Re: The Fancy Pants Kids of RoyalRoad

Wing Wrote:
l611 Wrote:
AeroKaia Wrote: Except for that one bad review that's literally so petty lmfao. He could've just skipped it but noooo, had to get his 2 cents in lol.
well, that got deleted already. kana likes the story so maybe keeping a special eye on it lol

It wasn't Kana. I looked into it and removed it because it broke 2 rules. (the user's account was reported)
Honestly from an authors standpoint I really appreciate you personally looking into things like that. You're the best peolove 

That review was really just unnecessarily bashing a book without any legitimate critique. So yeah, happy to see something like that not being allowed.

Axolot Wrote:
Litrpg101 Wrote: Did anyone else try 'Daybreak on Hyperion'? I stopped after like 14 chapters. I was able to ignore the Russian propaganda and the strongest case of Stolckhome Syndrome I've ever seen, but the switch from politics and relationships to full-blown melodrama shook me off of the story. Plus the assassin combat scene seriously sucked. 

Amyway, wanted to see other people's thoughts are on it. Maybe it got better later.

Wanted to read, but now I'm torn.
I still want to try it, so I looked, and now there are only 9 chapters that all came out yesterday, sooo?

North Wrote:
Axolot Wrote:
Litrpg101 Wrote: Did anyone else try 'Daybreak on Hyperion'? I stopped after like 14 chapters. I was able to ignore the Russian propaganda and the strongest case of Stolckhome Syndrome I've ever seen, but the switch from politics and relationships to full-blown melodrama shook me off of the story. Plus the assassin combat scene seriously sucked. 

Amyway, wanted to see other people's thoughts are on it. Maybe it got better later.

I still want to try it, so I looked, and now there are only 9 chapters that all came out yesterday, sooo?

There's a bunch more chapters on other sites.

Litrpg101 Wrote:
North Wrote:
Axolot Wrote:

Oh, okay. I think that if you like the genderbender stuff and the other stuff going on, you will love it, but otherwise, it isn't that fun.

Litrpg101 Wrote:
North Wrote:
Axolot Wrote:

The extra chapters

AeroKaia Wrote:
North Wrote:
Litrpg101 Wrote: There's a bunch more chapters on other sites.
Oh, okay. I think that if you like the genderbender stuff and the other stuff going on, you will love it, but otherwise, it isn't that fun.
Genderbend? Hmm...
https%3A%2F%2Fim.idiva.com%2Fcontent%2F2020%2FFeb%2FTa...ecab5e.gif
I agree, I don't really like genderbend. The stories centered around it aren't my thing, and if the story just has it, I don't think it adds anything meaningful and just detracts from the story... Nothing wrong with the story or idea, me just no likey.

North Wrote:
AeroKaia Wrote:
North Wrote:
Genderbend? Hmm...
I agree, I don't really like genderbend. The stories centered around it aren't my thing, and if the story just has it, I don't think it adds anything meaningful and just detracts from the story... Nothing wrong with the story or idea, me just no likey.

Does Magic Smithing count as genderbender? he\she sounds more like a girl than a boy

Jossy Wrote:
North Wrote:
AeroKaia Wrote:
North Wrote:
Genderbend? Hmm...

Does Magic Smithing count as genderbender? he\she sounds more like a girl than a boy

Of course it counts? The dude gender got bent.

luda305 Wrote:
Litrpg101 Wrote:
Quote: Does Magic Smithing count as genderbender? he\she sounds more like a girl than a boy

Wouldn't that be sex, not gender?

Well, both really. A sausage became a donut in the beginning, and being raised as a girl really reinforced gender roles on her. Maybe if it was a transmigration story instead of a reincarnation story, the MC would be a transgender... male? 

Quick question, is a 'transgender male' a biological female who identifies as male, or a biological male who identifies as female?

I've never really met a transgender person, so idk.

Litrpg101 Wrote:
luda305 Wrote:
Litrpg101 Wrote:
Quote: Does Magic Smithing count as genderbender? he\she sounds more like a girl than a boy

Well, both really. A sausage became a donut in the beginning, and being raised as a girl really reinforced gender roles on her. Maybe if it was a transmigration story instead of a reincarnation story, the MC would be a transgender... male? 

Quick question, is a 'transgender male' a biological female who identifies as male, or a biological male who identifies as female?

I would assume a female identifying themselves as a male, because calling them transgender male seems to ruin the point... idk tho.

Also, that one 'daybreak on hyperion' story had some transphobe vibes coming off of it. Like, the secondary mc basically said 'you look like a girl, so you are a girl' several times, the MC basically put up no refute to that, and the narrator starting refering to him as a her before tge MC even accepted it.

I'm telling y'all, if I was gender bent transmigrated, I'd be transgender.

Litrpg101 Wrote:
luda305 Wrote:
Litrpg101 Wrote:

No no the gods ate his penis making him a girl