Re: The Fancy Pants Kids of RoyalRoad

flowerpower6286 Wrote:
pewpewcachoo Wrote:
gej302 Wrote: lol currently in dark mode with the night-shades on... it's like Halloween here, black and orangy

Is this you???

Classic. How do you even know all these random songs?

Maybe it's an age thing. Or maybe i am just a musicophile, if it sounds good i listen to it. Language is not a barrier for great music.

I have around 80k songs stored currently on my computer. Kinda small actually, compared to other people who enjoy music.

pewpewcachoo Wrote: Maybe it's an age thing. Or maybe i am just a musicophile, if it sounds good i listen to it. Language is not a barrier for great music.

I have around 80k songs stored currently on my computer. Kinda small actually, compared to other people who enjoy music.

Hold up people store music on their computer? I just have Spotify and Apple music. And anything rare I just youtube it DrakanFascinating

l611 Wrote:
pewpewcachoo Wrote: I have around 80k songs stored currently on my computer. Kinda small actually, compared to other people who enjoy music.

I haven't downloaded a single song in the last 8 years lol. but even then 80k is a lot! max I had at point would be around 3k.

same... nothing downloaded since 8+ years (so not legally accountable anymore .. yeah)

and for everything... I'm listening on youtube.
I don't think I've listened to a song present on my own HD since... years

I'm more likely to play a CD than to open a music file on my computer with winamp or VLC such similar software. 

gej302 Wrote: I had it look odd when it updated partial profile, but then it fixed itself a few minutes later, you know, right after I posted the support ticket.

Also, I posted a guide to rep on the Community Guides section, please cross-check it for me and see if I missed anything you think would be key info.

link here: https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/109297

Thanks!

typo :

less fancy gem when you move up a teir
 less fancy gem when you move up a tier

I'd change in the table : 

Rep Value

by

Your Rep

(but it's a personal vision)
same :

Maximum Rep Grant

by

Maximum Rep Grant per rep

and I'd mention somewhere that giving the max rep, or a lesser amount of rep doesn't change the number of times you can give rep or your own amount of rep.

pewpewcachoo Wrote:
flowerpower6286 Wrote:
pewpewcachoo Wrote:
gej302 Wrote: lol currently in dark mode with the night-shades on... it's like Halloween here, black and orangy

Is this you???

Classic. How do you even know all these random songs?

Maybe it's an age thing. Or maybe i am just a musicophile, if it sounds good i listen to it. Language is not a barrier for great music.

It's good. I feel like we could make a random statement in this thread and you would know a legit song for it.

Calavente Wrote: I really second l611 on this one.
You don't read it for the virtual reality.
You get hooked by the overarching plots,
the indepth description of martial art styles that "surely the Author did a whole series on this martial art and its people to be able to give it so much back story" (but a hundred such martial arts and specific cultures will be described).
You get hooked by the socially innept genius that can read and pre-calculate the moves of every soldiers in a battle front with 30mins of forewarning, but can't notice a natural emotion.
You get amused by the crazy pranks of a God.

Well, in short, it's the adventures of a young genius that want to retire after leading his guild to conquer the world, thrice. Nobody really know of him, but those few that know don't want him to leave "just like that".

Honestly, the early chapters are a bit crazy, but then the craziness makes sense ... without being less crazy, it's just that you get numbed to it, addicted to it.

and that work.... that work...
the litterature, the lore (it has more lore than 10 stories patched together), the red hearings and small clues ... it's a huge work.

ok, you made me want to read it. will try.

Calavente Wrote:
gej302 Wrote: I had it look odd when it updated partial profile, but then it fixed itself a few minutes later, you know, right after I posted the support ticket.

Also, I posted a guide to rep on the Community Guides section, please cross-check it for me and see if I missed anything you think would be key info.

link here: https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/109297

Thanks!

typo :

less fancy gem when you move up a teir
 less fancy gem when you move up a tier

I'd change in the table : 

Rep Value

by

Your Rep

(but it's a personal vision)
same :

Maximum Rep Grant

by

Maximum Rep Grant per rep

and I'd mention somewhere that giving the max rep, or a lesser amount of rep doesn't change the number of times you can give rep or your own amount of rep.

damn those litrpg boxes make me horny.

Calavente Wrote: and I'd mention somewhere that giving the max rep, or a lesser amount of rep doesn't change the number of times you can give rep or your own amount of rep.

This part was already there, but I clarified the table, to include that the story comments was an author bonus, not that you got to give more on comments just because.  Fixed the two typos (yours plus another).  Split some of the limit stuff.

AeroKaia Wrote:
pewpewcachoo Wrote: Maybe it's an age thing. Or maybe i am just a musicophile, if it sounds good i listen to it. Language is not a barrier for great music.

Hold up people store music on their computer? I just have Spotify and Apple music. And anything rare I just youtube it DrakanFascinating

I do use spotify a good bit, and youtube. But it's nice to know i can just listen to music and not need the internet for it. I've also been collecting music for a long time, i actually have a good bit of indy music or local stuff you can't find anywhere unless you have a CD/EP/Record of it. Not everyone uploads there music online, or at least the older bands from 20+ years ago might not have uploaded any of their music.

Speaking of rare music, i didn't think i would find this on spotify some times you just need to listen to ska music.

l611 Wrote:
pewpewcachoo Wrote: I have around 80k songs stored currently on my computer. Kinda small actually, compared to other people who enjoy music.

I haven't downloaded a single song in the last 8 years lol. but even then 80k is a lot! max I had at point would be around 3k.

I haven't really been downloading songs in a while, most of my stuff is from 1995-2014ish. But if i find something new i don't have i will go find a copy of it. Sometimes paying, sometimes not so much.