that feel unlike anything put in any of the blockbuster films. Honestly, I think I'd rather them do these smaller shows than movies, cuz these feel deeper and more interesting. I'm being intentionally vague to not spoil anyone.

Also, they showed "Woman with Parasol" by Monet, which is my favorite impressionist painting ever and is hanging in my bedroom as I type this. I think it was my first "adult" purchase, since it wasn't a video game or something stupid like that.

Axolot Wrote:
Calavente Wrote: it's not dying...
it's just that the people are rotating...
and I guess I won't post for a few days.

everyone can have their "low days".

I'm not dead yet. I'm only less active on this thread. Otherwise I'm still reading on Royal Road.
Much the same, I still read everything, but I rarely feel like saying anything, unless someone asks a question. 

l611 Wrote:
Duskuro Wrote:
AshroBugger Wrote: I hate needles
Who doesnt.
I'm kinda indifferent. 

Oh let me tell you a funny anecdote. I'm a lucky guy. I get fever like once a year max. So last year around November I was thinking that I probably haven't needed a needle in more than a decade(except for donating blood umm twice, thrice?). 
Anyways, my dad suddenly decides to get everyone tested for normal issues. Needles. My thyroid is weird. More needles. Doc doesn't like that specific test lab so even more needles. Weird shit kept happening and by the end of it I had more needles in me in the last 6 months than every other other instance before it combined. 
Life == weird
I’m a mud eater type of kid, so I rarely get sick but when I do I want to die