Re: Soundtracks!

Sean Wrote: I cant be the only one that has a whole list of songs for characters and scenes. Let's see em.
LOL you aren't the only one buddy. I wish I could share my own playlist but I'm way too conscious of my taste in music. However, I do link music from Soundcloud or YouTube at the beginning of my chapters (some... or maybe most for now). You can check them out you want to.

Did you ever consider adding like a QR code of something to link a song/playlist to certain chapters/paragraphs? 
My universe is based in the 80s and there are a lot of references about music so I was wondering if it was something that could be added to spice it up.
In movies, background music is important to carry emotions. I know people that like to listening to music while reading. Couldn't we add our own background playlist for immersion purpose without coming out with an audiobook?

Sean Wrote: Especially since you said you were conscious about it. ❤

Nah, I mean that I normally wouldn't be willing to show others the sort of music I listen to. Just feels odd...
Quentin Wrote: Couldn't we add our own background playlist for immersion purpose without coming out with an audiobook?

Yes you can! If you want to link to music from Soundcloud or YouTube, here's a useful guide!

Quentin Wrote: Wouldn't it be even legal to link a Madonna song into your book?
It's perfectly fine, I'm sure XD
Heck, I've even read somewhere that all you are doing is just linking to someone else who put up the song. There's no problem using it in your fiction.

Quentin Wrote: My question was more about kindle or printed books, for the mainstream public.

This – I'm sure doesn't happen (not that I've seen or heard of something of its kind). At best, there's drama CDs that come coupled with the Japanese light novels but not soundtracks or other such paraphernalia...

I realised a third of the way through writing my radio host character could directly reference songs, given it's in an existing world anyway, rather than people listening while they read, it serves as an anchor point between the different characters in different places at varying times. It helps me keep the timings straight 

In my mind, "Nightquest" by the band Nightwish is my series' opening theme. Other songs that would be included in scenes if this was a TV show and I had copyright ownership over every song ever created would include:

"Ghost Love Score" by Nightwish
"Ever Dream" by Nightwish
"Wayfarer" by Nightwish
"FantasMic" by Nightwish
"Dark Chest of Wonders" by Nightwish
"Dead Promises" by Tarja
"Spirits of the Sea" by Tarja
"Serene" by Tarja
"Shadow Play" by Tarja

I'm a big Nightwish fan, especially a lot of their older songs from when Tarja Tarunnen was their lead singer.

FourPin Wrote: No I literally used the soundtrack from the game/s it's based on, and one or two others that fit the era
Ahh okay. That makes sense then.

TienSwitch Wrote: In my mind, "Nightquest" by the band Nightwish is my series' opening theme. Other songs that would be included in scenes if this was a TV show and I had copyright ownership over every song ever created would include:

I'm a big Nightwish fan, especially a lot of their older songs from when Tarja Tarunnen was their lead singer.

You wouldn't need ownership. Just enough money to license it. ^_~

And when I get back from running errands, I will go down the Nightwish hole. Never heard of them before.

There's a couple bunch a lot I think would be appropriate songs if my series had themes or soundtracks

Believe in your mind · Sennzai 
Swelling · Sennzai
darkslate corridor · Sennzai
Story of Time by Akemi
Konomi Suzuki - Realize
1,000,000 TIMES feat. chelly (EGOIST)· MY FIRST STORY
Shumatsu no Love Song - Nana Mizuki
Namae No Nai Kaibutsu · EGOIST
MEN OF DESTINY · MIO
THE WINNER · 松原みき
Hoshikuzu no sunadoke - YU yu
Hikari no Hate - SUGIZO
Hasen no Namida · Masayoshi Yamazaki
What, you thought I could just choose a few songs? You thought wrong.  peogentleman