Re: The Fancy Pants Kids of RoyalRoad

l611 Wrote: btw, just wanted to give a shoutout to this one:
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/15441/after-the-mountains-are-flattened

one of my fav. kinda sad that it doesn't have a lot of following. if you guys are looking for something new to read try this one.
ps: the description is very misleading. he didn't 'luck' into anything and the story isn't about him fooling around/dragged by his friends.

Thanks, will give it a look.

Axolot Wrote:

one of my fav. kinda sad that it doesn't have a lot of following. if you guys are looking for something new to read try this one.
ps: the description is very misleading. he didn't 'luck' into anything and the story isn't about him fooling around/dragged by his friends.

Ah, virtual reality. Sorry. Not big fan of this genre.

Litrpg101 Wrote:
DoomAlsoDoom Wrote:
msng Wrote: Agreed! You cannot even click half of it to write anything inside!  peoangry

Is this a mobile user thing? I haven't really noticed anything different with the comment boxes.

They also changed the pop-up for when you succeed at giving people rep and fail at giving people rep.

I'ma be honest, can't say I like the new look.

I legitimately thought you were doing that annoying things folks used to do where they'd say "Oh wow, the heart glows when you like a post" or something like that just to farm likes on social media.

But you weren't. Egg on my face.

Axolot Wrote: I going to recommend this one:

https://www.royalroad.com/fictions/search?title=Mark+of+the+Fool%3A+A+Progression+Fantasy

The mc is cool. And he's got some powerful but at the same time hard to master ability.

Ha! Jokes on you, I already follow that!

MarikoRawralton Wrote:
Litrpg101 Wrote:
DoomAlsoDoom Wrote:
msng Wrote: Agreed! You cannot even click half of it to write anything inside!  peoangry

Is this a mobile user thing? I haven't really noticed anything different with the comment boxes.

They also changed the pop-up for when you succeed at giving people rep and fail at giving people rep.

I'ma be honest, can't say I like the new look.

I legitimately thought you were doing that annoying things folks used to do where they'd say "Oh wow, the heart glows when you like a post" or something like that just to farm likes on social media.

But you weren't. Egg on my face.

On a entirely unrelated note:

Oh wow everyone, look! When you rep someone, the text turns red, and you get a yellow checkmark! You should totally check it out!

(This is a joke Wing, please don't get 
Peopew
and make me
peodead peoreaper .)

Axolot Wrote:
Axolot Wrote:

Ah, virtual reality. Sorry. Not big fan of this genre.

well ok *shrug*. not my story. 
just wanted to let people know. 

But, if the main issue is VR then, it's not like 99% of stories of that genre. it's not something that everyone takes super seriously and world economics run based on it or even 'it looks like a game but actually you going into another world'. it's a mix of the absurdity of the actions of a guy that has already 'conquered' the game as well as deeeeeeep lore and world building. the author manages to put 10 layers of meaning in everything lol.

Axolot Wrote: I going to recommend this one:

https://www.royalroad.com/fictions/search?title=Mark+of+the+Fool%3A+A+Progression+Fantasy

The mc is cool. And he's got some powerful but at the same time hard to master ability.

looks cool. will try. I usually however try to avoid anything with less than 300-400 pages. often stories have an awesome start but authors can't manage to continue or lose interest and drop it. I'm guesstimating but I think 80% of the dropped stories didn't make past 250 pages.

msng Wrote: Hope the new setup works for you, Litrpg101.

Not a huge fan of Virtual Reality stories, but have enjoyed a few. Will add it to my list.

I really second l611 on this one.
You don't read it for the virtual reality.
You get hooked by the overarching plots,
the indepth description of martial art styles that "surely the Author did a whole series on this martial art and its people to be able to give it so much back story" (but a hundred such martial arts and specific cultures will be described).
You get hooked by the socially innept genius that can read and pre-calculate the moves of every soldiers in a battle front with 30mins of forewarning, but can't notice a natural emotion.
You get amused by the crazy pranks of a God.

Well, in short, it's the adventures of a young genius that want to retire after leading his guild to conquer the world, thrice. Nobody really know of him, but those few that know don't want him to leave "just like that".

Honestly, the early chapters are a bit crazy, but then the craziness makes sense ... without being less crazy, it's just that you get numbed to it, addicted to it.

and that work.... that work...
the litterature, the lore (it has more lore than 10 stories patched together), the red hearings and small clues ... it's a huge work.

flowerpower6286 Wrote:
pewpewcachoo Wrote: Egh, dark mode is for the weak...

BURN YOUR EYES FOR THE SUN GOD!

DrakanGlasses

Yeah, how dare pew write that?! (lol)

l611 Wrote: a question. 
i was level 20 nearing level 21. got to the next rep level and my xp actually fell? did they change something once again?

I didn't notice anything, but you scared me enough to check. Didn't notice anything then, either.

Maybe you were at 19 before?

gej302 Wrote: I had it look odd when it updated partial profile, but then it fixed itself a few minutes later, you know, right after I posted the support ticket.

Also, I posted a guide to rep on the Community Guides section, please cross-check it for me and see if I missed anything you think would be key info.

link here: https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/109297

Thanks!

The last one, the 6/10 one, 10 rep is still only for your own story comments.