Re: Not exactly new,,, but never introduced myself...

Hey there! The name I go by here is DreamCue. Not sure why. It was just something I came up with when I first made my account. I have been apart of this community for a couple years now, but I never really talked on the forums much. I am trying to change that and engage with all the other readers and writers as I have a lot more free time anymore. My favorite things to read would be anything along the fantasy genre and some sci-fi things too, but I am a bit picky with sci-fi. I am a very imaginative reader so stories that are very descriptive make me enjoy them a lot more. I do love reading things like manga, webtoons and comics.

I am trying to write something myself, but I have always fallen off the horse after writing a couple chapters (Mainly due to being busy and forgetting they exist). I am really trying my hardest this time to stick with it and bring my imagination to life in words... and some pictures every so often. Welp, I can't really think of anything else, but I am back and ready to re-engage with the community!

peoeyesparkle

Welcome! Again, it feels weird welcoming people who've been here way longer than me!

I wouldn't worry too much about unfinished projects, it's more common than you think. If they're unshared think of them as practice works. If they're shared be honest with your readers about your ability to write X words in Y time. AFAIK for chapter updates consistency is more important than quantity, because it increases reader trust in the writer.

Anyway I'm rambling now. I hope your fiction finds an audience here.

DreamCue Wrote: Hey there! The name I go by here is DreamCue. Not sure why. It was just something I came up with when I first made my account. I have been apart of this community for a couple years now, but I never really talked on the forums much. I am trying to change that and engage with all the other readers and writers as I have a lot more free time anymore. My favorite things to read would be anything along the fantasy genre and some sci-fi things too, but I am a bit picky with sci-fi. I am a very imaginative reader so stories that are very descriptive make me enjoy them a lot more. I do love reading things like manga, webtoons and comics.

I am trying to write something myself, but I have always fallen off the horse after writing a couple chapters (Mainly due to being busy and forgetting they exist). I am really trying my hardest this time to stick with it and bring my imagination to life in words... and some pictures every so often. Welp, I can't really think of anything else, but I am back and ready to re-engage with the community!

peoeyesparkle

Hi DreamCue

Nice to meet you. I've only joined recently so it seems weird to welcome anyone but I'm doing it anyway 😜. 

I love reading manga and webtoons too. Do you have any favourites? Or any that you're enjoying at the moment? I'd love to get some recommendations since lots of the webtoons I'm reading are going on hold or they've ended recently.

Wish you all the best with your writing. Consistency can be the most difficult thing.