Re: How would you make someone hate humanity (without Videogames)

Ayuman2007 Wrote: I only know how to make someone hate humanity with videogames because I experience that often.

I know that feeling. I just got back into Tekken 7.

Ayuman2007 Wrote: The only question is, how to make someone hate humanity without games.
I mean, there is poverty, general assholes, and similar, but I have no Idea how to write them.

The people I've met who "hate humanity" are usually pretty young and suffer from bad pasts. They have trust issues and personal problems that aren't resolved. When you think everyone is out to get you, you start to hate everyone.

Also people with a lot of experience with prejudice. Racism, sexism, etc. Hate feeds hate, it's a cliche at this point.

MarikoRawralton Wrote:
Ayuman2007 Wrote: The only question is, how to make someone hate humanity without games.
I mean, there is poverty, general assholes, and similar, but I have no Idea how to write them.

The people I've met who "hate humanity" are usually pretty young and suffer from bad pasts. They have trust issues and personal problems that aren't resolved. When you think everyone is out to get you, you start to hate everyone.

Also people with a lot of experience with prejudice. Racism, sexism, etc. Hate feeds hate, it's a cliche at this point.

In short, do the clichee:

Betrayed, beaten and forgotten and abused stuff?
Like, uh, a teacher in a school saying to a student who came late: Did your waterboat finally reach this land? or something like that?
And then the student hates the teacher or has general mistrust of adults or stuff like that

Well, weird as it may be, Twitter, youtube, social media in general, news of the world, stuff like global warming stuff, and reports on general human stupidity. 
That or a personal experience that traumatized you. I know that feeling well. Very well. :D
Old hermits who ran into the mountains to avoid others that begin to monologue about humanity.
Books and history.
Idiots.
Traveling to places like Chernobyl might do it. Or Nagasaki and Hiroshima.
Hospitals or slums in poorer places.
Politics.
Disease. 
Animal abuse.
Needless hatred.
Humans are honestly pretty awful. There's an almost countless number of things I hate about them.
"I hate humans. However, I love people." 
People are nice. 
https%3A%2F%2Fi.quotev.com%2Fimg%2Fq%2Fu%2F17%2F1%2F11%2Fnbywyomfv6.jpg
But humans absolutely suck.
https%3A%2F%2Fencrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com%2Fimage...g%26usqp%3DCAU 

Ramingo Wrote: Just let them browse Twitter for 5 minutes.  DrakanBook

Actually, this reminds me.

The game Metal Gear Solid 2 has a point where the protagonist talks to an AI that filters Internet content.

The AI describes a future in which the Internet becomes a cesspool of worthless information. With no context, this information piles up, to be absorbed by the user.
Truth becomes convenience if there's no one around to reliably sort through it. We all begin to believe what we feel is right, not what is right.
Different viewpoints get stronger and stronger as people recede into online "tribes". No one trusts each other. No one is wrong, no one is right. You just get dozens of divided little groups.

TL;DR

Maybe isolation is key. Believing in something you think the rest of the world should believe. Someone who thinks they're the only sane person left. 

Cults or religious extremists tend to be reclusive. Conspiracy theorists and the mentally ill too. When one feels they're different, either below or above others, hate forms.

That would be a good catalyst to make someone hate the world.

Well. they're not called The Seven Deadly Sins for nothing. 

PRIDE - Of all the sins known to Mankind, PRIDE is the most deadly. In fact PRIDE, along with ENVY and ANGER, are known as the Three Spiritual Sins. Any one of these three sins is an affront to God and, of course by default, to humanity as well. PRIDE, better defined these days as Hubris or Vanity, is the excessive belief in oneself, so much so that all others are viewed as being useless and unworthy. PRIDE is the sin from which all other sinning sprouts, for when one views themselves as being better than all others, it is easy to treat others like dirt.

For reference purposes, PRIDE is associate with the Horse, the color Purple and the Sun. Its punishment in Hell is to be broken on the wheel. 

