Re: Join the Darth Side Review Group!

This is a group that was started with the goal of helping writers receive feedback for their works by reviewing the works of their peers in return. A sort of "you scratch my back, and I'll scratch your back" kind of deal.

Each week, writers will be assigned one chapter from one of their peers to review. Likewise, someone else will be assigned to review one chapter of their story too. Furthermore, each week, we will have two "writers of the week" who's work will have 3 to 5 chapters reviewed by the entire group. The "writers of the week" will be rotated each week so that everyone gets a chance to receive a good deal of critique for their writing.

If you would like to join, please put down the name or link to the project that you would like to have reviewed. For fairness sake, only list one work. If that work becomes reviewed completely by everyone in the group then you can switch to another one of your works at a later time or inform me if you want to switch earlier before the first work becomes completely reviewed by the group.

Please note, that the goal of this group is constructive feedback. So if you don't like another person's work, please be tactful in your review. Furthermore, if there are some kinds of fiction or writing that you refuse to read (such as smut, horror, or other content) please let me know in advance so that you do not get assigned to a work that contains such content.

With all of those rules out of the way, I hope to hear from many of you soon! Join the Darth Side! It is your friendly neighborhood review group! ^.^

There is a discord channel for this group: https://discord.gg/K28FBaRfju

Please join the discord if you can for convenience sake regarding announcements. Thank you!

SeanScruffy Wrote: Hi, I'm a newbie always looking for new things to read. I'm hoping to get some eyes on my sci-fi WIP, Guardium. Basically, it's Mass Effect meets The Illiad. 

As of right now, I'm finishing up reviews for other sites so it'll be a week or two till I get the hang of how things work on RoyalRoad. Till then, I hope to hear from you soon!

Welcome indeed! If you don't have a discord then I'll private message you once we decide who's work you should review for the week. Welcome to the group!

DarthKirby Wrote:
midnightrainbow Wrote: Give me my assignment!

Okay, lol Give me a minute to figure out who needs a partner still.

Edit: Right now, there is an odd number of people in the group. Since it's so close to the weekend anyways, do you mind waiting till monday for your assignment? That way we can form a circle of sorts for the reviews.

No problem! Btw, I don't use discord (yet). 

Cinn Wrote:
DarthKirby Wrote: Each week, writers will be assigned one chapter from one of their peers to review.

Do you mean comment & critique a chapter or an actual review?

In my head it's the former, but I also know better than to make assumptions. 🤣

Yeah, I used the wrong language I guess for this site. But by review, I mean leave comments on the chapter page after evaluating it. So typo corrections, stylistic issues, plot holes, etc, etc. Anything bad or good that stands out about the chapter you let the author know about it. That way they have some idea of what they are doing right or wrong and can fix it or maybe re-evaluate how they are going to tackle the story.

Cinn Wrote:
DarthKirby Wrote: Yeah, I used the wrong language I guess for this site.

Not really, it's just there's two ways it can be interpreted. If it's just a chapter a week, then I probably have time for this. If you don't mind another participant, that is?

I don't mind at all! In fact midnightrainbow was gonna have to wait because we had an odd number of participants. Would you like to review his story while he reviews yours?