Re: Can you guess the plot from the corver?

Hmm ... the word "Wardocks" immediately makes me think of warlocks. Especially when you throw in the word "curse", the dark background, and the slightly demonic-looking character. The crystal thing he's holding could be a soulstone or something similar. And if I had to guess, I'd say the Wardocks are the ones causing this curse.

Mine are in my signature if anyone wants to guess about either one!

David Wrote: Hmm ... the word "Wardocks" immediately makes me think of warlocks. Especially when you throw in the word "curse", the dark background, and the slightly demonic-looking character. The crystal thing he's holding could be a soulstone or something similar. And if I had to guess, I'd say the Wardocks are the ones causing this curse.

Are the two books connected? 

Fun question. I'd say that the Wardocks are under a curse and they're seeking the pictured gem to remove it. The markings on the person almost appear ritualistic as if some ceremony is being performed which I assume will remove the curse. 

Fell free to hazard a guess on my covers below (well the middle one anyway, since the other two are obvious).

Blank_Thought Wrote:
David Wrote: Hmm ... the word "Wardocks" immediately makes me think of warlocks. Especially when you throw in the word "curse", the dark background, and the slightly demonic-looking character. The crystal thing he's holding could be a soulstone or something similar. And if I had to guess, I'd say the Wardocks are the ones causing this curse.

Are the two books connected?

Nope, no connection actually. :) I just designed the right one with a similar cover because that was fastest. :P

parkertallan Wrote: Wardocks are under a curse

You got this part right haha!

Thank you for your reply!

For your covers. It's like you said, the other two are obvious. One about short stories, and the other about physics with cats (which is hilarious btw!).

For the middle one, hummm... lemme guess, it's probably another planet, yet to be discovered. The protagonists arrive in that box spaceship/ or get throw there, and they will have to deal with the aliens living there. As for the title, I don't know... I've never heard the word before, so it be must an original name, probably the name of the planet... or the expedition... I don't know haha! 

Well, the cover hints that the story is going to be a sci-fi adventure with futuristic technologies and alien life.

I hope I'm remotely close to the main plot.

As for its design and attractiveness, I will say it's a 7/10. 
I hope I'm not stepping in, but I would suggest adding an inside border to your cover, so it doesn't look just like an image with a title. The border will give it more "booky" vibes.

Great novel, from a great writer!

Thank you again.

You got the genre and that it takes place on another planet (Myscreth is the planet name) right. Glad you like Physics with Cats.

Appreciate the cover critique. Never thought of including a border, but now that you mention it, I think it would work very well. I'll have to edit the cover and see how it works when I have a chance. I does work very well with your cover which I'd give a 9.5/10.

David Wrote: Nope, no connection actually. :) I just designed the right one with a similar cover because that was fastest. :P

I asked you the connection because I've already read your " Web of Secrets [Modern Cultivation] ", and I thought it will probably influence my guess about the other book. So, since I know what is it about, I will give you my guess for the second one, and my rating for both!

So, let's begin! 

On the first look, it gives magic and spells vibes. The sign may be the logo of an organization or an entity. I believe, judging by the title, the story is going to be about revenge, fights, and action. The protagonist is the redeemer, and he/she may have religious tendencies.

I like your covers' template, it's simple but effective! It makes the story look interesting while remaining mysterious. I give them both a 9/10!

One last thing§ You probably heard this a million times already, but, are you related to Elon Musk by any chance?  ( ̄▽ ̄*)ゞ

Also, last but not least thanks for the reply!!

David Musk is on point, basically what I would have said. In my own words though: Wardocks are black magicians that harvest magic power from crystals to release themselves from a curse.

@davidmusk, I would've thought that those two books were connected, I get a similar feeling from them. Honestly, story wise I don't get much of an character impression, but based on the title, an outcast that seeks to redeem himself? Your second book feels like it involves magical secrets of sorts? I associate "Web" as in refering to an organization or a network of spies.

@parkertallan, Imaginings doesn't tell me much apart from being in space, probably physics. It doesn't interest me. Myscreth is more interesting and it looks like as if the block of stone is either thrown down onto the city or is suspended in air by technology. Physics with cats looks like comedy, I'm already interested, for the laughs.

Here's the cover, not currently posted on RR.

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FLDNTY3al.png

Robazn Wrote: David Musk is on point, basically what I would have said. In my own words though: Wardocks are black magicians that harvest magic power from crystals to release themselves from a curse.

@davidmusk, I would've thought that those two books were connected, I get a similar feeling from them. Honestly, story wise I don't get much of an character impression, but based on the title, an outcast that seeks to redeem himself? Your second book feels like it involves magical secrets of sorts? I associate "Web" as in refering to an organization or a network of spies.

@parkertallan, Imaginings doesn't tell me much apart from being in space, probably physics. It doesn't interest me. Myscreth is more interesting and it looks like as if the block of stone is either thrown down onto the city or is suspended in air by technology. Physics with cats looks like comedy, I'm already interested, for the laughs.

From your cover, I would say that your story is about interstellar travel and multiverses. Your MC is an intergalactic agent who surfs black holes to solve cases!

I like the cover, I rate it 8/10. Although, consider adding more elements to it.

*Smooth retreat*

Cedrych Wrote: Agent Void. 
A black hole that serves as an agent for good in the universe... eating all the local stellar debris to prevent world ending collisions.

Not quite, but thanks for the input!

Blank_Thought Wrote:
Robazn Wrote: David Musk is on point, basically what I would have said. In my own words though: Wardocks are black magicians that harvest magic power from crystals to release themselves from a curse.

From your cover, I would say that your story is about interstellar travel and multiverses. Your MC is an intergalactic agent who surfs black holes to solve cases!

I like the cover, I rate it 8/10. Although, consider adding more elements to it.

*Smooth retreat*

You're not far off. peoapproval

What sort of added details do you think would be interesting?

Robazn Wrote:
Cedrych Wrote: Agent Void. 
A black hole that serves as an agent for good in the universe... eating all the local stellar debris to prevent world ending collisions.

Not quite, but thanks for the input!

Blank_Thought Wrote:

*Smooth retreat*

You're not far off. peoapproval

What sort of added details do you think would be interesting?

I was close, great! 

I don't know, you can add, your name, a border, more details around the black hole or you can add a slogan. For example,

"Agent of the void, to the infinity and beyond." x)

Lol! 

Blank_Thought Wrote:
David Wrote: Nope, no connection actually. :) I just designed the right one with a similar cover because that was fastest. :P

I asked you the connection because I've already read your " Web of Secrets [Modern Cultivation] ", and I thought it will probably influence my guess about the other book. So, since I know what is it about, I will give you my guess for the second one, and my rating for both!

So, let's begin! 

On the first look, it gives magic and spells vibes. The sign may be the logo of an organization or an entity. I believe, judging by the title, the story is going to be about revenge, fights, and action. The protagonist is the redeemer, and he/she may have religious tendencies.

I like your covers' template, it's simple but effective! It makes the story look interesting while remaining mysterious. I give them both a 9/10!

One last thing§ You probably heard this a million times already, but, are you related to Elon Musk by any chance?  ( ̄▽ ̄*)ゞ

Also, last but not least thanks for the reply!!

Thanks! That guess is actually fairly accurate!

And yeah, I do get asked that a lot. I always reply with, "Yep, he's my uncle!" (It's not actually true though. :P )