Re: Where in the world people are from.

Just something I have been wondering about for a little while. When I think of most people on this site, I just default on them being from the USA or something like it. Having now looked at a few people's profiles, it is turning out to be a bit more diverse than just a single country(even if some are a little hard to trust).

I am from Denmark. Where are you people from? 

Nouthing wroung with adding extrau letteurs. I dou it myself from time tou time.

But I'm technically american, even if I write like a weird mashup with british, canadian, and australian thrown in if you look at my spelling. I just read too many books from too many countries as a child and ended up with a weird mashup vocabulary. I default to favourite and defence, for instance, but I doubt I could be said to actually adhere to any country's writing conventions fully.

I resonate with Asviloka too much. Writing and chatting with people from the US so much means that I learnt to just adapt my writing to some degree, and that trips me up a lot now. I suppose there's only one real annoyance from it, that being how I now default to 'mom' rather than 'mum' like a proper brit is meant to do. On the other hand, I always add u's to my words. People don't really seem to care about it though.

Oh, right. I'm from the UK, London to be specific.

Bananalloy Wrote: I suppose there's only one real annoyance from it, that being how I now default to 'mom' rather than 'mum' like a proper brit is meant to do. On the other hand, I always add u's to my words.

🤣 I insist upon using British spelling, just out of stubbornness I think. I once had someone ask me for my references for it being correct.

Anyway I'm from the UK too, the north but not as far as Scotland.

Nautilus Wrote: Lebanon, Oregon here, you've never heard of it, and if you have I'll give you some rep.

I have, because I was born in roseburg oregon (which you've probably never heard of). 

I've lived all across the US from the west to the east coast; I've lived in japan, costa rica, india, the philippines... basically in a lot of fucking places. The reason being is that my previous job was installing data centers, which usually meant I'd ship off to some state or country every two years. 

Because of all the different places I've lived in, my accent switches a lot. Sometimes I'll sound like a texan, sometimes I'll sound australian, new yorker, so on and so forth. Whatever slang happens to fly outta my mouth comes with the accent I learned it in. 

I also have a habit of using the wrong language. This dude asked me in spanish for something; I immediately told him I didn't understand what he was trying to say- in japanese. Hey, it happens. 

Nestor1079 Wrote: I have, because I was born in roseburg oregon (which you've probably never heard of).

I have heard the name Roseburg in passing, but that's about all I know about it. Glad to see a fellow from Oregon, even if it is just your birth place.

Did you like travelling to so many different places? it seems like is would be a neat experience

I bet the guy got your meaning when you told him you didn't understand lol

No matter where it is that you go- whether you're moving from state to state or from country to country, moving is a hassle. It drains you. Plus you know you're packing up and moving again in just a couple of years, so it's hard to feel like any place has a sense of "home". 
I don't do that work anymore, but I still don't feel... rooted.

Still, I learned a lot of different languages, made friends all over the world, had a bunch of really awesome life experiences. Shit like that. 

Okay, well. it is a site on the world wide web,  so...
 in general, you get English prose, so regardless of the many eastern influenced attempts here and the manga  fans, still  predominantly western writers, and efforts from others practicing their English from where ever.  I find it interesting that western writers try so hard to emulate eastern manga while the eastern manga writers are mostly trying there hardest to adapt western technique motifs and styles, to attract western audiences.  This is probably a good thing overall, intentional or not,  as it shouts of people trying to understand each other.

Born in Texas, adopted, lived in Cali most of my life. For some reason I seem to take the weirdest parts of other cultures and add it to my habits. I use mom, mum, ma, etc. I spell things using whatever feels right at the time(I think it might have something to do with what I eat for some reason. That or my weird personality turnarounds.) I know the dumbest of things that have literally no use in a desert from personal experience. I’ve traveled a fair bit around the world with my family. I have quite a few bad habits that I picked up in North Carolina since I visit there often. I think my actual last vacation with my parents was Aruba. We were planning on going somewhere again but then covid happened.
I think I’ve had other cultures drilled into me for most of my life. Starting at around five when I learned about bug spray and not to fucking spray it on my poor lollipop. I think that was either Tahiti or bora bora or another island. I’ve had to learn tons of stuff, too. Like becoming a certified diver at around 11. I’ve never had to learn another language though. Not entirely at least. I don’t usually stay in a place like that long enough to necessitate learning something like that. 
It might be due to that that no particular culture has completely influenced me. Not even the area I live in. I tend to absorb the necessary stuff pretty quickly at this point though. So if you ask where I’m from, I’d say earth. Or my house. Considering how much I’ve traveled, it’s weird that I think myself to be a shut in now that I talk about it.
But I hate deserts. And I live in one. Kinda ironic. I’m fine with beaches if they aren’t shit. 
But I prefer a slower lifestyle. Mines been way too quick. Not fun. I actually kinda have an unfortunate gratitude towards covid for giving me a break from all the hectic shiz in my life. I physically cannot ignore it like a few lucky others can.
So, hell. I’m from hell.
Or earth.
Or America, or California, or Texas.
Any of those work.
Oh, if it’s my room, then it’s heaven.
https%3A%2F%2Fi.kym-cdn.com%2Fphotos%2Fimages%2Fface...42%2F143.png 
Home sweet home is where heaven and my heart both lie.