Re: Offering review swaps!

Hi guys, I'm looking for review swaps, so that I can increase my visibility!

Here's the work I hope anyone interested will review: Thief of Time
Synopsis:

Claud Primus, a self-declared master thief, has a simple goal. To live forever. It's a rather easy task, for miraculous objects called lifestones are able to extend one's lifespan. These lifestones are best found in the treasuries of nobles, lovely resorts that Claud pays a visit to every so often. Unfortunately, one of those nightly visits go awry, and Claud is forced to escape with just a single lifestone and a box in hand.
Normally, that's when things die down. The guards yawn, the gates close, and the night continues.
But this time, the night isn't that forgiving. A dozen schemes result in the murder of someone important, and with a convenient scapegoat — Claud — at hand, it doesn't take long for him to be framed as a heinous criminal, wanted for the indirect murder of someone high up...and it just gets worse from there.

How these swaps work:
I'll read at least 15000 words of yours, which is 10 chapters on my work!
I'll PM you directly first before posting if I were to give an overall rating of 3.5 and below, or for any particular category!
I'll have the review ready within 5 working days upon receiving a review, on a first come first serve basis. (Do remember to post the link of your work below, so I know.)
For these reviews, I'll generally point out things I like, so that anyone reading those reviews will know what they're in for. It's more of a positive/what-do-I-like review, rather than a critical one (which I'll PM you if there's glaring issues)

Funny bits about me:
My overall ratings and reviews tend to go high (4.5-5) if you have excellent grammar, so if you're a starting author who needs more visibility and has confidence in your work, come! 
I also don't mind pointing out eye-catching issues in your first chapter (within reason, of course — it's a bit much to expect me to do anything above 3000 words); these issues will generally be limited to grammar. 
All kinds of stories go well with me. I haven't had a visceral reaction to anything so far, so yeah. 

Completed queue:
Dante_FromSpac5's Remnants of the Dawn (Review completed, received)
woollie's Sister Earth (Review completed, received)
enfiejian's Nifflheim (Review completed, waiting for the other party)
gwunders' Frostfall (Review completed, received)
Ben Arisson's Deshawn Dale and the Hidden World (Review completed, completed)
SeanScruffy's Guardium (Review completed, waiting for the other party)
Clovercloverclover's Wander West, In Shadow (Review completed, received)

Current queue: On hold due to fatigue...

Do note that I will automatically change the order if I get a review from someone lower, but eh. Otherwise, the review for the topmost work will be complete within 5 working days maximum. It should be far lesser than that, but I don't like making promises I might not be able to keep.

I would be interested in giving your work a look if you could look at mine. I am of course interested in grammatical feedback, but most interested in content feedback, is the story good, do the characters work/have depth ect. That is also where the focus of my reviews tend to lie. Unless the grammar and spelling make it unreadable (cursory glance at thief suggests that's not the case), focusing on grammar isn't really helpful. That's just my hot take though.

I would love to swap! I just switched over to this cite so would love to get involved in the community and get some feedback as well! Let me know if you accept and I will read your first ten chapters!

My work:

Nifflheim
Asger awakes after being shot full of arrows in an unknown, frozen world. Hundreds of decaying bodies completely cover the ground around him. Cursing the gods, Asger begins searching for answers, until he stumbles upon companions. They soon uncover that they have found themselves in Nifflheim, a place where many go to face the crimes of their past lives. Refusing to take their eternal punishment lying down, the party begins searching for the three keys that are said to open the gates of Nifflheim and allow them into Valhalla. Will they make it out before they join the corpses around them? Or does the party have secrets that could lead to their downfall?

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/39315/nifflheim

I'm in! I've got one other pending review to do atm, so it may take me a few days but I'll follow the same pattern. I'll pm you first with what I write and you can decide whether you want me to post it or not. I have two stories atm, Frostall, an epic fantasy short anthology, and Songs of the Second Apocalypse. Feel free to pick either, though Songs is only four chapters in (less than 10,000 words) and Frostfall is a little under 20,000 words currently.

Xel Wrote: @Dante_FromSpac5
The emphasis on grammar here is to incentivise people who are confident in their work's readability, which in turn helps me to focus on the smaller, more important bits of the story!
Anyway, I'll take yours as the first swap!