ENVY is the desire to possess that which belongs to others, doing so in the belief that others do not deserve the things they own. It is, in fact, self-hatred -- thinking others are luckier or prettier or better somehow, and thus deserving of ridicule and mistreatment. Those who fall prey to ENVY believe that things will get worse over time, and therefore anything anyone else has should be taken from them right now, before it goes to waste. 

ENVY is associated with the Dog, the color Green and the Moon. Its punishment is to be immersed in freezing water. 

ANGER - Also known as Wrath, ANGER is simply pure Hatred. It is punishment without logic, and defies good moral sense. More appropriately, ANGER is the misplacement of Love -- if a person does not give or receive Love for whatever reason, ANGER is substituted instead. It is the desire see harm done to others for whatever reason, through thoughts or words or deeds.

ANGER is ssociated with the color Bear, the color Red and the planet Mars. Its punishment is to be dismembered. 

The nexr four Deadly Sins are called Corporal Sins. They are not an affront to God and Man, but instead are an affront to one's self. Of course, by being spiteful towards one's self, it's easy to see how such a person could also be cruel to others.

LAZINESS -- or SLOTH -- is the avoidance of work, doing so by demanding that other people take care of you. It is a total lack of reverence and respect for anyone, including one's own self. Those who are truly lazy believe it doesn't matter if one is good or bad -- what matters most is not having to be useful.

LAZINESS is associated with the Goat, the color Turquoise and the planet Saturn. Its punishment is to be bitten constantly by snakes.

GLUTTONY is overindulgence -- the wasteful use of needful things with the sole intent of making other people suffer. It's a form of self-pity, forcing other people to hate you because you're unloved. People who overindulge are filled with contempt, both for themselves and for all others. 

It associated with the Pig, the color Orange and the planet Jupiter. Its punishment is to be buried alive in rats and toads. 

GREED is forsaking others in the pursuit of wealth and fame. It's treating people as if they are expendable, using them and lying to them to get what you want. GREED is the craving of anything you don't possess, hoping others fall to ruin so you can have it all. It is wanting everything just so that everyone else will then have none. 

It is associated with the Frog, the color Yellow and the planet Mercury. Its punishment is to be boiled in oil. 

LUST is the embracing of unclean thoughts and acts. It's sadistic behavior -- treating people as mere toys. It's also the mismanagemnt of valuable resources, using things improperly with the intent of leaving behind for others nothing but chaos and ruin.

It's associated with the Cow, the color Blue and the planet Venus. Its punishment in Hell is to burn forever. 

So there you have it. All the ways and reasons why people hate each other. Choose one or two or more of them -- or just choose them all. 

Go nuts. Good luck! Woo hoo! 😛

Lots of good things been said, lets add a bit of my own

a childhood doesn't have to be abusive for people to turn out a little or more than a little twisted, but it does often start young. People are wired rather strangely and small things can quickly get blown out of proportion.

A child that starts to associate getting presents with being appreciated will then feel unappreciated when they don't get things. It may not even be because of anything the parents do. A peer getting lots of presents can cement that idea already. A child doesn't realize those parents might be compensating for something, or just plain spoiling the other child. He just sees how much those parents 'love' their child by giving all kind of special stuff. 

Both children will grow up wanting to be given stuff, and both will most likely be disappointed because life doesn't work that way. The older you get, the less stuff you get without doing anything for it. They'll be disappointed and angry. Confirmation bias will show them that everyone gets more than they do. Jealousy, anger, the feeling the whole world is against them. They'll be shouting in the workplace that THEY deserved that promotion instead of Jones! If that's where it ends, they're unpleasant people but not too extreme. Now hand this person some measure of power, and the true problems start. Because it's never enough. Confirmation bias kicks in again and they will forever see other people getting more than them. They will be envious of those below him for the comfortable life they have, of those above them for the freedom they enjoy and of everyone everywhere for everything they want and don't have. It will never be enough

Bleak picture, yes? People like that aren't even rare

Suffering injustice, whether it be by abusive parents, bullies, bosses, or even society in general is an incredible motivator. Depending on the person, this can lead to two possible outcomes; dedicating themselves to fighting injustice or a sense of persecution which leads them to hate humanity. I think most people choose the first outcome, but there are those who would choose the second.