Re: Let Us Swap!

Sup folks!

I've been around for a bit and have done some swaps but I've never made a swap thread. So, here I am fishing for some swappers. 

My story is... tough to get into, to say the least. Not because I suck at writing or anything, at least I don't think I do. More because my setting and the story I'm telling is just different. It's niche and I'm under no illusions that it will ever be anything but that.

As a quick run-down, it is an action-oriented dark fantasy that has elements of lo-fi science fiction. There's magic, tattoos, gods, and some sexy time that will probably make you feel kinda weird. The language is mature and the material leans toward the adult side.

Quote:Synopsis:
They watch. They weigh. They rule.

The Tu'i preside over the shadowy Motu 'Oe 'Otu Tu'i. Their tournaments run in perpetuity, constantly feeding their need for death and carnage. As the Advent of the 12th approaches, their machinations kick into overdrive. Some wish to see their leader's long-awaited demise. Others revel in the chaos. And still, others only live for the fight. 

I use a lot of words from my mother language, Tongan, so I've included a glossary that I am updating as I introduce words and terms that are completely foreign to most readers.

So, yeah. If you're interested just let me know and I'll update with a list of the order of swaps I'll be doing. I am looking for full, advance reviews and am asking for honest feedback. I'll be giving the same and if I feel that my review has little to be positive about, then I'll just DM it. Don't be scared to rate low, it'll hurt my feelings for 30 minutes tops but I won't take it out on your story lol.

P.S - I've just started putting out a second story of mine that should hit 10k words soon enough. I might also be looking for some swaps for that one as well. Just putting it out there.

1st Story: They Who Rule

Swap Order:
Graffiti - Shinobi
Boxie Boxie - Soul Warriors
Kyuun - An Age of Fire And Blood
Raskaro - Four Days
Ellen Taylor - Musical Land
TheHex - Tales of a Grim World
Ben Arisson - Deshawn Dale and the Hidden World
Highlord_of_Iron - Collapse Point Harmony
ozei - Reject humanity become monkey
Cathal Ashenhand - Ash and Bone

Graffiti Wrote: I reviewed your other story UNTIL YOU GOT RID OF IT AND IM STILL SALTY ABOUT THAT! 

But, nevertheless, I will give this one a review. In exchange, I’d ask if you reviewed my new story Shinobi.

Dammit, you caught me. I was planning on reviewing Shinobi anonymously since I just started reading it this morning. Guess I have to put my reviewer face on.

Sii Wrote:
Graffiti Wrote: I reviewed your other story UNTIL YOU GOT RID OF IT AND IM STILL SALTY ABOUT THAT! 

But, nevertheless, I will give this one a review. In exchange, I’d ask if you reviewed my new story Shinobi.

Dammit, you caught me. I was planning on reviewing Shinobi anonymously since I just started reading it this morning. Guess I have to put my reviewer face on.

Lit. Then we were already on the path to this lmao

Boxie Wrote: Lets do this~ Mine is Soul Warriors

Kyuun Wrote: Helluuu!
I'm down. Is reading 10k words minimum before forming a review good with you?

My story: An Age of Fire and Blood

All right! I've gone ahead and added you two to my reading list. I apologize for my reading speed, I'll be taking a bit due to work and stuff but I'll get through and read as much as possible.

And for Kyuun, yeah, 10k is perfectly fine with me. I don't expect any more than what you think is fair but if we're doing advance reviews then 10k is the minimum, if I remember correctly.

Sii Wrote: Bumping for anyone who might be interested.

Don't be scurred folks, I don't bite. Promise.

Whelp, I'll take your offer on that for my short story Four Days. Its a little short story, 15k words, with themes I weren't familiar with so I'd appreciate if you focused less on grammar and more on other aspects—I didn't do a revise of it before publishing, since my whole intention with it was to have a grasp of how to make a sensible plot :D And yours look quite interesting, so I'll be starting now. 

Ellen Wrote: Hey, I'm also a writer that's written a super niche story, so I'd like to help you out if you're still interested! Mine is Musical Land in my signature below.

TheHex Wrote: Hey there! I'm game for a swap, and if anyone else also wants in you can just dm me. My story is in the signature. It's a dark fantasy aimed at adult audiences, with multiple characters and a few gory scenes ( also sexy times ). Let me know if you are interested!

Cool, I'll go ahead and add all of you to my list.

I will be working through the reviews as quickly as IRL allows me, so please don't feel discouraged if I take a bit. I should be able to get you guys done by next week, all dependent on my reading speed and how busy I get at work.

Ben Wrote: Hi there, I'm hoping you're not all out of reviews. If you wouldn't mind I would love a review of my story "Deshawn Dale and the Hidden World." I'd be happy to read any one of your stories, just let me know which one. 

Here is the link to my story: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/39920/deshawn-dale-and-the-hidden-world 

Thanks again!

Hey, sounds good to me. I'll add you to my list.
My story is linked below, whatever feedback you have is welcome. I'm doing advanced reviews, just an FYI, so those take a bit longer for me as I like to read a bit deeper to get a good feel for the story. 

They Who Rule

Bumping since I'd rather not make another swap thread.

If anyone wants to swap and would be interesting in a supernatural/horror gangster fiction, let me know. I just got my second story approved and that one is vastly different from the story I'm currently offering for swaps.