Re: The Fancy Pants Kids of RoyalRoad

gej302 Wrote: to be fair, Chrysalis... starts with an admittedly damaged mindset, who is getting positive reinforcement from the monster side only for a bunch of the start of the story, so it makes lots of sense that a young, mistreated, damaged kiddo who is reborn as something else... would start to fit in with the "people" that accepted him.

Yeah, but I’m meaning with someone who has a non-fudge up mindset.

North Wrote:
Fuchsia Wrote: Has anyone tried The Way Ahead? 

Just noticed it on the top of trending. 

Synopsis is kind of basic..

It was ok. I just stopped reading it. Basically a scientist gets isekai'd into a system world. If you like that stuff you will probably enjoy this story. I don't really care about the science stuff, but nothing really happened so far that grabbed my attention.

indeed im curreently wondering if i should stop reading it or not. i like cheats and advantages, the MC barely has any if none.

AshroBugger Wrote:
Duskuro Wrote:
Litrpg101 Wrote: Hey Duskuro! Found a story you might like. It's basicaly all power fantasy. Very little in the way of 'plot' and 'character development' to get in the way of that sweet sweet power fantasy.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/42788/reincarnated-as-a-nightwalker

the fact that the MC has a chinese name already makes me want to puke.

I hate Chinese names

So do I. compared to korean names and japanese names chinese annoy me the most, and korean ones are hard to remember who is who at times.

DrBuller Wrote:
North Wrote: Ima pull an Ashro and write a post that has nothing to do with what anyone is talking about. (Even though my previous post was already like that lol)

Harems are stupid.

It's a genre that brings in the masses. Makes sense that so many write it.

But, yeah, it is pretty stupid.

Senior brother DrBuller-sama, you answered this one's post? This one is honored you deigned to notice them and is grateful for the agreement you showed! Thank you again Senior brother!

North Wrote:
DrBuller Wrote:
North Wrote: Ima pull an Ashro and write a post that has nothing to do with what anyone is talking about. (Even though my previous post was already like that lol)

Harems are stupid.

Senior brother DrBuller-sama, you answered this one's post? This one is honored you deigned to notice them and is grateful for the agreement you showed! Thank you again Senior brother!

Like I have said many times before, we need to take back what we said 15 March 1989. This should be proof enough.

DrBuller Wrote:
North Wrote:
DrBuller Wrote:

Harems are stupid.

Like I have said many times before, we need to take back what we said 15 March 1989. This should be proof enough.

I don't know what was said that day, but I'm pretty sure last time it was 28 May 1997...  DrakanThinking

Litrpg101 Wrote:
AshroBugger Wrote:
l611 Wrote: meh on the non-human mc cuz of that. even if they are literal insect, 99% of the times they still act like humans and/or try and impose 21th century humans morals. that's why imo ELLC was so popular at the start. for some time that felt genuinely different.

Well kinda hard to give up you’re morals if you lived you’re whole life with them

I don't mind them imposing human morals. Because, you know, those are usually better than whatever those damned savages usually have. I actually quite dislike it when an MC loses itself to the monster mindset.

Worst part of Chrysalis and I'm a spider, so what. Great stories otherwise.

Oh, and my second chapter has been uploaded.

works if the mc is isekaied. else, it just doesn't work. heck, even if the mc is isekaied i sometimes prefer if they adapt to the new reality. either be powerful enough to mold the people according to your liking or go with the flow and achieve targets in some semblance of order. being wishy-washy is just irritating. heck, the old noble knight type is then more interesting.  

DrBuller Wrote:

Harems are stupid.

i'm gonna say something that 99% would disagree with. imo, they get more hate than they deserve. some people outright reject novels if they have a harem even if it is done properly. second, if you are ok with stupid cheats, random SSS tier drops for mc, people bending backwards for the oh-so-cool mc then might as well go along with harem as well. they are not the focus and just completely shutting out a story cuz of that is kinda stupid(?) or well irritating to me at least.