Thank you. I may take a week or so to read, and draft a review, so please take your time

Hi, I'm new here and would love to get in contact with other authors! If you're willing, I've gone ahead and posted the first few chapters of my work, Guardium if you would like to do a swap. :) Here's the book link

Synopsis: Year 3184
Science and the divine are forced to share a universe to the highest bidder. There exists friction between them, and caught within their pull stands an Earth ravaged by an apocalyptic event. A human named Illian Jones, dissatisfied with his day job, desires something bigger than himself. Divine forces were listening and answered in the form of humankind's savior, Gaia who is in need of a voice: a Messenger to speak on Her behalf.
They call their kind the Guardium in all iterations.
When humankind is deemed unfit to safeguard Gaia from outside threats, Illian must unify his people against an ancient protocol which seeks to reclaim their planet in marshal law.
They call their kind The Powers in all iterations. And they know only one thing: [Complete Extermination.]

Xel Wrote: @Ben Arisson 
Your work is still rather short, so you can read up to whatever you think is a good place and stop...anyway, I've finished your review.

@Clovercloverclover
You two up for a review swap? 

The details of how I do my swaps are up on the first post. TLDR: It's Thief of Time, advanced swaps.

Thanks! I can be a bit busy during the week, but I will get to your story this friday or this weekend.

Xel Wrote: Hi guys, I'm looking for review swaps, so that I can increase my visibility!

Here's the work I hope anyone interested will review: Thief of Time
Synopsis:

Claud Primus, a self-declared master thief, has a simple goal. To live forever. It's a rather easy task, for miraculous objects called lifestones are able to extend one's lifespan. These lifestones are best found in the treasuries of nobles, lovely resorts that Claud pays a visit to every so often. Unfortunately, one of those nightly visits go awry, and Claud is forced to escape with just a single lifestone and a box in hand.
Normally, that's when things die down. The guards yawn, the gates close, and the night continues.
But this time, the night isn't that forgiving. A dozen schemes result in the murder of someone important, and with a convenient scapegoat — Claud — at hand, it doesn't take long for him to be framed as a heinous criminal, wanted for the indirect murder of someone high up...and it just gets worse from there.

How these swaps work:
I'll read at least 15000 words of yours, which is 10 chapters on my work!
I'll PM you directly first before posting if I were to give an overall rating of 3.5 and below, or for any particular category!
I'll have the review ready within 5 working days upon receiving a review, on a first come first serve basis. (Do remember to post the link of your work below, so I know.)
For these reviews, I'll generally point out things I like, so that anyone reading those reviews will know what they're in for. It's more of a positive/what-do-I-like review, rather than a critical one (which I'll PM you if there's glaring issues)

Funny bits about me:
My overall ratings and reviews tend to go high (4.5-5) if you have excellent grammar, so if you're a starting author who needs more visibility and has confidence in your work, come! 
I also don't mind pointing out eye-catching issues in your first chapter (within reason, of course — it's a bit much to expect me to do anything above 3000 words); these issues will generally be limited to grammar. 
All kinds of stories go well with me. I haven't had a visceral reaction to anything so far, so yeah. 

Completed queue:
Dante_FromSpac5's Remnants of the Dawn (Review received, completed)
woollie's Sister Earth (Review received, completed)
enfiejian's Nifflheim (Review completed, waiting for the other party)
gwunders' Frostfall (Review completed, completed)
Ben Arisson's Deshawn Dale and the Hidden World (Review completed, waiting for the other party)
SeanScruffy's Guardium (Review completed, waiting for the other party)

Current queue:
Clovercloverclover's Wander West, In Shadow 

Do note that I will automatically change the order if I get a review from someone lower, but eh. Otherwise, the review for the topmost work will be complete within 5 working days maximum. It should be far lesser than that, but I don't like making promises I might not be able to keep.

Hi Xel, I would love to swap if you still have spots left. The accept all your conditions and the same would apply to yours, if that is okay. Mine is an original fantasy fiction with elements from Indian mythology. In Summary, it is about a perfect human Prince but a darkness starts eroding his dreams and he discovers all is not what it seems. There is a bigger story at play here, involving Gods and Demons. Link: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/39679/rakhtabhushan-blood-ornament

If it piques your interest, please DM me (quickest) or reply here. Thank you!

peoapproval