Re: How do you create your stories?

Silvia Wrote: It turns out that your stories are created as a complex clockwork mechanism consisting of many details. If it's no secret, how long it takes you to write one book?
Hmm, I probably got started writing Sisters of Rail mid 2016 and within a few weeks ran out of steam due to not having figured out more than the most basic concept.  Then I worked on it (well and procrastinated a lot) until I finally felt ready to start writing and posting chapters at the start of 2020.  But in that time I planned out a series of three books, not just the one.  Book 1 is nearly done now.

But a separate project came together much more quickly over the last few months, though it still has plenty left to flesh out.

Crash Wrote:
Silvia Wrote: It turns out that your stories are created as a complex clockwork mechanism consisting of many details. If it's no secret, how long it takes you to write one book?
Hmm, I probably got started writing Sisters of Rail mid 2016 and within a few weeks ran out of steam due to not having figured out more than the most basic concept.  Then I worked on it (well and procrastinated a lot) until I finally felt ready to start writing and posting chapters at the start of 2020.  But in that time I planned out a series of three books, not just the one.  Book 1 is nearly done now.

But a separate project came together much more quickly over the last few months, though it still has plenty left to flesh out.

So, you're writing several books simultaneously? Am I right?

I like to base my characters off of the people around me; that's what gives some of them their original shape and beginning, then they change throughout the experiences they get put through. 

A person will always wonder what they could have done differently in a situation, I essentially do that in my books. Alter egos. 
One of them for example, is based on someone who has real bad social anxiety in real life, depression, and is super shy, but in my books, she's tough, doesn't care what anyone thinks, does what she wants, and lives life the way she wants. 

My main series that I'm working on now, I mix a lot of fiction with truth. Not just of modern day occurrences/living, but of the characters. Some of them that're based on actual people have actually gone through those events. The supernatural part is obviously stretched a bit, but the growing up & past events that they think about are things they've actually lived. I made the conscious decision to write it that way so it would be more relatable to people who've been down those roads.