Re: The Fancy Pants Kids of RoyalRoad

DoomAlsoDoom Wrote: Why are people DM'ing you? Did you ask them to? I wouldn't otherwise put up with them dumping on you in DM unless you specifically asked them to.
Haha yep, I specifically asked them to PM me with their critique. I have a thread about it in writing tips. I felt that my writing was lacking and wanted to know what I could improve on. Soooo they did exactly that lol

Calavente Wrote: so back to the topic : which genre ?

anything where the MC is not purely evil or a-moral.
and rarely stories "on normal Earth, with spice".
you got recommendations for stories about evil MCs?
Not just antihero or MCs saying they are so evil cuz they massacred a village but we know it was done to save the country. I mean true evil characters.
my recommendation for that is 'Reverend Insanity'. It's in my top 3. and for all the people complaining about bad xianxia. this is it. a good one. (one thing tho, it's a bit edgy at the start. the author had even gotten a ban lol. anyways, it gets better and better.)

l611 Wrote:

Not just antihero or MCs saying they are so evil cuz they massacred a village but we know it was done to save the country. I mean true evil characters.
my recommendation for that is 'Reverend Insanity'. It's in my top 3. and for all the people complaining about bad xianxia. this is it. a good one. (one thing tho, it's a bit edgy at the start. the author had even gotten a ban lol. anyways, it gets better and better.)

Aren't all 'Evil MC' novels so edgy that the goth kids use them to cut themselves?

Never really seen one that didn't tick me off, have no fondness for the genre.

Litrpg101 Wrote:
l611 Wrote:

Aren't all 'Evil MC' novels so edgy that the goth kids use them to cut themselves?

most are lol. that's why it's difficult to find a good one. that said, this one is indeed good. the edginess subsides.

l611 Wrote:
Litrpg101 Wrote:
l611 Wrote:

most are lol. that's why it's difficult to find a good one. that said, this one is indeed good. the edginess subsides.
Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence. On this site: Sylver Seeker, Re:Direction The Peak (Cultivation Tale), Supervillainy and Other Poor Career Choices, and Evil Overlord: The Makening. They aren't 'kick the puppy for lulz' evil, but they are quite willing to let innocents suffer for their own benefit.

Somebody Stop Her is ostensibly about a supervillain, but it's slightly more comedic and is less... bloody.

l611 Wrote:

what I meant is that I don't like Evil MC...

so, very often I don't read much of the novel..
"everybody loves large chests" is the story I followed the longest about an evil MC (a monster/mimic)

DoomAlsoDoom Wrote: I made it to the bottom of trending. Does that make me a big boi now?
congratulations !